PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who use Gale Force Nine acessories

loco_smoko
12-02-2009, 02:54
Hi All

Looks like Gale Force Nine might now be flying the New Zealand Flag in the future.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2009/02/11/23234

Or for those who don't want a new window/tab:

Gale Force 9 have announced that they have agreed to a purchase deal which sees the company become a subsidiary of Battlefront, the manufacturer of the Flames of War miniature range and game.

From their announcement:

Battlefront Miniatures Ltd of Auckland, New Zealand is pleased to announce that we have purchased Gale Force Nine, LLC.

John Kovaleski, CEO/Founder of Gale Force Nine writes “We at Gale Force Nine (GF9) are very excited about the new opportunities that this partnership represents. By becoming part of the Battlefront Family, GF9 will have access to new distribution channels, production capabilities and R&D resources years ahead of what we might be able to do on our own. We look forward to continuing our rapid growth in our role as the premier gaming accessory developer and manufacture for the hobby game industry.”

“I could not be happier that John and his team have joined with ours and I know that despite the obvious business advantages combining the two groups of dedicated hobby enthusiasts gives us both an added boost to allow us to achieve even greater things. The two operations will see little initial impact in the short term, as we already have our supply chains linked in Europe and Australasia. As new projects and future plans come on line, the two operations we will be making some changes to adapt to the expanded business model,” says John-Paul Brisigotti, Managing Director of Battlefront Miniatures.

Gale Force Nine will continue making all the great products which the world has come to know. We also have a lot of exciting new projects which will be announced soon.

Totally Awesome.
Great to se a kiwi company making waves.
I've used some of their stuff for 40K and it works a treat.

Cheers

Jerry

GodofWarTx
12-02-2009, 03:06
but this might mean they wont be able to make anything more that would be directly for 40k.

JLBeady
12-02-2009, 03:25
The consensus of the comments on BoLS is that this will mean the end of the GW orientated accessories made by GF9 given that Battlefront and FoW are competitors of GW.

Then again, if that is where the money is why not make money off of it. This maybe just a move by Battlefront to diversify.

starlight
12-02-2009, 03:38
*adopts wait-and-see attitude*

Could be good, could be not-so-good...

NealSmith
12-02-2009, 04:35
There is no reason why GF9 should stop making stuff for "generic" games. BF and GW are NOT direct competitors. GF9 is only a subsidiary and is still technically a separate company.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there is closer relationship between BF and GW than already appears anyway... :)

Occulto
12-02-2009, 04:49
The consensus of the comments on BoLS is that this will mean the end of the GW orientated accessories made by GF9 given that Battlefront and FoW are competitors of GW.

Seems a bit paranoid really - after all, GW players represent a lot of customers.

Then again, if that is where the money is why not make money off of it. This maybe just a move by Battlefront to diversify.

Much more likely.

Nojvok
12-02-2009, 05:26
Hi Guys.

I have it from people close to source that GF9 will continue doing what they have always done: Produce the best gaming accessories possible from the best games in the world.

They will continue to support every great miniatures game that they currently support and will soon be announcing even more exciting new projects.

Make no mistake, the partnership of GF9 and BF will not only strengthen GF9, but make it better and more accessible around the world then ever before. :)

Ronin_eX
12-02-2009, 07:14
I think that only goes to show how people who deal with GW a lot tend to think of companies. I can't see BF limiting what GF9 does because, to put it bluntly, they aren't run by a load of paranoid loonies who can't acknowledge a hobby outside of themselves. Hell BF make WWII minis in 15mm which means many will likely use a different rule set than FoW for it, but I doubt they lose much sleep over it.

At the same time GF9 make a lot of nice stuff for a lot of games, taking that away would be shooting themselves in the foot. They'd lose 40k players, WM/H players and pretty much anything else besides FoW players. Litko would certainly love for that to happen being the other big counter/game aid producer wouldn't they.

Battlefront aren't likely to do this in order to lose GF9's market, just seems silly otherwise.

Nakor
12-02-2009, 08:39
go NZ. we are the shiz. but seriously this is good, probably means it will be easyer for me to get my GF9 supplies localy woop!