PDA

View Full Version : Ordo Xenos

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 12:51
Should the Be a army like the DH but instead of deamon killer, xeno killer?

Spacker
11-02-2009, 12:54
If you search for Ordo Xenos you'll find plenty of posts about these. Why start a new one?

And there is already an Ordo Xenos list, see Forge World's Imperial Armour Volume 4 - it's the Elysian D-99 which is an OX list and the campaign rules include the ability to take an OX Magos and his retinue.

Also search for Deathwatch - these are the Ordo Militant of the Ordo Xenos, being marines drawn from many chapters who are trained specifically in dealing with aliens.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 12:57
I know that if I looked hard enough i could find them but I live in a town where there is no GW so I have to order them and its hard for me to find anything but I will keep my eyes open

the1stpip
11-02-2009, 13:38
He means search this forum, as there have been lots of topics on Ordo Xenos.

pookie
11-02-2009, 16:50
I know that if I looked hard enough i could find them but I live in a town where there is no GW so I have to order them and its hard for me to find anything but I will keep my eyes open

or just have a SM Army considering they Kill, maim, burn all Xenos Filth.

AfroCelt
11-02-2009, 17:44
or just have a SM Army considering they Kill, maim, burn all Xenos Filth.

Mine is Codex: SM played with Sterngaurd (they have 90 percent of the rules the old killteam used to get) with squad sargeants, veterans and up with the special Deathwatch shoulderpad. Why not give it to everyone? because they're hugely expensive and I'd prefer more models :) .

Emperor's Avenger
11-02-2009, 17:47
GW originally intended to have three =I= codices, but for some reason they changed their minds and didn't write Alien Hunters.

Lord Damocles
11-02-2009, 17:51
Disregarding the fact that this has been argued to death and back...

Should the Be a army like the DH but instead of deamon killer, xeno killer?
Considering that the Deamon Hunters and the Hereticus elements of the Whitch Hunters codexes are practically the dictionary definition of 'fail' when it comes to list design and balance, I don't think that a stand alone Alien Hunters makes a great deal of sense (especially considering all of the lists which are in desperate need of an update as it is).

Updated Deathwatch rules would pretty much suffice (see that Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor? He's an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor he is).