PDA

View Full Version : Which comes first?

redben
11-02-2009, 23:23
I've gone through to rulebook to nail down a timing sequence in the movement but there's one area I'm still a little unclear on.

Are psychology tests taken before or after rally tests? The order they are done in can make a big difference. A fleeing model may be within 6" of a Terror causing model or be subject to Stupidity. If they rally after the psychology tests are taken then they won't have to test.

Nurgling Chieftain
11-02-2009, 23:57
My understanding is that terror and stupidity checks are taken WELL before any rally tests; terror and stupidity are taken at the beginning of your turn, while rally checks are, IIRC, taken in the compulsory movement phase, after declaring charges. The idea being, you don't know when you declare charges where your broken units are going to end up! ...I'm just going off of memory, though, so maybe I'm wrong...

redben
12-02-2009, 00:07
Having reconsulted the rulebook I believe you are correct.

Neckutter
12-02-2009, 00:24
terror and stupidity is at the start of turn, where rallying is after charge declarations, so i dont see the problem here. nurgling has it correct.

Asmodiseus
12-02-2009, 04:46
The order goes:

Start of Turn Phase(Terror, stupidity, animosity, etc)
Declare Charges Phase
Rally Phase
Compulsory Movement Phase
Move chargers Phase
Remaining Moves Phase

So indeed Nurgling has it correct, although Rallys are their own phase not part of compulsory movement.

Arnizipal
12-02-2009, 10:58
I'm just musing here but wouldn't that mean that units fleeing due to terror can be rallied later in the same turn?

redben
12-02-2009, 11:11
No because you can't rally troops that began fleeing earlier in the same turn. Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Neckutter
12-02-2009, 11:11
im pretty sure the rulebook says that if you werent fleeing before the beginning of the player turn, then you cant normally rally this turn. anyways, something along those lines.