PDA

View Full Version : wood elves, 2500pts.

Boss Zagstruk
11-02-2009, 10:40
Highborn with alter kindred, GW, LA, bow of loren, arcane bodkin, glamourweave and enchanted shield.

Noble with alter kindred, GW, LA, shield, helm of the hunt and hail of arrow doom.

Spellsinger with lvl 2, pageant shrikes and claaingors stave.

Spell singer with lvl 2 and divination orb.

10 glade guard with musician.

10 glade guard with musician.

6 glade riders with musician.

6 glade riders with musician.

10 dryads.

10 dryads.

4 warhawk riders.

4 treekin.

6 wildriders with FC and warbanner.

10 waywatchers.

Great eagle.

Total 2493.

What do you guys think?

The Red Scourge
11-02-2009, 11:36
If you take out two glade riders, then you can have 3 x 8 dryads (thats good!).

Otherwise the thing looks fast and deadly.

I doubt the C.Staff will help you much on a lvl. 2, and I'm not a fan of the Alter machine-gun lord, but these are more a matter of taste :)

RavenBloodwind
11-02-2009, 16:41
I agree with Sourge's comments about bumping up the dryad count.

Other issues:
Not a huge fan of the divination orb. Only helpful against lord-level casters and, frankly, you don't have enough defense to stop a determined magic phase anyway. I'd think about dropping it in favor of either a scroll or the deepwood sphere which can make a nasty surprise for your opponent.

Alternatively, dropping one of your spellsingers for a caster branchwraith with cluster is a point-efficient way to bump your magic defense and you get a semi-fight-worth character in the bargain.

The only other issue that's bothering me is the rather gargantuan unit of waywatchers. While scary and perhaps even effective, there's little the 10 will do that 6 couldn't do equally well. You will also find deploying 10 may be a bit of a headache in terms of keeping them out of view.