PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 01:42
Does anyone know of Dawn of War that doesnt play the warhammer 40k table top game?

Corrode
11-02-2009, 01:49
Pretty much every gamer-type I know plays or has played Dawn of War. Only two of them had actually played 40k, and both of them had quit by the time it came out.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 01:53
I played DoW before I ever played the TT game.

jason_sation
11-02-2009, 01:57
Although I knew about Warhammer 40k since I was a teen back in the 90's, Dawn of War kind of drew me into actually start buying the models and learning how to play. I actually think its a very good RTS game since that seems like a genre that's been done to death.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:01
Although I knew about Warhammer 40k since I was a teen back in the 90's, Dawn of War kind of drew me into actually start buying the models and learning how to play. I actually think its a very good RTS game since that seems like a genre that's been done to death.

I agree, I loved the style employed in DoW. It a shame that they decided to change it radically in DoW2... though some people do like it better.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 02:05
I agree, I loved the style employed in DoW. It a shame that they decided to change it radically in DoW2... though some people do like it better.

I think that as long as DoW2 has a good story line and i understand how to play i have no problem but i have heard that people have a problem with it becasue it is squad based and nids have NO squads just a big horde of some ugly %$% things that make Commisars want to **** there pants:D

The Orange
11-02-2009, 04:06
Does anyone know of Dawn of War that doesnt play the warhammer 40k table top game?

Yes their are plenty of those people, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't play 40k here though :p.

Also please try to clean up your posts, they are difficult to read. We appreciate proper grammar and punctuation here (and good spelling doesn't hurt either).

hawo0313
11-02-2009, 05:30
Yeah Heaps of people where I live play DoW but not the TT game but DoW is kind of an advertisement for the real thing now alot of them play the TT game and none of them play space marines???? probably havn't gone to games workshop then.

CrownAxe
11-02-2009, 05:59
i know a ton

mostly from buying from Steam

Askari
11-02-2009, 10:57
My uncle, all my flatmates [who now all except one play tabletop], countless other friends [a surprising amount of which also played Fire Warrior]

I had a dream about Dawn of War 2 last night even, sadly when I woke up I didn't have it *cries*

Fay_Redd
11-02-2009, 11:02
I know some people who actually stopped playing table-top because they like dawn of war so much. i thought they were quite retarded for this as the table-top is far more fun and entertaining.