Spearmen - 20, full command

Swordmasters - 20, full command
White Lions - 20, full command

3 Repeater Bolt Throwers

Total: 2250

Lafkak
12-02-2009, 03:59
Interesting list. It seems like you have a lot of magic, but are still investing a ton on magic defense (Sigil, 2 scrolls). I'd consider dropping the Sigil and popping the ever-delicious Ring of Fury (this may require some equipment swapping on the mages, I can't quite recall).

I don't have any experience with the Gem of Sunfire. I imagine it would be DEVASTATING on a Dragon Mage, but a basic L2 with Lore of Fire? You'd almost be better off slapping two power stones on him and calling it a day.

For 2k I only run 4 levels of magic and find it very effective if used in combination with bound items, Jewel, and the ubiquitous Banner of Sorcery. Speaking of which, with the power of the Archmage and more spells (possibly from a different lore) with a 2nd L2, I think you'd be much better off dropping the 3rd mage (whichever one) and popping the Banner of Sorcery on either the WL or the SM (probably SM, for fluff reasons).

Likewise, I think it would be good to pop the Lion Standard on the WL (fluffy AND good, stubborn troops that fail due to Psychology make me cry). You definitely have points for this if you dropped one of the Mages.

With only a L4 and a L2, you still have 8 + 1 (Jewel) + D3 (Banner) + 1 (equivalent, from Ring of Fury) power dice. So, essentially 11-13 worth of power dice per turn. I believe that's MORE than enough, unless you really need 3 different lores on the table (You don't).

I really like High Elf armies with a lot of infantry, so that's why I'm giving this a lot of attention: I run 2x20 spears and 20 SM, so you've outdone me even :) I think it could work, but right now you're relying too heavily on magic and those 3x RBT (not that they aren't awesome) to keep you from getting flanked. Right now, cavalry, fliers, and/or skirmishers might ruin your day bigtime.

I'm not sure where the points may come from, but I'd consider investing in a unit of cavalry to serve as the hammer for your spearmen/WL anvils (SM are their own hammers!). DP are always very good, but honestly HE infantry are usually fighty enough that a supporting charge of Silver Helms on the flanks/rear will do the trick. Either you get some cavalry to serve as hammers, or I would suggest a small unit of Shadow Warriors or an Eagle or two for marchblocking purposes.

There, there's a whole heap of suggestions. Take 'em or leave 'em, I know you probably won't be able to fit all of them at once. I say definitely drop one mage and add the banner of sorcery. If you're going to kill them with magic/shooting, add marchblockers. If you're going to kill them with CR, add flankers. Up to you :)

WhiteKnight
12-02-2009, 14:34
I think I'll drop the mage and grab a unit of 5 naked silver helms, equipment is just what they have. Thats Like 105, then with the 50 points left over, I can add the Banner of Sorcery and still be exactly 2250. So this would be the new list.

Archmage - level 4, ring of fury, loremasters's cloak, dispel scroll
Mage - lv 2, jewel of the dusk, dispel scroll
Korhil (general)

White Lions - 20, full command, banner of sorcery
Silver Helms - 5

3 Repeater Bolt Throwers

Gramolarian
12-02-2009, 18:23
if you wanna do magic heavy list you need 3 mages OR Teclis. IŽd say that drop all unit to max 15 models. well prehaps spearmen could be on 20 but that is quite costly. swordmasters are best kept at 2 units of 7 and then unit of phoenix guard and unit of white lions. silverhelms are waste of points, take dragon princes or lion chariot if you want to have heavy hitters. Also in my consideration 3 bolters are way over do. 2 is efficent still usefull and one is enough in like 65% of games. 3 takes too much points out of the more important parts. also you might consider going with just one block of spears and one small unit of archers. Caradryan is way more resilent general due the 4+ wardsave and fear.

D.E.E. Tom
12-02-2009, 21:59
I think I'll drop the mage and grab a unit of 5 naked silver helms, equipment is just what they have. Thats Like 105, then with the 50 points left over, I can add the Banner of Sorcery and still be exactly 2250. So this would be the new list.

Korhil (general)

Silver Helms - 5

3 Repeater Bolt Throwers

I like this list and it will be effective once you swap one bolt thrower for 2 eagles. The eagles are good warmachine hunters and can easily expose flanks of ol' frenzied units or other units that have to charge them when in range. Not to mention the march blocking that these things can do on yourenemies flanks giving you more time to take your opponents flankers out. Believe me when I say eagles for the win

WhiteKnight
16-02-2009, 00:06
Okay. So I'll fix those and then try it out as soon as i can.

Korhil (general)

Silver Helms - 5

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers
2 Eagles