PDA

View Full Version : Skirmishers vs Shooting.

punkoteloco
10-02-2009, 15:29
The other day i was reading a FAQ and it said that shooting at skirmishers units composed of Unit strenght 1 miniatures suffer -1 to hit. That means that shooting at pegasus knights, jezzails and ratling guns do not have the penalty?

Bac5665
10-02-2009, 15:50
Aren't Ratling Guns US1? I thought they were.

But correct, pegasus knights, jezzails, terradons, none of these things give the -1 for shooting at skirmishers.

Griefbringer
10-02-2009, 15:50
This is correct.

The wording on page 28 of the BRB seems pretty clear to me as it is.

punkoteloco
10-02-2009, 15:55
Thanks a lot. Now i can cry as i see my jezzail going down due to enemy fire.

sulla
10-02-2009, 20:41
Well, they should be at long range and skirmishing as well as hidding behind their pavises so they won't be the most vulnerable skirmishers out there...

Necromancy Black
10-02-2009, 23:02
I'm sorry but your jezzail's deserve to die :p

Just try not to get Doom and Darkness cast onto them.

punkoteloco
11-02-2009, 00:22
Why everyone hates my jezzails????
Dont worry mate, i get that feeling from my oponents

Necromancy Black
11-02-2009, 00:31
What are they, S6 with armour peircing? They usually have something like a 50-30% to hit and a 2.77777% chance of blowing themselves up.

They hurt so damn much. Anything with a 3+ or worse armour save get's negated and they wound most things on a 2+, maybe 3+.

I'd be happier if they had an 8.3% chance of blowing themselves up (a 1 followed by a 1-3). As it is they need either a S drop or a price uptake IMO.

Thank god they're LD 4. Doom and Darkness followed by Wind of Death usually takes them out of the game for good.

nosferatu1001
11-02-2009, 12:37
Ld5 rats :D and normally bunkered near my lord.....

They are expensive, for 100 points you can, on average, take 2 wounds off a giant. If theyre lucky they may take 3.

Saying that i normally have 10 of the blighters, putting them in buildings is even more fun :D

Greyfire
11-02-2009, 12:53
Moving back to the original question, can anyone reconcile that "unit strength 1" with the new Lizardmen's book special character <groan> Tiktaq'To </groan>? He can only join a unit of terradons, and his Mask of Heavens grants him or the unit he is with "an additional -1 to hit".

We've been perplexed by that and it's got my group thinking that Pegasus Knights and Terradons should be -1 to shoot at. Otherwise what "additional" modifiers are they talking about?

slasher
11-02-2009, 13:02
All the other modifiers to normal shooting ie long range, mulit-shot, moving befor firing - I think there are a few more as well

punkoteloco
11-02-2009, 13:09
Well at least the pegasus knight im gonna play next week wont get the -1. And about jezzails, i know they hurt a lot. So not getting the -1 its fair. And the pavise will help.

nosferatu1001
11-02-2009, 13:22
Moving back to the original question, can anyone reconcile that "unit strength 1" with the new Lizardmen's book special character <groan> Tiktaq'To </groan>? He can only join a unit of terradons, and his Mask of Heavens grants him or the unit he is with "an additional -1 to hit".

We've been perplexed by that and it's got my group thinking that Pegasus Knights and Terradons should be -1 to shoot at. Otherwise what "additional" modifiers are they talking about?

If they said "they are -1 to hit" this would override any other modifiers, e.g. from being in woods. they always put "additional" in there to make sure they allow for all other applicable modifiers to be applied first.

Necromancy Black
12-02-2009, 01:58

Like people said, soft cover, long range etc.

Pegasus Knights and the new Terradons most definitly do not get a -1 to hit from being skirmishers.

Greyfire
12-02-2009, 03:11
Thanks! That makes sense, and is much simpler than I was thinking. I always miss the obvious. (But I still groan thinking of that character name.)