PDA

View Full Version : "real life" Rhino...

reds8n
11-02-2009, 13:58
from THQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEU_201IfI)

Passes a fair few difficult terrain tests I guess.:D

RichBlake
11-02-2009, 14:00
Umm is that really news or rumours?

Lord Malorne
11-02-2009, 14:04
....Its too small/not big enough.

(I love THQ, they do some cool *****)

OutOfContext
11-02-2009, 14:05
It sure is cool though :D
Remember this being at UKGD. Didn't realise it moved though :eek:

Rabid Bunny 666
11-02-2009, 14:07
One of the coolest dreams.

If we have Rhinos now, imagine what we could develop in 38,000 more XD

Lord Inquisitor
11-02-2009, 14:08
I'd not seen it in action. Impressive!

Successfully made some difficult terrain tests there!

MistaGav
11-02-2009, 14:10
All we need now is some variants. Predator, razorback or even a Land Raider.

I admit it's proportions look a little off, for some reason it looks a little long.

Charax
11-02-2009, 14:16
Using a Rhino to promote a game that doesn't have the Rhino in it - Smart. Rather like promoting Jane Austin with images of tanks and explosions.

Also: Old news, isn't this the same one they (barely) brought to GDUK?

Sholto
11-02-2009, 14:17
Nice job, although running it through actual mud for weathering and ramming it into actual cars for battle damage is a little excessive. We have a little forum called MP&T these guys should take a look at ;)

Sholto

Bregalad
11-02-2009, 14:17
Already featured in several other threads, e.g. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158542 .Although haven't seen a movie until now.

swordwind
11-02-2009, 14:18
You still cant fit 10 marines inside it.

reds8n
11-02-2009, 14:20
Already featured in several other threads, e.g. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158542 .Although haven't seen a movie until now.

Yes, that's because the movie is new you see...:rolleyes::p

Lord Inquisitor
11-02-2009, 14:22
Using a Rhino to promote a game that doesn't have the Rhino in it
DOW II doesn't have Rhinos in it? Why not?

Charax
11-02-2009, 14:25
DOW II doesn't have Rhinos in it? Why not?

Beta certainly didn't - had a Razorback, and a Predator, and Drop Pods - no Rhino (would have been bloody useful if it was in there - transport vehicles are very useful).

I suppose there's a tiny chance they added it in the week or so between Beta release and the game going gold, or it's somewhere in the SP campaign, but either way it's an odd choice to base a piece of marketing on - generally you market games based on what's in them, not what isn't...

Corrode
11-02-2009, 14:27
Oh my god I want one.

Lord Malorne
11-02-2009, 14:30
Beta certainly didn't - had a Razorback, and a Predator, and Drop Pods - no Rhino (would have been bloody useful if it was in there - transport velhicles are very useful).

I suppose there's a tiny chance they added it in the week or so between Beta release and the game going gold, or it's somewhere in the SP campaign, but either way it's an odd choice to base a piece of marketing on - generally you market games based on what's in them, not what isn't...

The razoback did not transport :wtf:.

- Human
11-02-2009, 14:32
That is really damn cool. I can't believe people are whining about actual scale and how many marines could fit inside. Show me your truescale rhino, real-life or modelled, or quit whining.

xowainx
11-02-2009, 14:32
Using a Rhino to promote a game that doesn't have the Rhino in it - Smart. Rather like promoting Jane Austin with images of tanks and explosions.

Actually, it's nothing like that at all is it? Although a Rhino may or may not be a usable unit in the game, it is a one of the most common/instantly recogonisable vehicles to fans of the previous game or the Warhammer 40,000 universe in general, both of which will be the main part of the target audience for Dawn of War II, where as there won't be anything approaching a tank in anything related at all to a Jane Austin novel. Not a very "smart" comparison really.

Joshwa
11-02-2009, 14:33
I'm not going to be impressed until they build a storm bolter to put on top :p

laudarkul
11-02-2009, 14:35
Impressive and damn cool and...:)

Sholto
11-02-2009, 14:36
Rather like promoting Jane Austin with images of tanks and explosions. I dunno - they are about to do it with zombies. Tanks and explosions can't be far behind :D

Sholto

Charax
11-02-2009, 14:42
where as there won't be anything approaching a tank in anything related at all to a Jane Austin novel. Not a very "smart" comparison really.

You don't watch much Red Dwarf, do you?

Funny, I don't remember saying that - I said the Rhino wasn't in the game, and that Transport vehicles are useful

The Rhino is cheaper and more common than the Razorback. Ergo if rhinos were in the game they would be cheaper and more common than razorbacks.

As stated, Transport vehicles are very useful.

More transport vehicles is therefore an advantage. 10/10 for conclusion-jumping, though.

xowainx
11-02-2009, 14:47
You don't watch much Red Dwarf, do you?

At the risk of going hideously off-topic, I used to when I was about 15, but watching Back To Reality again the other day (an episode that I nearly choked to death from laughing so hard when watching the first time) confirmed my suspicions that it hasn't aged particularly well.

Steel_Legion
11-02-2009, 15:39
I want one!

Tinners
11-02-2009, 15:47
Apparently Space Marines hate Rovers. Who knew?

Marshal Augustine
11-02-2009, 15:53
that little vid was awesome, RAM!
Hahahahhaha

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
11-02-2009, 15:59
I don't know where all the hate is coming from, but that thing looks awesome in action. To heck with scale. It's amazing.

Shadowphrakt
11-02-2009, 16:09

Oh stop being a buzzkill and just injoy it for the crazy ***** that it is.

BDJV
11-02-2009, 16:49
This video gives some good insight into how to weather a Rhino, very kool.

TheMav80
11-02-2009, 17:38

The Razorback is a transport in DoW 2.

Da Black Gobbo
11-02-2009, 18:04
Damm! i knew that THQ was making a rhino but not a working one!! wow that's pretty awesome!

Bunnahabhain
11-02-2009, 18:16
Couldn't they have just stuck some sheets on the outside of a M113?

Try listening to the soundtrack, it sounds like it's powered by a 50cc 2-stroke engine.....

cuda1179
11-02-2009, 18:35
Guys, they did just pimp-out and old tank. I still have the pictures of them working on the thing. This IS an old military transport with a facelift. When it was in service it could carry 12 men, so I think 10 marines could fit inside it.

xerxeshavelock
11-02-2009, 18:36
I now have a big grin

Shangrila
11-02-2009, 18:38
Thats just a painting M113 APC.... The us army had them in the 70s and 80s till they replaced them with Bradleys and strikers. Israel still has them nothing new here.

Everything in 40k is a rip off of somthing else...

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
11-02-2009, 18:40
Thats just a painting M113 APC.... The us army had them in the 70s and 80s till they replaced them with Bradleys and strikers. Israel still has them nothing new here.

Oh, is that all? JUST a M113 APC? Where the heck is your Rhino? Or Predator? That thing is awesome, and the jaded Internet kid thing is getting old.

Pat
11-02-2009, 18:41
That is awesome!

Shangrila
11-02-2009, 18:47
Oh, is that all? JUST a M113 APC? Where the heck is your Rhino? Or Predator? ... .

Predator is a Bradley fighting vehicle,which you cant buy. But if i got a T55 from romania i could paint it up as a rogue trader era predator. right now though i am looking at getting a BMP which is 98% chimera.

That thing is awesome, and the jaded Internet kid thing is getting old.

Im a Pilot,hard to impress i suppose since I see alot of military hardware, hard to get excited over something as easy to do as that. If it was a land raider that'de be somthing.

jirgaS
11-02-2009, 18:55
I see alot of military hardware, so its hard to get excited over something as easy to do as that. If it was a land raider that'de be somthing.

god save us from miniature geeks in military.....

captainramoz
11-02-2009, 19:06
....Its too small/not big enough.

(I love THQ, they do some cool *****)
not big enough come on it's really good and big enough:mad:

Egfy
11-02-2009, 19:08

Its actually a British FV432 which, admittedly, is very similar to the M113 but also came in a predator (http://armyreco.ifrance.com/europe/angleterre/vehicules_legers/fv432_canon_30mm/fv432_canon30mm_2.jpg) variant.

dancingmonkey
11-02-2009, 19:09
I wish the driver had a SM helmet on though... can't be letting guard nick Rhinos since RT era.

It's a fun video, so just enjoy it folks...

Shangrila
11-02-2009, 19:14
Its actually a British FV432 which, admittedly, is very similar to the M113 but also came in a predator (http://armyreco.ifrance.com/europe/angleterre/vehicules_legers/fv432_canon_30mm/fv432_canon30mm_2.jpg) variant.

Learn something new everyday.I always thought the predator was a Space Bradley.

god save us from miniature geeks in military.....

To bad im a civilian Pilot, whos just got alot of money then huh?

Toe Cutter
11-02-2009, 19:17
Im a Pilot,hard to impress i suppose since I see alot of military hardware, hard to get excited over something as easy to do as that. If it was a land raider that'de be somthing.

Land Raider? Meh. Now a shokk attack gun. That would be impressive. :D

can't be letting guard nick Rhinos since RT era.

Couldn't agree more. Its just wrong and bad giving us guard access to your marine tech. Stealing of armour should of course be entirely a one way process in the other direction... ;)

So rhinos don't feature in dawn of war 2? Why did they get rid? They were certainly present in the original.

EDIT:

:) Can't decide whether the most appropriate term would be 'owned' or 'served' lol.

Note to self; bad troll! Bad!

Double EDIT: Strictly speaking it should be too bad by the way. You poor illiterate pilot you :p ;)

carldooley
11-02-2009, 19:22
you're all buzzkills, why doesn't someone just get one of those russian transports and convert it to a chimera, that way when the character actors want to dress up as IG, they can, though GW spoils it when they say that you cannot carry real weapons:D.

ahem - I meant the BMP-1

Daredhnu
11-02-2009, 20:01
i'm shocked so many of you are surprised at the complaining of some people.
obviously whenever somebody attempts to do anything and people on the internet get wind of it there will be those that find something to bitch about no matter how cool it is.

oh well maybe that's just the pessimist in me speaking though.

EDIT: oh yeah i thought it looked pretty cool by the way.

firestorm40k
11-02-2009, 20:04
My god, what looks good on the table top looks absolutely cr*p in real life! :p :D

richter
12-02-2009, 00:32
My god, what looks good on the table top looks absolutely cr*p in real life! :p :D

Then just imagine a ultra-smurf rhino...Worse, papa smurf's "bling" landraider:eek:....the humanity...

Seriously, that's one cool project, they should do more of this stuff. I wish I had a thing like that for a everyday ride.:cool:

Arakanis
12-02-2009, 00:48
*sigh* It honestly depresses me how many people are complaining about this. Did you spend money to see this? No, you did not. THQ went out of their way to make something cool and to let us fans enjoy the most iconic and awesome vehicle in 40k and you all whine that it's "not truescale" or "it sounds funny" or "you can see the driver."

Whatever. It's a frakkin' Rhino! AND IT'S CRUSHING CARS!!! Where is the bad, people? Seriously, I don't care how jaded you claim you are or how much of a troll you want to be because it doesn't perfectly match your vision of what it should be.

If you want better, then I challenge you to do it yourself, and on your own budget. Put your money where your mouth is, man up and show us all. If you can't do that, please sit down, and enjoy the pretty Rhino destruction rally.

Thanks,
Arakanis

LuckyKa
12-02-2009, 00:57
Cool, but not as cool as the life size Halo Warthog... that had a *working* chain gun.

The website showing how it was built was cool, nice use of a F432.

Arakanis
12-02-2009, 01:10
Cool, but not as cool as the life size Halo Warthog... that had a *working* chain gun.

The website showing how it was built was cool, nice use of a F432.

Yes, but can the Warthog crush cars? ;)

kaimarion
12-02-2009, 03:23
Did I ever tell you I love you???

I seen the rhino at GDUK but I wasn't really impressed by it but after seeing these videos I now like it a bit more :cool:.

Son of the Lion
12-02-2009, 07:27

Oh yes, bravo. Obnoxious bragging, always the way to win an internet argument and validate your opinion.

On a seperate note - For ****'s sake people, you're really not helping the whole whineseer image of this board. The Rhino thing is cool, it doesn't matter whether it's built from a military tank or stickyback plastic. It doesn't matter if it's accurately scaled, or that it may not be in the new game. THEY BUILT A WORKING REPLICA OF A TANK FROM A TABLETOP WARGAME AND USED IT TO CRUSH CARS. See? The concept is so awesome it jammed my caps lock key.

Toe Cutter
12-02-2009, 08:40
Well when it was in response to being described as a military geek I think its fair comment personally.

Whats with all the irate comments about people being less than awed by this rhino conversion? Calm down dear, its only the internet.

Hellebore
12-02-2009, 08:56
Oh yes, bravo. Obnoxious bragging, always the way to win an internet argument and validate your opinion.

On a seperate note - For ****'s sake people, you're really not helping the whole whineseer image of this board. The Rhino thing is cool, it doesn't matter whether it's built from a military tank or stickyback plastic. It doesn't matter if it's accurately scaled, or that it may not be in the new game. THEY BUILT A WORKING REPLICA OF A TANK FROM A TABLETOP WARGAME AND USED IT TO CRUSH CARS. See? The concept is so awesome it jammed my caps lock key.

But, but, the mud on it was totally the wrong colour. They didn't make Devlan Mud for kicks you know, all mud should be that colour. Sigh, just another thing to add to the list of failures this fully working simulacrum of a 40k tank has...

Hellebore

Son of the Lion
12-02-2009, 08:58
Toe Cutter - Oh hey, if you're not impressed, fair play. Don't post. It's the wearier than thou, 'seen it all before' jaded internet snobbery I'm sick of in these forums. And that's what I was having a pop at shangrila about, not just his immature response.

While we're on that, go back and read the posts again - how is saying you earn lots of money as a civilian pilot a relevant response to being accused of being a military geek? Really? It's not - it's just waving your internet phallus around. :P

Arakanis
12-02-2009, 09:06
While we're on that, go back and read the posts again - how is saying you earn lots of money as a civilian pilot a relevant response to being accused of being a military geek? Really? It's not - it's just waving your irrelevant internet phallus around. :P

Thought I'd fix that for ya. ;)

RevEv
12-02-2009, 09:13
I wish the driver had a SM helmet on though... can't be letting guard nick Rhinos since RT era.

It's a fun video, so just enjoy it folks...

That's actually the commander. The Driver is lower down behind the facia and probably can't see a thing.

Having ridden in 43 variants there is enough space for six in the back, eight at a push... but then we were not in power armour. Nowadays they are used as command vehicles, armoured ambulances, signals wagons and general purpose support to Warrior AFV battalions.

As for the Warrior - if anyone ever wants to make a Razorback then that's the vehicle for you. It can even take 10 in the back at a pinch (and it is very tight at that).

Toe Cutter
12-02-2009, 09:25
Toe Cutter - Oh hey, if you're not impressed, fair play. Don't post. It's the wearier than thou, 'seen it all before' jaded internet snobbery I'm sick of in these forums. And that's what I was having a pop at shangrila about, not just his immature response.

While we're on that, go back and read the posts again - how is saying you earn lots of money as a civilian pilot a relevant response to being accused of being a military geek? Really? It's not - it's just waving your internet phallus around. :P

:) in honesty I was quite impressed. While it may have been quite convoluted sarcasm (I'm English and therefore most of my humour is based around either self deprecation, surrealism or convoluted sarcasm) my statement about the shok attack gun was meant as a dig about the land raider comment and thus a statement that I was infact quite impressed with the rhino (told you it was convoluted). There are cheaper ways to recycle rovers though, seriously lads - carbon footprint and all that.

Well not wishing to become Shangrilas self appointed advocate but I believe that he was accused of being a military geek having made comments about not being that impressed by displays of replica armour etc etc. The acuser clearly felt he was blase about the armour because he was used to seeing it cos he was part of the military. Shangrilas point was that he was used to seeing armour not cos he's in the military but cos he's got the money to actually contemplate buying decommisioned tanks (I believe - this is the problem with self appointed advocates).

While I wont argue it does make him sound like a flash git, the statement does have relevancy.

I'm straying into pedantry here. No more comments from me :)

EDIT: @Hellebore:Couldn't agree more; how could they get the mud wrong. Basic error. How rude!

Burnthem
12-02-2009, 09:32
That's actually the commander. The Driver is lower down behind the facia and probably can't see a thing.

Sorry to call you on this but that is the driver with his head up, the commander would sit behind and slightly to the left hand side of the driver. I expect this is the knackered old 432 version and not an upgraded 'Bulldog', which are actually pretty good vehicles (from personal experience).

Chris_Lancaster
12-02-2009, 09:46
Random relevant link of how they made it (although it's in the video blurb :P)

http://www.thq-games.com/uk/features/show/6258

Lighten up, guys...

greenbull
12-02-2009, 13:12
Nice. Now start working on an actual size Baneblade!

23rd elysian
12-02-2009, 13:41
That is awsome enough said. I wonder how many of the neigh sayers would turn down a ride in it, especially if it involved crushing cars.

blackcherry
12-02-2009, 13:53
Wow, never would have guessed it would be practical after seeing it at the UKGD last year:D.

But then the shell is just a normal APC, just with welded, shaped plates over the top, so I have no idea why its shouldn't!

Joewrightgm
12-02-2009, 14:00
I'm sure this has been pointed out, but it looks like you still can't fit 10 marines in it.

I think this is a great thing, and just fun to see, and to see done.

Battle-Brother Wags
12-02-2009, 14:19
Well, at the risk of being called a killjoy, naysayer, whiner, or snob, I would like to point out that I was slightly disapointed at the tame way it which it went over those cars. I completely understand WHY they didn't jack into the cars at top speed straight on, namely because hey, this is all of a sudden not just a game and people could actually be hurt, but in that one shot where the Rhino is coming in from the background straight at the car, I was so ready for a huge hit and then he slowed down and turned a little so it wouldn't be a head on impact . . . darn practicality and safety getting in the way. Drat.

But all in all, a very cool project and I'm very appreciated to THQ for doing this and sharing it with all of us. Very cool, indeed.

Azzy
12-02-2009, 14:28
I'm sure this has been pointed out, but it looks like you still can't fit 10 marines in it.

So, in other words, it's just like the model. See... it's accurately scaled. :p ;)

Znail
12-02-2009, 14:56
Well, it looks enlarged compared to the original tank, so if you could fit 8 in that so should you be able to fit 10 comfortably in this one (asuming the extra bulk and height is made use of). Its more done on it then people seem to asume as well. The front and and rear plates has diffrent angles in addition to the tank being quite alot higher.

Shangrila
12-02-2009, 17:44

Dude, I was pointing out they didnt BUILD anything they bought a tank and painted it. So if i bought a BMP and drove it over an old car it'd be super awesome if it had the cadian gate on the side of the turret?

Why did ureil or jirgas have to say anything about me at all? .And I dont need to show off to the people on warseer; i was simply pointing out that they didnt do anything difficult. I dont recall a forum rule of "if you dont agree with the OP then dont post." Seriously.

And another thing, i didnt actually identify the tank as what it really was anyway.But it was correct not made into a personal attack.

RedSarge
12-02-2009, 17:58
Well... you could always build your own.

BTW @Shangrila - they built a structure over the tank, they did not JUST PAINT IT.

The amount of complaining is gonna get this thread closed..

Hestan-San
12-02-2009, 18:04
To be fair to THQ* they did a bit more than 'buy a tank and paint it'.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/2803260538_325f4c57f2_o.jpg

However, it is a fairly straightforward conversion that anyone with the time, money and some metalworking experience could achieve. Hat's off to them for actually doing it though, I personally think it's brilliant.

*I'm aware that THQ probably did nothing but finance the project, computer programmers rarely make good engineers :p

darker4308
13-02-2009, 15:02
you guys havn't seen the land raider .... someone made this to something like 1/4 scale using a CNC mill .... amazing ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HduCtmwak

olmsted
13-02-2009, 15:49
news to me! god i hope the military buys them. that would be so fricking cool

Toe Cutter
13-02-2009, 16:42
Most fancy land raider model (though fully functioning lasers capable of killing squirrels etc would have rounded it off perfectly). Truly the functioning shokk attack gun is a step closer.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
13-02-2009, 18:00
Dude, I was pointing out they didnt BUILD anything they bought a tank and painted it. So if i bought a BMP and drove it over an old car it'd be super awesome if it had the cadian gate on the side of the turret?

Actually yes, that would be pretty cool. :)

The idea that someone bothered to do this, regardless of potential scale issues, is very cool.

Azzy
13-02-2009, 18:16
Truly the functioning shokk attack gun is a step closer.

Working on it.... ;)

Chaplain Dionitas
13-02-2009, 18:54
Nice! Looks like an old M113 that they modded up

carldooley
13-02-2009, 19:31

I think this is a great thing, and just fun to see, and to see done.

in one of my favorite military scifi books, one of the most humorous scenes was when they stacked the Power suited infantry like sardines in their transports. I point this out so that people realize that you can do things with suits that you cannot do with unarmored infantry -
1. use rivers and water pipes to get to the action - submerged.
2. stack 'em up - where doing this with infantry will just give you a bunch of asphyxiated corpses, the power suits could keep their occupants relatively safe.
3. use em on deadly ground - the Andes, on everest, in toxic sludge, in vacuum, etc.

Shas'el Tur'in
13-02-2009, 20:00
3. use em on deadly ground - the Andes, on everest, in toxic sludge, in vacuum, etc.

Why would you by driving a Rhino in a vacuum? You're wierd. :p

Tinners
13-02-2009, 20:51
Nice! Looks like an old M113 that they modded up

Read the thread, its a British FV432, not an M113.

Well, at the risk of being called a killjoy, naysayer, whiner, or snob, I would like to point out that I was slightly disapointed at the tame way it which it went over those cars. I completely understand WHY they didn't jack into the cars at top speed straight on, namely because hey, this is all of a sudden not just a game and people could actually be hurt, but in that one shot where the Rhino is coming in from the background straight at the car, I was so ready for a huge hit and then he slowed down and turned a little so it wouldn't be a head on impact . . . darn practicality and safety getting in the way. Drat.

Probably to prevent any risk of throwing a track, or ripping the steel rhino plates off it.

Azzy
13-02-2009, 21:20
Why would you by driving a Rhino in a vacuum? You're wierd. :p

Hey, could be in a depressurized space hulk. ;)

Reflex
14-02-2009, 00:41
srsly.. who cares if its to small... its COOL!

I WANT ONE!

Good job THQ, im satisfied and say well done. i'll be buying DoW II now. your advertising campaign worked on me. :D

tuebor
14-02-2009, 01:02
Read the thread, its a British FV432, not an M113.

Meh, close enough.

Probably to prevent any risk of throwing a track, or ripping the steel rhino plates off it.

Very likely it. Changing track on an M113 sucks enough without having to actually buy the track.

darker4308
14-02-2009, 17:24
I actually used to have a laser at my last job capable of killing a squirriel. The land raider would need to be full size just to hold it.

Born Again
15-02-2009, 03:48
This is all kinds of awesome. A little small though, Marines would have to crouch real low to fit in there.

Tastyfish
15-02-2009, 11:16

Wow, the resembled is uncanny. I wonder if when designing the new rhino they went looking around for Rhino like tanks to base the new model off.

I'm really curious to see what they do with it now having seen the video, whether it will be just a promotional one or whether they'll give it back to the guys who made it. As I said in the older real rhino thread, and now with the driving over cars thing reminding me of what people said they did on them, the company that did the mods also has a side business in Tank based experienced days.

El'Flashman
15-02-2009, 12:11
This thing ought to be on Topgear!

Erazmus_M_Wattle
15-02-2009, 13:12
Umm is that really news or rumours?

How is it not news? Okay so its not news in the category of 'GW Bush enacting a coupe against Obama and then getting married to Tony Blair. Conquering all of the middle east and calling it George'n'Tonyland.' It s more like 'someones granny in Morcombe finding a potato that looks like Jesus' kind of feel good bulletin. But yes it is news. I thought it was cool in anycase.

kera_dahlin
15-02-2009, 20:29
When I first saw the rhino, I thought M113, although the rhino seems to be more like the good ol M4, easily modified into anything you need. I think I'm going to make my rhinos look like a little more like the sherman

Wiseman
17-02-2009, 12:08
Thats awesome, don't care how much or little work they had to do, still good to actually see a 40k tank in real life, as opposed to on the table.

kurac
17-02-2009, 12:32
I don't like it, it sucks, not to scale, the side door is blocked by the tracks from the inside, the back hatch threads are not the same, the paintjob is too opaque, the top hatch is not identical, it has no stormbolter, the car was not destroyed enough, the driver needs a closer shave, his wife is a ...

Sarcastic of course, i love it...WHINERS!!! FLAME ON!!! FOR THE EMPEROR!!! AND HIS ALL 10 STATS AND 0+/0++ SAVE!!!

Coasty
17-02-2009, 12:33
When I first saw the rhino, I thought M113, although the rhino seems to be more like the good ol M4, easily modified into anything you need. I think I'm going to make my rhinos look like a little more like the sherman

For that real Sherman experience, you need to get special dice made to use with them so that they never pass any saves.

nooobie 69
17-02-2009, 23:11
*note to people reading this post: This post may contain sarcasum and so if you quote anything in it it could mean something else. Thank you*

Looks alright but a fully fuctional drop pod would have been better. And if you wanted a bigger real life tan then just get a bigger tan to begin with :P (and add some guns!)

but yea i don't think 10 SPACE MARINES would fit inside of it but 10 guardsmen might with a squeeze

vampires are cool!
17-02-2009, 23:19
I dont give a crap about its capasity, imagine arriving at Morrisons in that! And if your in a crash - "*****, here come the rozzers! Fire the smoke launchers!"

azazel_fallenangel
18-02-2009, 15:18
Saw this at GD and didn't really pay it much attention, big cue to get near it etc...
but NOBODY TOLD ME IT BLEEDING WELL WORKED!!!
Would defiantly of gotten a closer look if I hadn't thought it was just a shell.
they could of driven it in during the Golden Daemon awards or something though, properly showed it off. It is a well worthy project and publicity stunt.
Kudos to the guys who created this, now, where do I get one?

Tinners
19-02-2009, 00:11
but yea i don't think 10 SPACE MARINES would fit inside of it but 10 guardsmen might with a squeeze

You can fit 10 fully equiped soldiers in an fv432 with ease, and those are just the seated ones, you could probably, with enough pushing, get at least 16 in. So 10 guardsmen would fit.

blameless
19-02-2009, 09:14
I actually used to have a laser at my last job capable of killing a squirriel. The land raider would need to be full size just to hold it.

I worked with very high powered lasers for a few years, the squirrel would have to hold still and be within 300mm to do damage... Could blind him real good though! :D

anyway!

Love the Rhino! totally want one! woot woot and such and such!

Mr Stu
19-02-2009, 12:39
That is possibly the coolest thing I have seen so far this year!

As for all the bitching about it not being to scale, couldn't fit 10 marines in etc; who cares? It works, it crushes cars, it motors along and it looks like damn good fun.

I fulfilled a lifelong ambition last year, I drove a Ferrari 355 on a test track. I got in and all of a sudden , my expectations were dashed. The gearbox was a clunky grabby mess, the seats were damn uncomftable and the foot pedals were too close together. In short, I was dissapointed by the mechanics and interior. However, the accelaration, noise and the look of the thing was incredible.

The point is that the Rhino THQ have put together is pointless fun, not designed to be exact and perfect in every detail. Much like the Ferrari, it wasn't as good as it is hyped to be, but still alot of fun.

Hestan-San
19-02-2009, 17:41
I hate to have to point this out again but....

This Rhino is built to human scale... it would be silly to build a bigger tank as we are not space marine sized. True Story.

warhammergrimace
21-02-2009, 20:44
FV432, ah, drove one of those in the army, along with an M109, which is similar to a Basilisk.

zedeyejoe
21-02-2009, 21:25
Yes, I used to drive an FV432 back in my youth (and a Chieftain tank) a lot of fun.

But I think the US M113 was a better 'real life' version of the Rhino.