PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal?

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
12-02-2009, 05:16
So I unwrap my first $23 Ork Killa Kan, all excitedly. Then I make the sad discovery: there is no grotzooka. My entire mob was going to be armed with grotzookas. There's no reason to pay $23 for a bunch of models that I can't even arm how I want. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any plans to come out with some plastic Killa Kans? Or maybe some bits packs with grotzookas? If not, what are other Warbosses doing to create these weapons?

Rick Blaine
12-02-2009, 06:13
Just stick a pen cap on it.

mattschuur
12-02-2009, 06:31
I'm planning on making mine look like a Gatling gun using cut straws with fantasy goblin heads poking out. Really isn't hard as without a bit or model to base it on, it can be anything your mind can come up with, so long as its close to a gun. I've also heard someone say he wanted to model the Kans with a giant slingshot counting as a Grotzooka. Anything will work.

Note, Killa Kans have always come with a random weapon, but at least in the last couple of years they were blisters and you knew what was in the.

matt schuur

Grotsnik
12-02-2009, 06:32
there is no grotzooka

You have got to be kidding me. :rolleyes: You really expected that a 3r Ed metal model was going to have a weapon included that just came out in the new Ork Codex????:wtf:

Just use any hollow tube that you can put a flaired end on.
You iz a Ork player boyo, improvise! Thats why most of us play Orks, to build crazy stuff. :p

spacemonkey
12-02-2009, 06:35
This guy made his own resin cast in order to properly equip the Killa Kans he was building:
http://www.irondogstudios.com/images/scrapgun/mek_scrapgun.html

starlight
12-02-2009, 06:55
Now that is a sweet idea. :D

Even if I never us it, I might have to build one just for kicks. :D

Adeptus Mechanicus
12-02-2009, 07:49
Really like that resin one but I took a simpler more crude route to make mine. I used the Leadbelcher cannons from the Fantasy range and straped them to the kanz, looks like a proper blunderbuss. Still working on the barrel of scrap / ammo compartment of the gun. Some crude pics can be found in my plog if anyone is interested.