PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!!! (Tzeench and slaanesh warriors 2000pts)

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
11-02-2009, 19:39
I got the warriors book a couple of weekends ago, and... so far I haven't done particuarly well with my Nurgle army (I think it's to many points on marks, not enough on troops) so, i've decided to go down the Tzeench wizardy route, but im unsure about my army list, i've got a few ideas knocking about my head, so here it is.:rolleyes:

Vilitch the curseling 395

Sorcerer
LvL 2
MoT
Skull of Katam 190

Sorcerer
LvL 2
MoT
Infernal Puppet 175

Sorcerer
LvL 2
MoT
Black tounge 190

19 marauders
full command
light armour
Shields
MoS 144

19 marauders
full command
light armour
Shields
MoS 144

Warshrine 130

15 warriors
MoT
15 shields
Full command
Blasted standard 330

5 knights
MoT
Full command 270

5 marauder horsemen
5 throwing axes
Musician 81

5 marauder horsemen
5 throwing axes
Musician 81 2000pts

Vilitch and Katam guy would go in the warriors unit with the two marauder units next to it so the wizards can be in range of the skull of Katam. Now, I've had a couple of other ideas and I'd like peoples opinions on them.
ALTERNATIVE IDEA 1:
Take the black tounge wizard out and replace him with Wulfrik. then replace one of the marauder units' shields with flails, this actually frees up 5 pts (Yay!!!) not that I can do much with that. It also means I can get a relatively decent unit and a decent character to appear on my enemies flank/rear from turn 1 onwards, But it does lower my casting dice by two (boo!!!)
ALTERNATIVE IDEA 2:
Mount the sorcerers on discs. This would make them very manouverable and could get them out of trouble, like being charged. It does make them more vunerable to shooting and magic and costs more points though. I'd also have to probably change vilitch to a lord on disc.

Whats your opinion because, in all honesty I'm not sure which direction to go in. Thank you for any opinions.:):)

akgaroth
11-02-2009, 20:25
I'd suggest you to go with the 2nd option keeping Vilitch (if you like the character). I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the black toungue (its quite expensive and gives 87 points to your opponent for using it). I'd suggest you to take Book of secrets +conjoined homunculus (risky but normally is quite useful) or the rod of torment (useful to kill infantry blocks or to obligate your opponent to use his DD). I think the rest of your army is ok, but you should consider the idea of taking some GW or monstuous unit to deal with unts with high resistance and/or good armour.
I hope I was of any help.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
11-02-2009, 20:33
I'd suggest you to go with the 2nd option keeping Vilitch (if you like the character). I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the black toungue (its quite expensive and gives 87 points to your opponent for using it). I'd suggest you to take Book of secrets +conjoined homunculus (risky but normally is quite useful) or the rod of torment (useful to kill infantry blocks or to obligate your opponent to use his DD). I think the rest of your army is ok, but you should consider the idea of taking some GW or monstuous unit to deal with unts with high resistance and/or good armour.
I hope I was of any help.

hmmm...I suppose I do need some monster killy stuff. what wud u suggest as my army is fairly tight for points.

akgaroth
12-02-2009, 16:15
hmmm...I suppose I do need some monster killy stuff. what wud u suggest as my army is fairly tight for points.

Well, I didn't say it was a major problem (you could simply use a lot of infernal gateways, for example:evilgrin:). What you could do,for example, is to get a unit of 3 Dragon ogres with GW to replace your knights: they have the same speed, about the same amout attacks and have S7 and costs some points less. They're however more fragile against cannon shoots...
You could also give to one of your marauders unit GW: shields+LA are ok against other infantry, but they really need the extra strenght when they are charged from cavalry (and anyways they'll see their armour save nullified thanks to lances).

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
12-02-2009, 17:48
Wud Additional Hand weps work on the dragon ogres? its cheaper and although they are only strength 5 compared to strength 7 they have more attacks. Dragon ogres are a good idea, and I have to disagree with you saying dragon ogres are more vunerable to cannon shots. The bases are a little bit shorter so hitting the unit when its running up to you is minutely harder (Not that this will affect the game that much) and, even if a dragon ogre is hit, it has 4 wounds, meaning normal cannons cannot kill it in one shot and empire cannons are only at a 50/50 chance of killing one. any way, that's beside the point, I think that dragon ogres are quite a good idea Thnx. also, if i do the wulfrik idea, i'd probably take the musician off one of the marauder units and take off their light armour and shields and replace it with MoK and great weapons.