PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn and Demons

Godswildcard
13-02-2009, 12:40
Ok, so I have a team tournament coming up. I am playing WoC, my friend is playing DoC. We are thinking of going mono-khorne, but not the issue at hand.

The 'Banner of the Gods' makes FRIENDLY units within 6" (see: Demons!) stubborn. Iirc, stubborn units always use their unmodified leadership value when taking break tests and the such. So you can see where this is going. Would this affect demonic instability? I.E., would the demons take the test based off their unmodified leadership value, no matter what?

Because if so....

Embalmed
13-02-2009, 12:54
Well yes, that is what happens. Elsewise the banner would be pretty useless ;)

Kalandros
13-02-2009, 21:25
Usually, in a team, things that affect "friendly units" only affect that player's units in the team, not both players on the same team.

Tae
13-02-2009, 21:41
I would check with the Tournament organisers as they will almost certainly have some kind of rules in place as to whether allied armies can 'borrow' effects from magic items etc. from each other.

But if you can, then yes the Daemons are stubborn.

havoc626
13-02-2009, 23:52
Simply judging from previous rules for team matches in rule books (eg, general compendium) the only models affected by magic items/ general's leadership is those from that army list, not the same team.

So Banner of the Gods wouldn't affect the daemons with these rules. Check with the supervisor though, as he may rule otherwise because of the wording of the item.

Sarah S
14-02-2009, 01:36
Pfft. If the Banner of Chaos Glory can affect ENEMY Daemon units thanks to the worlds stupidest FAQ answer(er?), you damn well better let all "friendly" effects work on all friendly models in team games.

Neckutter
14-02-2009, 03:17
havoc has it right. team tournaments are wonky and you need to talk to the person running the tournament.

my store is having one next saturday and it has some guidelines on what things work. the guidlines say that you bring 1,000 points, and anything that says "friendly units" will work for your partner. also your team will nominate one general out of your characters, and is only allowed to have one BSB per team. but then again, these are explicite, since he has a flier that says so.

sarah's point is valid, but she would have to bring it up with the tournament organizer. it might conflict with the tournament organizer's ideas of a balanced team.

and for those who care my teammate will be playing high elves, and i will be playing dark elves. oh the blasphemy!

Surgency
14-02-2009, 06:07
Thats not so bad. I'm headed up there to Neckutter, and I'll likely be playing Dwarves with a High Elf ally ;)

Neckutter
14-02-2009, 09:22
awesome. i cant wait to field my DE with my friends' HE army. its gonna be so awesomely bad to the fluff. :)

but yeah, next saturday(21st) at noon, so be there by 11:30 or so. should be a great time. i still have models to paint :(

Horus38
14-02-2009, 18:01
Pfft. If the Banner of Chaos Glory can affect ENEMY Daemon units thanks to the worlds stupidest FAQ answer(er?), you damn well better let all "friendly" effects work on all friendly models in team games.

WOW, I'll 2nd that being a retarded interpretation of the item.