PDA

View Full Version : Daemons vs daemons?

fubukii
13-02-2009, 19:29
I will be playing in a 3k game vs another daemon of chaos player. Having never played a daemon on daemon game i was wondering what units would be best to take vs such a unholy match up.

I was thinking the following

loc/kairos - solid magic able to pump out alot of hits
Thrister - combat beast
Flamers - Flaming shooting, will cause lots of ward saves to be taken and ignores regeneration in case of plaguebearers
flesh hounds- normally pretty good fast and MR3 so good at taking a magical beating, but they really benefit from being able to break the enemy im afraid they may get whittled down or counter charged in long drawn out combats.
Horrors - dispel dice and a cheap magic missle

Any other thoughts?

Bodysnatcher
13-02-2009, 19:57
Any idea what your opponent will take?

fubukii
13-02-2009, 20:44
probably

Thrister
maybe kairos
some horrors
possible plague bearers
or daemonettes
Hounds
flamers

Bodysnatcher
13-02-2009, 21:30
You could go mono-god for amusements.

Lijacote
14-02-2009, 15:13
I would imagine flesh hounds being very potent against other daemons as they lack shooting (other than flamers and magic but MR3 helps a bit there) and proper static combat res.

If I had to tailor an anti-daemon army, I'd probably have flesh hounds, furies, daemonettes and flamers... not sure on the character choices. Heralds of Khorne would probably be excellent value.

To summarize, most daemons are T3 (ok maybe not in a hugely competetive scene but T3-T4), so striking first is good, so is shooting. Expensive troops result in a lower number of ranks so... hmm.

Oh and yeah, horrors. Probably excellent choice. Flaming and ranged attack in the form of magic, +dispel dice? That's very neat.