PDA

View Full Version : 2K What no Knights? The man's a fool...

Aethelred
13-02-2009, 10:50
Ok this is obviously a themed list but I'd like to get some wisdom to see if people think this list will be capable of surviving more than 3 turns outside a tournament environment (I don't mind if it only lasts three turns at a tourney!).

Exhalted - Mark of Khorne, Barded Steed, Collar of Khorne, Sword of Might, Favour of the Gods, Shield - 196

Exhalted - Battle Standard, Banner of the Gods, Fury of the Blood God, Halberd, Shield, Barded Steed - 305

Sorceror - Barded Steed, 2x Dispel Scroll

Marauders (23) HW, Shield, LA, Full command, Mark of Nurgle (BotG Exhalted goes here) - 188

Marauders (23) HW, Shield, LA, Full command, Mark of Slaanesh (Sorceror rides with these boys) - 168

Marauders (12) LA, Flails, Musician, Champ, Mark of Slaanesh - 94

Marauders (12) LA, Flails, Musician, Champ, Mark of Slaanesh - 94

Horsemen (9) LA, Flails, Musician, Standard, Mark of Khorne (Khornate Exhalted joins these) - 192

Horsemen (5) LA, Throwing Axes, Musician, Mark of Slaanesh - 96

Horsemen (5) LA, Throwing Axes, Musician, Mark of Slaanesh - 96

Hounds (5) - 30

Hounds (5) - 30

Hounds (5) - 30

Ogres (3) - Great weapons, Standard, Musician - 165

Ogres (3) - Great weapons, Standard, Musician - 165

Total points - 2000

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

D.E.E. Tom
13-02-2009, 11:22
Whohoo marauder army I love it!

Don't know anything about the mechanics of such an army though

Eta
13-02-2009, 16:03
Sadly, your exalted BSB cannot have the Fury of the Blood God and a magic banner, as the gift denies the use of any magical item whatsoever. Another point is, that your Khornate exalted may fall behind his horsemen because he has one inch less movement due to the barding of his steed. This event would only occur if the horsemen had to charge a target farther away than 14", of course. Other than that I would say give it a try. You have good numbers, some hard hitters and the stubborn marauders will provide a nice anchor for your army. Nice to see a none "standard" WOC list!

Greetings
Eta

Aethelred
18-02-2009, 16:02
Ah yes I'd sat for ages looking at the Banner / Fury combo thinking something wasn't right but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Anyway, I think dropping that and the light armour from the MoS Horsemen would buy me Chaos Armour for the Ogres, which would probably be a better bet to ensure my heavy hitters survive an extra round of shooting or magic missiles if necessary.

Neknoh
18-02-2009, 16:11
A few things that comes to mind:

1. Chaos Armour on the Ogres would be useful I reckon, you will want that 4+ against S3 shooting and even S3 enemies.

2. Lightarmour on the Flail Marauders seem relatively pointless, perhaps give it up and try to find the points for the Mark of Khorne instead of the Mark of Slaanesh?

3. Shields on your Flail Horsemen, again, armoursaves, 4+ beats 5+

EDIT: Yes, drop the Lightarmour from the Slaanesh Horsemen