PDA

View Full Version : Orky Valentines

CheesyRobMan
14-02-2009, 11:33
My awesome girlfriend got me these today :D

Corrode
14-02-2009, 11:40
Haha, mine got me them for my birthday a week or so ago.

the1stpip
14-02-2009, 11:56
Well, I got Zagstruk and 15 Stormboyz this morning.

Its a shame that I bought them myself, as the wife doesnt believe in buying me GW stuff. She says its like her buying me socks or smellies, that there is no thought in it.

Cos I'd care...?

Private Ginger
14-02-2009, 17:37
All I have to say is:
1. WTF are those?
2. Where can you get them?
and:
Why were they made?

FraustyTheSnowman
14-02-2009, 17:40
Welcome to the wonderful world of second edition ye green lads...or maybe even rogue trader.

I don't remember the specifics, but their orc rockers. First and second editon were VERY cartoony. You should she the original chaos dreadnaught, and it's bee stinger penis...terrible crap.

philbrad2
14-02-2009, 17:42
All I have to say is:
1. WTF are those?
2. Where can you get them?
and:
Why were they made?

1) Orks - Goff Rockas circa 40k 2nd ed.
2) You can still get them from Mailorder via the website (COllectors models)

They are Orks .. why not!

PhilB
:chrome:

Corrode
14-02-2009, 18:08
I believe they're actually Rogue Trader era models. Someone mentioned a while back that in RT they had rules, something like -1 to enemy leadership or shooting rolls to hit, and formed part of a Warboss's bodyguard. 2nd edition they were still produced but had no rules, and now they're just collector's items.

I'm planning to make a stage for mine when I have the time, and add some kind of drummer.

SockMonkey
14-02-2009, 20:18
They are RT, they were in Ere We Go or Freeboota's I think. But DEFINITELY RT. They were called the "Goff Rock Band" and if I recall correctly they gave your Goff boyz some sick sick bonuses.

BaronDG
14-02-2009, 20:40
Well, I know we are not supposed to print rules but...

GOFFIK ROK BAND: All Orks enjoy loud noises - loud bangs and crashes stimulates the Ork’s brain causing great exhilaration and excitement. Goffs are especially keen on loud noise - perhaps the constant head-butting contests affects their minds and give them an uncontrollable appetite for noise. The Goffik Rok Band consists of three Orks who carry threateningly loud Rok Guitars which they play to accompany the march of the Retinue. Their loud music gets any Goffs nearby really excited and worked-up. Any Goff within 12” of a Goffik Rok Band can fire twice in its turn if you want, although their accuracy is impaired by their manic enthusiasm if they do this - so deduct -1 from each dice roll to hit.

totgeboren
14-02-2009, 21:04
They are really just a play on words.
To quote Wikipedia; "Gothic rock gave rise to a broader goth subculture that includes clubs, various fashion trends and numerous publications that grew in popularity in the 1980s."

If you pronounce "goth" in an orky way, its "goff", hence the goff orks turned into goth-orks, who turned into goffik rockers. :)

The fluff is just there as an excuse for making funny models.

Bregalad
14-02-2009, 21:40
Tell your girlfriends that the new Ork Stompa comes with a perfectly fitting grot DJ with headphones ;) (it actually does!)

Clang
14-02-2009, 23:26
Marry her now, you lucky dog...

They're not especially useful gameswise (I don't see any good 'counts as' options in the codex), but would make a fab diorama to sit on top of your stereo or Ipod speakers. Hmm, use WHFB orc drummer bits for a crazed drummer?

the1stpip
14-02-2009, 23:43
Yeah, I've seen that Grot, its fantastic.

How about mount the Rokkers on top of the Stompa.

andyg2006
15-02-2009, 00:53
I saw someone use these on a superheavy tank:
No main turret(s), but the top was converted to look like a stage with cymbals etc and huge speakers and a few extra guys converted up to be drummers, keyboards, etc. (Think 70's KISS with walls of speakers, or any theatrical/prog-rock band with a huge stage show). I think it was used as a Shadowsword, with their sound counting as it's Volcano Cannon. Fantastic!

Born Again
15-02-2009, 04:36
They are really just a play on words.
To quote Wikipedia; "Gothic rock gave rise to a broader goth subculture that includes clubs, various fashion trends and numerous publications that grew in popularity in the 1980s."

If you pronounce "goth" in an orky way, its "goff", hence the goff orks turned into goth-orks, who turned into goffik rockers. :)

The fluff is just there as an excuse for making funny models.

It's not just this, the whole idea of "Goff" orks extends to their predominance of black clothing and checks, the serious, no-nonsense attitude, and also relates to the Germanic tribe the Goths who established a decent empire in the wake of the romans.

mweaver
15-02-2009, 05:24
Nice prezzie, those guys.

I received a bunch of Tallarn IG figures from my sweetie.

Khornate Fireball (Ork)
15-02-2009, 05:40
I saw someone use these on a superheavy tank:
No main turret(s), but the top was converted to look like a stage with cymbals etc and huge speakers and a few extra guys converted up to be drummers, keyboards, etc. (Think 70's KISS with walls of speakers, or any theatrical/prog-rock band with a huge stage show). I think it was used as a Shadowsword, with their sound counting as it's Volcano Cannon. Fantastic!

So, how about this: A tank whose sponsonz are speakers. The instrumentalists are various weapons. But the main gun is... Rob Halfork. You'd use Tipton and Downing for additional guns. Y'know, the mini-turrets on those plastic superheavies. Instead of one of those, you'd 'ave an Ork guitarist standing there. In fact... I might just make this kind of Orky Judas Priest tank... Mork knows I need a superheavy when I don't even have 500 pts assembled, let alone painted...

Born Again
15-02-2009, 07:21
with ideas like that, you don't need points. You need to get painting!

Bregalad
15-02-2009, 11:13
The new battle wagon is perfect for a "love parade car" with the band playing on the open platform!
Don't forget to invite the girls:
http://www.battlefield-berlin.de/shop/index.php?list=WG453 ;)

Nasha
22-02-2009, 10:33
mna my mrs only bought me some silly lil me to you bear that she wanted for herself lol
but i still love her4man they are awesome wish i had some for my goff tribe
kerby

fluffstalker
22-02-2009, 12:21
Born Again does a good historical/social analysis there. Rep if this forum had it! :)

More on topic, is your relationship, you know, open? Because I could use a girlfriend like that :P. Know I just need to move from Malaysia to Belfast :O. Jk.

PhantomRonin
22-02-2009, 17:10
Your gf got those for you? First, you are a lucky man to have a girl that respects your hobby.

weirdo2590
22-02-2009, 17:21
Don't forget to invite the girls:
http://www.battlefield-berlin.de/shop/index.php?list=WG453 ;)

Dats...Dats...ORKY HERSACY!

Da ladz Dont need no stinkin' Laydeez ta hav a gud time krumpin stuff!

Although...