PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt. Team Tourney WoC + DoC

Godswildcard
11-02-2009, 12:39
Entering a team tourney with my friend, who plays demons. 2000 pts/team, 1000 points/player. basic force org. must be met. Each team can swap out one of its heroes for a lord if you so choose.

We got together last night and came up with this:

Demons

Herald of Tzeentch w/ Hellfire banner
240 pts

Herald of Tzeentch
115 pts

14 x Horrors of Tzeentch w/ standard bearer, icon of change (iirc)
205pts

13 x Horrors of Tzeentch w/ standard bearer, icon of change
193 pts

4 x Screamers of Tzeentch
120 pts

4 x Screamers of Tzeentch
120 pts

Total: 993 pts

Warriors

Exalted hero w/ barded steed, chaos runesword, shield, Mark of Tzeentch (for fluff), bloodcurdling roar
211 pts

12 x Warriors of Chaos w/ Halberd, shield, champion
228 pts

12 x warriors of Chaos w/ Hand weapon, shield, champion
204 pts

5 x Knights of Chaos w/ lance, full command, Mark of Tzeentch, blasted standard

Total: 978

The idea here is that we anchor using the magic ability of the demons (2 x level 2 wizards, 2 x level 1 wizards (horrors) and the hellfire banner in the initial phases, once the horrors get into combat we have 2 more bound spells). The screamers go hunting for war machines and gun lines. Warriors hold the flanks with the knights being the hammer unit up the middle, screened by the horrors. Once the enemy gets close enough, the horrors reform, allowing the knights to charge, and then the horrors counter-charge supported by the warriors. My Exalted hero is meant to be a champion killer/ hero killer, but if I get into a fight with anything REALLY tough/hard, I'm in trouble.

The biggest catch is that we are going to be scored on fluff, and it makes up a significant portion of the tournament points possible. The army lists were chosen to represent the personal bodyguard of a Lord of Tzeentch, who is not pictured. (I actually have to write out a story for this guy to max out the number of 'fluff' points we can have!) So I have to keep the lists 'Tzeentchy', so no marks of khorne or others, and no 'soft' units, like mauraders. My lord of tzeentch surrounds himself with elite warriors and demons.

Thoughts?

Godswildcard
11-02-2009, 18:15
Anyone? Anyone? Bueler...Beuler...