PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of chaos 2000pts

Adam87
10-02-2009, 12:06
I have always wanted a beastman army just wasnt sure if I could win with them. I have come up with a list im happyish with any help would be nice. cheers.

Khazrak

292pts

Wargor, great weapon, chaos armour.

74pts

Beast heard, 15 gors 5 ungors fc.

160pts

Beast heard, 15 gors 5 ungors fc.

160pts

Tuskgor chariot, mark of khorne.

130pts

130pts

130pts

130pts

6 Hounds

36pts

6 Hounds

36pts

8 Hounds

58pts

8 Hounds

58pts

4 Dragon orges, great weapons.

304pts

304pts

Well thats its. The dragon orges, chariots and the two unit of eight hounds start on the table the rest will ambush.

WhiteKnight
10-02-2009, 14:37
4 khorne chariots? Really?! Hopefully you're not against a gunline because those puppies will be on the ground in turn 1. Turn 2 if you're lucky.

Harwammer
10-02-2009, 18:08
Looks good, but why so many gors in the herds? They are unlikely to see combat until turn 3 at the earliest, so you may as well swap some gors for ungors to absorb the shooting that will be aimed at them when they come on the table. You only really need enough gors to keep the front rank replenished from losses; any more is excess at lowers the units combat effectiveness (less spear attacks and fewer ungors so less chance to outnumber).

You could make the herds 11/12 (drop 4 gor for 7 ungor) and you'd be at the same points (4x7=7x4). Does this not sound better to you?

This army is not going to be easy to use. You have alot of points tied up in expensive dragon ogres so you'll really have to outmanouveur your opponent to win. They won't be able to take on any blocks front on. Also you need to keep in mind raiders can't negate ranks. Run the hounds 1 wide to minimalise attacks directed at them if you want to use them as rank negaters.

The army may get a bit boring too; you've only really invested in two phases movement and combat (well, and magic defence). If I was you I'd settle for minotaurs instead of DOs and try squeeze in a couple of shamans or tz wargors to give the army an extra dimension.

One final point is this army will be really, incredibly screwed by etherals. Barely any static CR and only one magic attack.

Adam87
10-02-2009, 21:10
4 khorne chariots? Really?! Hopefully you're not against a gunline because those puppies will be on the ground in turn 1. Turn 2 if you're lucky.

If I was facing a gun line army then the rest of my army would do realy well.

Adam87
10-02-2009, 21:25
Looks good, but why so many gors in the herds? They are unlikely to see combat until turn 3 at the earliest, so you may as well swap some gors for ungors to absorb the shooting that will be aimed at them when they come on the table. You only really need enough gors to keep the front rank replenished from losses; any more is excess at lowers the units combat effectiveness (less spear attacks and fewer ungors so less chance to outnumber).

You could make the herds 11/12 (drop 4 gor for 7 ungor) and you'd be at the same points (4x7=7x4). Does this not sound better to you?

This army is not going to be easy to use. You have alot of points tied up in expensive dragon ogres so you'll really have to outmanouveur your opponent to win. They won't be able to take on any blocks front on. Also you need to keep in mind raiders can't negate ranks. Run the hounds 1 wide to minimalise attacks directed at them if you want to use them as rank negaters.

The army may get a bit boring too; you've only really invested in two phases movement and combat (well, and magic defence). If I was you I'd settle for minotaurs instead of DOs and try squeeze in a couple of shamans or tz wargors to give the army an extra dimension.

One final point is this army will be really, incredibly screwed by etherals. Barely any static CR and only one magic attack.

I would rather have T4 vs shooting. Alot less will die that way. Hmmm I guess it does. Thats why the two units of 6 hounds are there. Didnt think to run them 1 wide tho. Thats a good idea.

I think it will be fun to play because I will have to stay on my toes because mistakes will cost me. I like the models so even if it did I would have a good looking army.

I have found models I love to use as dragon orges tho plus the s7 will be a big help.

I know my friend runs a vamp army with 5 wraiths too! The only thing I could do is bait them with hounds and keep the rest of my army from them untill I can kill his vamp lord.

Misfratz
10-02-2009, 22:40
Well thats its. The dragon orges, chariots and the two unit of eight hounds start on the table the rest will ambush.Re-read the ambush rules. You can't ambush with five units with only two non-ambushing units [that could have ambushed] starting on the table.

With seven units [inc. the Wargor] with the ambush rule you can ambush with three of them. Plus your general [the Wargor] has to start on the table in order to blow the horn and call the ambush.

Adam87
10-02-2009, 22:57
Khazrak special rules means any number of units get to set up in the ambush and he can set up too and still sound the horn. Plus any unit that ambushes within 12 of him can use his leadership.

Adam87
22-02-2009, 21:06
Been working out a new list looks like this.

Morghur.

378pts

Beast heard, 11 gors 12 ungors fc.

160pts

Beast heard, 11 gors 12 ungors fc.

160pts

130pts

130pts

130pts

130pts

5 Hounds

30pts

5 Hounds

30pts

5 Hounds

30pts

5 Hounds

30pts

5 Hounds

30pts

304pts

304pts

Plan is simple I have Morghur on one flank with all the hounds making spawn and being a real pain. Both beast heards will ambush to get round the back of units whilst the chariots and dragon orges hit the front. Been thinking about droping one unit of dragon orges for two level two shamans but not sure they would get alot of magic off plus dont have anywhere to put them. So what do you think?

popisdead
17-03-2009, 22:45

how so???

4 khorne chariots is awesome in a beasts list.

and gunlines are lame "I can't play so I need to resort to 40k tactics"

WhiteKnight
18-03-2009, 14:34
Well from my experience, gunlines are what kill my chariots, but thats just me.

Well the new list is pretty, how can I put this subtle but true, semi-douchebaggish? Morghur is the cheese that BoC have and having lots of hounds means that almost all of the time, you'll be making those hounds into spawns. You turn a 6 point model into a 60 point model!