PDA

View Full Version : bloodcrusher wounds

Nuada
12-02-2009, 09:30
This is probably an obvious answer, but i've not got a Daemons book to check it.

I played against DoC yesterday. I successfully cast Foot of Gork against a unit of khrone bloodcrushers and inflicted 5 wounds. My opponent then told me that the bloodletter riders have 2 wounds and the juggernaughts have 1, so 3 wounds is needed to kill one model. I thought if the steed had one wound, then it counts as a cavalry model (the same as an empire knight for example)

He then told me the cavalry rule doesn't apply because the bloodcrushers are on monster bases. And he was 100% sure he was correct, so we played it if he had 3 wounds. Is that right?

Cambion Daystar
12-02-2009, 09:35
He is wrong. It only takes 2 wounds to kill one.
You were right

The Red Scourge
12-02-2009, 09:35
...Is that right?

Nope. It certainly is not, 1 wound mounts aren't separate monsters. They need 2+ wounds for that.

If they were, then you'd be able to take them out on their own and you could ask him how we would like if his fast unit of 'crushers suffered a wound from shooting and suddenly lost a whole lot of movement ;)

Neckutter
12-02-2009, 11:09
yep, your opponent cheated you, or doesnt know what he is saying. depending on the level of player it could go either way. juggernaughts are just normal steeds like any horse. granted, a horse that is made of bronze and fire, and has a bad temperment... but a horse nonetheless.

Asmodiseus
12-02-2009, 11:45
To be fair I was confused by this as well at first as I had it in my head that cavalry are on 25x50 bases, and just wasnt used to the whole 40mm cav base thing. Just tell him he is wrong and refer him to page 31.

On page 7 stupid GW defines Cavalry as having to be mounted on a 25x50 base so if he points this out then refer him to page 59 where it states that any mount with a wound characteristic of 1 is covered under the normal cav rules.

Neckutter
12-02-2009, 11:56
the WoC and daemon book says that all daemonic steeds are just regular mounts(even though they are on 50mm), so the DoC player should have known that.

Nuada
12-02-2009, 12:09
On page 7 stupid GW defines Cavalry as having to be mounted on a 25x50 base.

Yes, that's why i believed him, but it's already done now :D

The Red Scourge
12-02-2009, 13:49
Making mistakes is just a way of learning the game.

I've even had opponents wrongfully insist on their interpretation of a rule in my favor. The game has a lot of rules, and quite a number of exceptions to those rules, so you're bound to get some of them wrong once in a while.

If people make a habit of 'getting the rules wrong', it is just an extra reason to learn the rules better, and remind them to find the place in the rule book with the relevant rule :)

Remember, its a game for fun, not rules (GW are notoriously bad at making those) ;)