PDA

View Full Version : LORD ZHUFOR'S helmet

Brother Constantine
11-02-2009, 14:47
I was looking at (and drooling over) the LORD ZHUFOR World Eaters Terminator figure from FW and I am having a hard time deciding if his helmet is:

a) Carved in the shape of a Daemon's face,
b) An actual Daemon possessing his helmet, or
c) representing his actual mouth poking out of the helmet.

I know his actual head does not look like a daemon, but I thought that maybe it was a possible variation for the character.

Personally I like the idea of LORD ZHUFOR'S helmet having an opening alowing for his Daemon like mouth to poke out and chomp people. :evilgrin:

Thoughts, comments?

Necrothrall
11-02-2009, 15:32
It looks like it could have originally been carved and has since warped into a fully functional pair of jaws.

Thanatos_elNyx
11-02-2009, 17:02
d) His head and helmet have merged into one?

Nero
11-02-2009, 17:21
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/wezhu.htm

For reference's sake. You can see him with and without helmet.

I don't see how those could be his real teeth. The berzerkers (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/worldeaters.htm) on the other hand...

My guess is prosthetic. Like all the spikes on Chaos armor, they're not really part of a daemon, they're just for decoration.

Ganymene
11-02-2009, 17:33
It's definitely carved into the shape of a demon face.

Why would anyone do that? Because it looks sweet.

It's too far forward to be his actual mouth.

It could be a demon possessing the helmet, but I doubt it. If he didn't want the demon in there, he would discard the helmet. If he did want it in there, it would possess the armor and/or his body as well.

Lord Damocles
11-02-2009, 17:53
More likely just fashioned in the form of a deamon face.

...it'd suck to get bound into someone's hat...

Hashshashin
11-02-2009, 18:13
It's warp tainted and has since taken on a mouth of it's own, but I don't think it's actually a daemon, but a daemon mouth...wait...does that even make sense???

Pacific
11-02-2009, 23:03
Strangely, I think you are more or less on the money there Hashshashin!

Near the eye of terror and the warp the rules of physical reality begin to break down. As the warp is a reflection of the emotions and thoughts of humankind, so to does the real universe start to reflect this. So, I think Zhufor's helmet has become a reflection of his personality, the metal warping in an expression of his inner rage and his commitment to Khorne.

chromedog
12-02-2009, 00:32
It's a manifestation of chaos' ability to warp the materiels of its followers.
Are Khorne Berzerker helmets made with bunny ears, or has the raw essence of chaos warped the armour itself into the shape of a rough icon of khorne?

6 of one, half-dozen of the other. After time, though, there becomes no difference between the armour and its wearer - the two fusing into the one. The armour wearing CSM DP being an example. That armour would have to be warp-altered for it to have expanded with him ( or else he'd be squished into so much red paste inside it) as I don't think CSM armour comes in S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL & Fethin' Ginormous sizes.

Brother Constantine
12-02-2009, 05:38
I agree that there is definatley chaos warpery at work on his helmet, and I like the thought of his helmet being a reflection of his personality...but can it bite people?
It is because of Chaos' ability to break down of reality that I believe the "mouth" is Lord ZHUFOR'S own. I think of it like him being altered when he places his helmet on, it warps him, and amplifies his rage. It is almost like he is a werewolf of sorts. Pretty cool imagry huh! Just think of him putting the helmet on and screaming in rage as his bones crack and realighn in his Khornate aspect!! :evilgrin: