PDA

View Full Version : Beregond???

RohanCaptain
11-02-2009, 02:54
what's going on guys,

quick question,

is it possible to still buy this miniature?? or can you use a captain and call him "Beregond with a minas tirith helmet??"

I can't seem to find it, and honestly, for the points it's awesome.

Pitalla Crimson
11-02-2009, 03:14
yes you can still get him, if it is difficult for you to find then get him on ebay or on the warstore or sumethin like that.

RohanCaptain
11-02-2009, 05:21
Thanks for the reply,

What's the warstore?? I've tried ebay, and haven't seen any up for sale

jaws900
11-02-2009, 08:26
Yes you can but you may have to order him. He is brill though having a long bow and Might will and fate all for 25 points. A perfect cheap hero.

Throngil
11-02-2009, 12:57
You can get him on e-bay etc if you are lucky, but you can't get him from Games Workshop stores anymore, well not in the UK anyway. Same applies for Elendil, Boromir with banner on foot. Probably best to look around online.

Baggers
11-02-2009, 13:05
I must admit that I am surprised that he has been withdrawn, considering he is a participant in the Pyre of Denethor scenario in the ROTK sourcebook. Personally, if you can't get the model and don't fancy converting one. Just write his name on the base of a Citadel guard model and let your opponent know who he is at the beginning of the game.

David.

Pitalla Crimson
11-02-2009, 21:02
hes not avalibable anymore?
Omg, I am sooo glad I have him =P he is a super cool char and mini.

Joewrightgm
11-02-2009, 23:33
Riders of the Dead are also no longer available, which is damned annoying

Sniper Kelly
11-02-2009, 23:34
Very hard to get hold of on Ebay at the moment - one went for 31 the other week. Mind you, people have been paying silly money lately. Plastic rangers have been going for 30+ each! Seriously, they were nicely painted, but not that nice!

Selorian
12-02-2009, 00:11
I just checked our trade list and he isn't on it. Looks like ebay is your best bet.

Pitalla Crimson
12-02-2009, 02:59
wait a minute.... Plastic rangers are also hard to get? omg this days are pretty crazy.
It used to be nice when GW had their bitz list of all the ranges avalibable, now its a very big pain in the butt and convertions are not going to be so common now.

Joewrightgm
12-02-2009, 03:38
I've got two pieces of intel for those interested:

1) I actually sent an e-mail to the GW customer service here in the states, and the rep wrote back saying that Riders of the Dead are currently out of print, and they have no idea if/when they will be returning.

2) My local GW crew whom I trust implicitly stated that alot of stuff is being pulled for repackaging. Not sure what that means, but I assume it simply means it will be "War of the Ring/ Lord of the Rings" dual branded on it.

destroyerlord
12-02-2009, 09:50
Gildor Inglorien was also out of production for about 12 months, but has now made a return to the online store. I'd love to hope that the same fate exists for Beregond, especially considering the quality of the sculpt, and the popularity of the character. (He plays a vital role in the books that was rather glossed over in the movies, and became one of Pippin and Faramir's best friends).
As well as all of that you consider his powerful profile (standfast with bodyguard for low points) and he really seems to be a must have for Gondor armies. It seems a shame that GW is loosing sales without him in production.

jaws900
12-02-2009, 09:59
Riders of the Dead are also no longer available, which is damned annoying

I never liked them much. Paying an extra 5 points for a +4 move. They always seemed over priced tio me. I stick to my 15 Men of the Dead army + the king.

Joewrightgm
12-02-2009, 13:23
I was thinking of them in terms of War of the Ring, in which they could have counted as Ghostly Riders in an Angmar Army.

I think they were a good addition to the Army of the Dead, actually making them fast. I saw an army with about 5 of them and they were really good at hunting down lone heroes and archers.

Nightsword
12-02-2009, 14:48
Don't know if this is of help to you. Be quick though:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOTR-Warhammer-Beregond-model_W0QQitemZ280311482252QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_T oys_Wargames_RL?hash=item280311482252&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Strip it and there you are ;)

destroyerlord
13-02-2009, 09:34
It seems strange that the Riders were discontinued too, they may not have been the most popular but they are relatively new models, and useful for WoTR (There a few of them ranked up in the big pellenor fields battle pic in this months WD).
And a wild warg is really just an orc that moves faster, but they seem much more popular.

Pitalla Crimson
13-02-2009, 15:46
wargs are orcs that move faster and have a little bit more strenght :p
Tought yeah, wargs are very popular.
This is not fair, beregond its a pretty cool guy. He should be made at least online store exclusive or soemthing.

GW has been messing up with their inventory for quiet sometime now, perhaps they are working on things in order to have them more organized?
and thus would explain why their website has been offline for months.

RohanCaptain
15-02-2009, 22:25
thanks for the responses :) I'm looking on ebay, let's see if I can snatch one. I think Beregord for his approx 25-30pts is kick azz. Not the strongest or toughest of heroes, but seriously, he's only a few more points than a warrior, and can take away the cavalry advantage on those knights.

RohanCaptain
15-02-2009, 22:27
I never liked them much. Paying an extra 5 points for a +4 move. They always seemed over priced tio me. I stick to my 15 Men of the Dead army + the king.

I heard the mold for the riders of the dead had broken, and that's why GW can't make them anymore.

I see your point on the 5 points, but these are riders who's horses can't be shot at from underneath, so you're getting a guaranteed (if you charge, of course) 2 attacks plus knock down against infantry, and they will get there :)

Joewrightgm
15-02-2009, 22:37
actually, the 5 pts only got you the 10 inch move, nothing else. Basically, they were infantry that could move faster.

So I pre-ordered some plastic army of the dead. All I need is a King of the Dead, and I'll have a 400pts Good SBG army.

RohanCaptain
16-02-2009, 05:19
So army of the dead riders don't get the mounted charge/bonus??

Joewrightgm
16-02-2009, 13:23
correct. Their main strength is being able to move about faster and isolate minis that should be 'safe' from the main line of conflict, or double up on the enemy from behind.

brain_dead_1st
16-02-2009, 14:48
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Painted-LOTR-Return-of-the-King-Beregond_W0QQitemZ300292105219QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item300292105219&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

current price about 15 i think

Ive seen a few go cheep but the real trick is when models go as part of a magazine bundle
"get issues 14-29 with models" they seem to sell around 20 for a stack of models and magazines, then you just stick the stuff you don't want back on ebay. Does anyone know what issue number he came with?

brain_dead_1st
16-02-2009, 14:50
ALso army of the dead riders are great at that get the objective, dig up an item and run home thing, because
1) they are not on cavalry so can move 3inch rather than 2.5 in difficult terrain, so if the objective is in somewhere hard to reach you don't care
2) They are not calvalry so can pick up the item without dismounting,
3) Those that don't get hte item are hard enough to continue into the enermy lines to stop them from stealing your item.

Pitalla Crimson
16-02-2009, 16:56
I heard the mold for the riders of the dead had broken, and that's why GW can't make them anymore.

I see your point on the 5 points, but these are riders who's horses can't be shot at from underneath, so you're getting a guaranteed (if you charge, of course) 2 attacks plus knock down against infantry, and they will get there :)

that is possible, it did happened o the 4rth position uruk wth 2 handed weapon.
Tought I heard it was damaged, not sure about broken tough.

Xarius
16-02-2009, 18:34
actually, the 5 pts only got you the 10 inch move, nothing else. Basically, they were infantry that could move faster.

So I pre-ordered some plastic army of the dead. All I need is a King of the Dead, and I'll have a 400pts Good SBG army.

where did you preorder from

Joewrightgm
16-02-2009, 23:59
I pre-ordered from my local GW store. They were also taking per-orders on the new book too. Not sure if that was a state side only thing or not.

Edit: Does the GW staff dip their hands in grease before they handle the molds? This must be the fifth or sixth time GW has had molds break on them.

I personally would like to see the Uruk with two-handed weapon for scout captains, and since the Riders of the Dead can be included in an Angmar War of the Ring list as Ghost Riders, I can't imagine them being out of production for much longer.

RohanCaptain
18-02-2009, 03:01
aight guys, there was a beregond going on ebay, but it sold for $27. That's a little too much for my skin.

which model do you guys think would be good to do a conversion?? and if I do a conversion, such as a citadel guard and change the arms or something, can I use it in a GT tourney??

Thanks for the help so far, GW shoudn't have discountinued the model.

Bento
18-02-2009, 07:23
To be honest, just use a Citadel Guard archer with a notably different paint scheme. If you can, maybe see if you can convert the one holding a spear straight up into holding a sword blade, but the way the cloak wraps I think it's unlikely.