PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Ogres, a little different

Domoto
10-02-2009, 14:39
So seeing as how the new thing in the Ogre Community is the paradigm shift way of thinking I decided too try and make a list that way myself and here is what I came up with, tell me what you think

HEROES/LORDS

Tyrant
Siegebreaker
Greedyfist
Fistful Of Laurels
2x Gnoblar Thiefstone
2x Sword Gnoblars
1x Luck Gnoblar

Bruiser
The Tenderiser
2x Sword Gnoblars

Bruiser
BSB, Warbanner
2x Sword Gnoblars
Lookout Gnoblar

Hunter
2x Sabretusks
Longstrider

CORE

3x Bulls

3x Bulls

3x Ironguts
Bellower

3x Ironguts
Bellower

3x Ironguts
Bellower

20x Gnoblar Fighters

8x Gnoblar Trappers

SPECIAL

2x Leadbelchers
Bellower

2x Leadbelchers
Bellower

RARE

3x Maneaters
3x Cathayan Longsword

Gorger

So that's it, the tyrant and 2 bruisers will go with the maneaters making a ITP Stubborn deathstar, I will run the leadbelchers on opposite sides of them, the 2 units of bulls are for bait and flee, the fighters are there since I had 40 points too spend, but in case I go up against a gunline I will employ my line them twenty across most of my units so first couple of rounds they are really meatshield, I might move slower but the look on the opponents face is priceless ( I was also thinking of dropping one unit of bulls and the luck gnoblar and making the leadbelchers units of 3, comments?)

mightygnoblar
10-02-2009, 20:52
id be tempted to drop the hunter, hes no really adding anything to he list, same as the gorger.

with the points get more units of 3 bulls and/or ironguts, or another unit of two leadbelchers

i ive found a good bit of kit for character (usually a brusier) is the mastodon armour, with this he can go on a one man war machine hunt with very little chance of being killed

Domoto
12-02-2009, 20:35
Ive reworked the list, Ive dropped the gnoblar fighters given the bulls bellowers and the hunter a 5+ ward, I like the hunter and I have seen him do great things with a list like this, and the hero setups I have are because they are all gonna be in a DEATHSTAR unit all together all the time unless something weird arises

HEROES/LORDS

Tyrant
Siegebreaker
Greedyfist
Fistful Of Laurels
2x Gnoblar Thiefstone
2x Sword Gnoblars
1x Luck Gnoblar

Bruiser
The Tenderiser
2x Sword Gnoblars

Bruiser
BSB, Warbanner
2x Sword Gnoblars
Lookout Gnoblar

Hunter
2x Sabretusks
Wyrdstone Necklace
Longstrider

CORE

3x Bulls
Bellower

3x Bulls
Bellower

3x Ironguts
Bellower

3x Ironguts
Bellower

3x Ironguts
Bellower

8x Gnoblar Trappers

SPECIAL

2x Leadbelchers
Bellower

2x Leadbelchers
Bellower

RARE

3x Maneaters
3x Cathayan Longsword

Gorger

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
12-02-2009, 20:52
It's a good list, although I don't really rate hunters. If you didn't have that maneater unit I wud definitely suggest you get an other gorger, they've saved my ass one more than one occasion. Good to see someone with a greedy fist, its an amazing item, however, its rather pointless taking that item with only a 5+ armour save ( 6+ from light armour + 1 for the 6+ save from greedy fist) bearing in mind it is far easier to get stuck in a challenge against an enemies fighty character than it is with a wizard. I suggest you give him a wyrdstone necklace, the 5+ ward save can really help out, especially with greedy fist. If you drop the hunter you could replace him with a butcher and give him 2 dispel scrolls to get your magic defence up, thats 3 dispel dice and two automatic dispels, I think thats better than 2 dispel dice and magic resistance (2) on one unit. You'd also probably save some points in doing this. If you get enough points throw in a unit or two of gnoblar fighters and sit them in the corners of your deployment zone. Unless your fighting soomeone like empire, it's not worth charging in the gnoblars as th three points of combat res for ranks is quickly lost by the number of wounds caused by the enemy. Instead, just leave one in each of your original board quaters as they can contest and allow your ogres to advance forward without leaving empty board quarters for the enemy to take, plus, a unit of 20 only costs 40 points. Hope this helps.

jigplums
12-02-2009, 21:05
ive got to ask whats the deathstar?

SevenSins
12-02-2009, 21:11
Its a heavy unit with lots of characters, basicly a unit that if allowed to run free can smash half your army.

The plan for this one I'm afraid ain't the best, with only 3 rank and file the tyrant and bruisers can be targeted so if facing anything with a cannon for instance....

like nattymackfatty said scroll caddy might be better anti magic, but thats a lot of points for a caddy

I respect your attempt to think outside the box, but OK are more reliable as MSU than as deathstar build. I'm also a fan of the hunter, and mine always perform well (you might as well take another unit of trappers since you have him)

jigplums
12-02-2009, 21:22
i thought as much. He does have a look out gnobblar for look out sir.

SevenSins
13-02-2009, 20:49
i thought as much. He does have a look out gnobblar for look out sir.

oh didn't see the lookout (he!)
still fragile for a deathstar though..