PDA

View Full Version : Making a versatile Stegadon Model

dunagrad
11-02-2009, 20:15
The dwarf cannon/organ gun was nice because as long as you didn't glue one side of it, you could remove the cannon barrel and replace it with the organ gun. So you had two possible configurations for one model. Possibly saving yourself some money.

Now the stegadon has three basic configurations, and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make it interchangeable like the organ gun. I was thinking about possibly magnetizing the throne and EoTG, I even might be able to find magnets small enough for the skinks, but I am not sure about the blowpipes, or even if anything like that can work with the giant bow. Was wondering what ideas people may have. Eventually I would like to buy at least one more of the new models, but until then I'd like my one to be versatile.

StarFyreXXX
11-02-2009, 20:37
The engine part is easy....it fits right on top of the higher howdah...you don't HAVE to put the shields on the gaps on the side so that you can add/remove the engine whenever you want. Put a thin pin sticking out of the howdah and put a small hole in the bottom of engine ring. That will fit into the pin to hold it. That pin can also be used for a skink chief foot if you like.

For the blowpipes, put pins in the side things where the blowpipes or ornament banners go.. cut off the partial banners they have and glue them to the banners fully. A hole in the bottom of it can now be used to place the banners, or place the blowpipes.
WIth a pin or magnet at the base of the back, you can remove the half circle ornament thing the ancient stegadon has, and instead, place that stone looking riser to hold the ballista.

Regards,

Sanjay

Urgat
12-02-2009, 08:36
Yeah, pins. They're much better than any magnets if you ask me, they'll hold better, won't turn wildly in all directions if you place them well, etc.