PDA

View Full Version : The difference between frugal and cheap?

Joewrightgm
13-02-2009, 00:18
So I noticed something, and you'd have thought I had this epiphany the second day I had my rule book.

White Hand Uruk-hai scouts have the same (roughly) equipment and exact same stats as Mordor Uruk-hai.

So, my question to the boards: if I showed up with the plastic uruk-hai scouts as appropriatly painted mordor Uruk-hai, would people cry foul on me, or deride me for not using the "real" models?

How does the board feel?

Pitalla Crimson
13-02-2009, 02:50
well, Ima would be ok.
As a matter of fact they should had done plastic mordor uruks instead of isenguard scouts wich are just mordor uruks but for the white hand wich is kinda lame cause they cant even have axes.

I dont think there will be gamerrage about this , after all this are crisis times and metal minis are kind of expensive right now.
Ima would prefer metal mordor uruks tought, those kickass.

Joewrightgm
13-02-2009, 02:56
I have the metal Uruks, and they are awesome models, and when the second blister comes out for war (which I have seen; they are AWESOME) I'll probably get some more for the sake of arguement.

jaws900
13-02-2009, 07:45
I would say as long as you tell them that they are mordor uruk-hai it's fine. The rangers placit set was supposed to be for rangers of Arnor but people use them for Gondor rangers too.

destroyerlord
13-02-2009, 09:04
The rangers set was specifically marketed as usable as both Gondor and Arnorian rangers. I don't think I've seen a single description of it anywhere that doesn't say they can be used as both. Besides, they are just plastic ports of the metals anyway.
I wouldn't have a problem with this, I've actually thought about how similar they are before, you just have to convert any 2-handed weapons you want.
GW doesn't distinguish between say, Mordor orcs and Isenguard orcs, so there is sort of another precedent there.

Cherubael
13-02-2009, 09:08
As long as you make it clear before the game what they are i cant see anyone having any problems with it. Its not like you want to use them as Gondorian Citadel guard afterall.

Joewrightgm
13-02-2009, 12:54
See, that is kind of the issue: Statwise, White Hand scouts and Mordor Uruks are the same statwise. The only thing Scouts can't have is a two-handed weapon, which i'm not a big fan of.

Pitalla Crimson
13-02-2009, 14:48
I have the metal Uruks, and they are awesome models, and when the second blister comes out for war (which I have seen; they are AWESOME) I'll probably get some more for the sake of arguement.

wawawawiwa! New mordor uruks? Pleaase show pics!
Is it a command? or just more posses?
btw Ima looking for mordor uruk-ai on ebay but I cant find :(

Joewrightgm
14-02-2009, 01:22
Yes, they are simply expanded set of metals to go with the current ones. Sorry no pics, I didn't have a camera, and it was something a blackshirt supposedly wasn't supposed to be showing me.

One is leaning forward agressivly, holding his sword up, another is stalking forward, his club in both hands, another is I think actively swinging the club, I can't remember at the moment.

Unfortunatly, I saw no 'command' style models. for mordor Uruks.