PDA

View Full Version : Daemon question

velkore1134
11-02-2009, 09:42
Hey crew, I got my girlfriend on 40k (don't ask how) she thought Daemons were cool so she bought some. My question is this: Are you supposed to paint icon, or marks or things like that specifically? If so, where could I find more information.
Thanks in advance

Fay_Redd
11-02-2009, 09:59
Don't quite get your question dude, are you asking does she need to paint the daemons the colours shown, if so. no no at-all. she can paint them anything she likes.

I did my Bloodletters more orange than red when i tried daemons.

hope i understood correctly.

reddster.

Azhrarn
11-02-2009, 10:01
Hey crew, I got my girlfriend on 40k (don't ask how) she thought Daemons were cool so she bought some. My question is this: Are you supposed to paint icon, or marks or things like that specifically? If so, where could I find more information.
Thanks in advance

Let her be creative, especially since with the denizens of the warp anything is possible. Let her do whatever she likes, it shouldn't be a problem.

velkore1134
11-02-2009, 10:14
Don't quite get your question dude, are you asking does she need to paint the daemons the colours shown, if so. no no at-all. she can paint them anything she likes.

I did my Bloodletters more orange than red when i tried daemons.

hope i understood correctly.

reddster.

I wasn't sure if you...say have a Daemon Prince, to show it's Nurgle, etc you need to paint his mark on it, if that makes any sense

Grimtuff
11-02-2009, 10:22
I wasn't sure if you...say have a Daemon Prince, to show it's Nurgle, etc you need to paint his mark on it, if that makes any sense

Well, yes. As using WYSIWYG is just nice to your opponent. ;)

Also, FWIW there's a Nurgle DP (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1670005&rootCatGameStyle=) fig anyway.

Necromancer2
11-02-2009, 12:09
If she is going to play in stores or in a tournament.. It might be a good idea... if it's just for fun... then no.

Azhrarn
11-02-2009, 12:45

Well nurge is something that tends to show up on the model (bloated and such) But it's not as clear-cut with say a prince of tzeentch, slaanesh or khorne. There are small touches you can do to the model to mark it as what you like without ever using the mark of the god.
(tzeentch will be mutation heavy, but not decaying like nurgle, Khorne will be very muscular and brutal looking while slaanesh would be studded with gems and fine silks/furs or be more hermaphroditic in appearance)
The marks as such become irrelevant.
If done well it's clear that a model belongs to a certain mark without ever using the symbol for it.

Oberon
11-02-2009, 12:49
Icons should be marked somehow, as it is a specific model that carries the icon, and it might get killed, plus some distances are measured from them. Marks should be able to guess from the paintwork at least, you know when you see a green daemon prince you could trust that it is a nurgle DP.

Forlorn
11-02-2009, 14:34
No. You don't NEED to paint his Mark of Chaos on him. Absolutely not. No where does it say you have to do that. She should tho, identify the model as having a specific Mark before the game begins or she could paint the model in the applicable colors normally associated with that mark. Khorne (Red) Tzneetch (Blue) Nurlge (Green) etc. But that is completely up to her.

Azhrarn's explanation hits the nail on the head perfectly.

Icons though should be clearly modeled as they represent the ability to Deepstrike in without having to deviate.

My 2 cents.