PDA

View Full Version : Soul Drinkers

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 02:01
Now most of the info i get is form here, GW, and Lexicanum but as far as i know there is no Soul Drinkers army is that becasue they are tratiors to both the imperium (but not the Emperor) and the forces of chaos (keep it going Sarpedon) or is it because they are so few in number it would be hard to do

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:05
it would just be hard to make a new set of rules for just one chapter thats not even widly known. low members wouldnt be in issue since you rarly see anyone field a chapters worth of marines anyways. (i might get to see a chapters worth of space wolves soon tho!) the fact that there traitors to both dosnt matter. if they made rules for just them id think that it would be a chaos army with out any ability to get and daemons/ vechicles, but with really strong troops.

Corrode
11-02-2009, 02:05
Are you asking if anyone plays Soul Drinkers? I'm not entirely sure what your question is.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 02:08
Are you asking if anyone plays Soul Drinkers? I'm not entirely sure what your question is.

That is half of my Question the other half is there like a HQ for them becasue i have GWs website open right now and i cant find Sarpedon or anything

Corrode
11-02-2009, 02:09
There's probably someone out there who plays Soul Drinkers. They weren't a very prominent Chapter until the books were released, but it's likely that someone since then has decided they like them enough to field them.

As far as specific models being made for them, no. As I said, they're not very prominent, and they're just Marines who have an interesting story attached.

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:11
if you want a spardon figue, i would custom build my own. just buy a SM librarian and see if you can get some spyder model, and just cut off some spyder parts till you just have torso part with legs and then glue on the uper torso of the librarian, and just keep the staff unless you think you can make the spear. just keep in mind that one leg is cybernetic

Corrode
11-02-2009, 02:12
Seeing as Fantasy features Goblin Spider-Riders, it shouldn't be that hard to find a decent-looking spider model.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 02:16
if you want a spardon figue, i would custom build my own.

it would be nice though if there was a picture or anything becasue when it talks about his talons does it mean his fornt legs or does he have somthing else

tacoo
11-02-2009, 02:20
i think it means all of them as if they all had tallons in them, if not then you could just make the front two have talons and if it ever says if any other ones have talons, just build those in.

Inquisitor Engel
11-02-2009, 03:01
That is half of my Question the other half is there like a HQ for them becasue i have GWs website open right now and i cant find Sarpedon or anything

Honest question: Have you even looked at the Marine Codex?

GW's novels are an independent novel and the 40k Universe is very, very large. Just because something appears in a book doesn't mean it would even merit a MENTION in a Codex, let alone a special character or even a model.

Hell, there are characters in the SM Codex that don't have models at all.

Taking imagery and background like the Soul Drinkers and making them your own is part of the hobby.