Jungle swarm

4 terradons
7 cold one cav
7 cold one cav
5 chameleon skinks

3 razordons
Salamander

Total 2000, 5 DD and a scroll.

It has a lot of different elements to it so I can be very flexable in my tactics.

I ran a similar list with the last book and it did very well.

Thoughts?

Necromancer2
11-02-2009, 19:51
No Steg??? :O

Looks like a good solid list. You might have some trouble with the big nasty things out there. The only thing is I heard Salamanders were still better then razordons.

Malorian
11-02-2009, 19:55
Salamanders and razordons each have their uses.

The lone salamander is great for running up a flank and trying to panic a block across his line, and the razordons basically control what ever flank they want.

Go ahead... charge them ;)

blackjack
11-02-2009, 20:10
Why the lonely jungle swarm?

Instead of giving the Skink Chief feathers I would give him a teradon so he can join your exisiting teradon unit, that will give them some much needed punch. I belive the only way for a skink chief to join teradons is to ride one, simply haveing flight is not enough (please correct me if I am wrong here).

For a Skink Chief the fire fly frog poision might not be a bad buy. I would get him a spear over an extra hand weapon myself. With Feathers or a teradon you will be charging with him alot, also a blow pipe or the 3 shot magic short bow would give him a bit or ranged damage. How about a chief on a teradon with shield, lt armor, spear, fire fly poison and the magic short bow?

7 wide cold ones might be hard to manuver.

I prefer18 spear saurus, but I thought you wanted to experiment with MSU saurus. Maybe try 3x 12 and see how it goes.

In my play testing I am slowly comming to the conclusion that a slann and TG block is too big a point sink, May conisder what you are doing with the min anti magic approach, still worried that 5dd and a scroll is a bit light for a slow short range shooting force.

Malorian
11-02-2009, 20:24
The lone swarm is amazing. It's the cheapest throw-away unit the new LM can get. They can also be used to get hiding march blockers, and maybe even hold table quarters (not sure if they are US5 because of their wounds or if the BRB sets them at some other US).

The chief isn't meant to join the terradons. The terradons will most likely be hidding until they had something nice to fly over. The chief on the other hand will run up with a unit so it can charge warmachines on turn 2.

7 has worked well for me in the past. In most cases it's the most you can have fight against a block, and with US 14 they can put their fear causing to good use. Not to mention they can take more losses before they aren't useful.

I will try out MSU for sure, but this is something different.

Even with the cheaper slann you are absolutely right. It makes an already elite force even more elite and I'm starting to fell that with all the anti-magic coming out that it's better just to take cheap magic defense and stay combat heavy to be better off against most lists.

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
11-02-2009, 21:50
Having only recently gotten the army book, I have to say, I do like your list. I may very well have to steal it one of these days.;)

I'll agree with Blackjack, though, in that you really need more magic defence. The glory days of getting extra dispel dice from Tepok is over, sadly, and Lizardmen will need all the dispelling power they can get against Vampire Counts, Dark Elves, and the like.

The MSU Skinks are interesting, and definitely something we'll all have to experiment on. Maybe give one of your characters the War Drums to boost their rallying chances when they inevitably bait and flee?