PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen nusance tactics?

LordChaos76
13-02-2009, 16:52
Wondering what tactics I can use to annoy and yet chip away at an opponent.:confused:

So far I have Charge Interference by terradons and Skink Skirmishers.

Is it possible to make a nasty little list without using a Slann and Chakax thou Slann and Chakax are pretty damn awesome. :eek:

rythos42
13-02-2009, 18:35
I had fun yesterday screening my carnosaur with skink skirmishers. My opponent was trying to shoot them away...but 2 units of 12 can cover a large amount of frontage :).

I'm looking forward to finishing painting my slann, taking Lore of Death+Doom and Darkness and shooting my salamanders at things. But we'll see if that's just fun to giggle at, or actually a useful tactic :).

Dokushin
13-02-2009, 18:37
You people are going to think I'm crazy, but take some Chameleon Skinks... they make perfect screens. They start out in front, they get -1 to being hit, and they can move and double-shoot over half range and still hit on 6s, allowing poison. They cost a little more, but the extra 50 pts is well spent, I think.

LordChaos76
13-02-2009, 19:01
I dont think that's crazy but arent they an expense screen? Wouldnt regular skinks be better?

LordChaos76
13-02-2009, 19:02
What do u all think of the Kroxigors/skink units??? Seem very nice combo unit. Also saves you from burning special unit slots to take them.

Dokushin
13-02-2009, 19:14
I dont think that's crazy but arent they an expense screen? Wouldnt regular skinks be better?

That -1 to hit really helps make up for the extra cost. BS3 kills half as many chameleons. BS4 kills two-thirds as many. It really mitigates the cost; unless you're up against BS5 it really balances out. And that way you've got BS4 scouts on the field in case you need them; gives you some flexibility.

Entropolus
14-02-2009, 17:18
I have some games tomorrow where I am going to try 2 units of 2 Razordons as a screen for my Carny. They're more expensive, but I can let them take a charge (dealing out 4 artillery die shots in the process) and if they stick, because of their 80mm frontage, there will be a spot for the carny, or something else, to charge in if i want.

Braad
14-02-2009, 17:49
That -1 to hit really helps make up for the extra cost. BS3 kills half as many chameleons. BS4 kills two-thirds as many. It really mitigates the cost; unless you're up against BS5 it really balances out. And that way you've got BS4 scouts on the field in case you need them; gives you some flexibility.

I say: doom divers...

Personally, I would not target these with archers or something like that, but rather with magic or template artillery. Then they might be a bit too expensive to be placed in the open field.