PDA

View Full Version : Washington, PA

tacoo
11-02-2009, 01:39
I'm Not sure what forum to place this in, if its in the wrong forum please move it to the right one.

I was wondering if there were any WH40k players that lived near washington, PA. i was wondering because the closest FLGS is about a 30 min drive and it would be nice to play against some new people and not have to drive 30mins to do it. as i said this is a shout out if any1 lives in or near Washington, PA.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 01:56
Hey man! I live in Moundsville, WV... close to Wheeling. I drive past Washington all the time on my way to Morgantown. If you want to play sometime I would love to meet some more players, and I'm sure the other guy I play with would also. Please realize that we are very new to the game though, so you might haveta teach us a thing or two... or ten.

PM me if you interested in meeting up sometime. Glad to see there's people around my area that want to play without having to drive to Pittsburgh.

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:00
dont worry, my and my friends only been playing for like 2 months, so we still talk over the rules alot. were still on the issue if i can shoot his tyrant if its with guard and screened by guarnts, need to rereed line of sight. what army do you play?, with me and my friends, we get me, the necron player, then we got a tyrant player, a eldar player who just started, and a sm player.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:04
I am just now starting my army, literally just getting the first models ordered. I will be playing Chaos. My other friend that I play with has a Tau and Eldar army, though he is very new to the game (he had played a bit in fourth and then had to quit until now). So currently I play whichever of his armies he is not playing, until I get mine built up.

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:08
nice, i'm thinking about going chaos also, thousand sons based, and i mean extremely based, im thinking on buying only thousand sons and if i want havocs and the stuff, just attach there weapons to the thousand sons. and i know a good bit anout tau since i played a couple games with them so i might be able to help him if he needs it. you think you could come up this saturday, if so i think i know a place for us all go in play.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:11
This weekend being Valentines day and all means I can't really do much other than ... you know... cater to my fiances every whim. But next weekend I could definitely do that so long as I can borrow one of my buddies armies.

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:12
ok, you have any idea where the gaming dungeon is up there?

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:20
Yeah man I used to play Magic the Gathering up there every week. Anthony is a really nice guy, sold him my entire MtG collection when I quit.

So what time did you want to meet up there?

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:26
still have my cards from when i played. ubt ya up there on there wooden tables makes for a nice battle fieldl, we just gotta bring our own terrain. and theres no problem playing with proxy's, our eldar friend only has a squad of guardians so his army is usually all proxys, and i usually grab all the flying bases to represent destroyers. how does saturday after next (21st i believe) sound? i just have to make sure the place i work knows im gonna be busy that day next weak.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:34
Just got off the phone with my other friend and he said the 21st is good for him. We also tend to proxy things since we are learning and cant afford to go out and immediately buy all the things we want to try. Also, if you still have a deck of MtG cards I can bring up the one deck I kept. I wouldnt mind playing a game for old times sake.

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:39
ok. my magic deck is a good old saporling deck btw. anyways i gotta get off now, im still in school and we got day 3 of the PSSA's tomorrow

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:42
Alright then, well PM me a meeting time later this week! and good luck on that test.

Arcadian
11-02-2009, 02:54
Hey guys.. I'm a Morgantownie.. Used to make the Terrain at the Tomb back when it was open. I'm working a lot of shows this week and the next.. but I am also up for games or such if you're ever down in my neck of the woods..
Also trying to see if I cant arrange a small 'mini tourney'/gathering type thing this spring.. nailing down dates and locations atm, but it should be in the greater Morgantown area..

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:57
Hey Arcadian,
My fiance happens to live in Morgantown and I travel there fairly often. I am also hoping to get into Grad school at WVU, so I can definitely see some games happening in the future.:)

Arcadian
11-02-2009, 03:05
That would be cool.. I have a GreenWing DA army, A Eldar Army, and a small Tyranids clutch.. all of which would love to see some table time. I'm just getting back in m'self since Christmas.. still tracking down and dusting off some old stuff. Got the new rules edition though. Theres also some folks down here looking to put together a Blood Blown league as well.. and I'm slowly accumulating some Battlefleet Gothic..

So name yer poison.. but like I said, next few weeks are gonna be crazy.. with working concerts and shows and such.. life should be calming down by/towards the end of the month.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 03:48
That would be cool.. I have a GreenWing DA army, A Eldar Army, and a small Tyranids clutch.. all of which would love to see some table time. I'm just getting back in m'self since Christmas.. still tracking down and dusting off some old stuff. Got the new rules edition though. Theres also some folks down here looking to put together a Blood Blown league as well.. and I'm slowly accumulating some Battlefleet Gothic..

So name yer poison.. but like I said, next few weeks are gonna be crazy.. with working concerts and shows and such.. life should be calming down by/towards the end of the month.

Thats cool, I understand the busyness. I dont know anything about Blood Blown or Battlefleet Gothic. Right now, until I get a descent sized Chaos army up and running 40k will be my main focus, but in the future I might try and learn some of those other games.

tacoo
11-02-2009, 20:06
anyone else live near washington pa?

Silverbullet5774
12-02-2009, 19:04
Tacoo PM me with a meeting time please.