PDA

View Full Version : are there any quirky things that you wish you could do with your models?

carldooley
14-02-2009, 13:36
this thought came to me when I was wishing wistfully that GW had a transparent model for Tau Stealth Suits. this made me wonder if there were any other things that you wish GW did for fluffier models.

CommissarKlink
14-02-2009, 14:30
I wouldn't mind seeing more use of the necron-style translucent green plastic, but I may do that anyway with the sprues from the AoBR templates. Blasta upgraded Snazzguns, here I come!

Also, deffrollas. Indispensable fluff-wise and rule-wise, yet currently lacking model-wise. I'm led to understand that it is being worked on, so that's good.

weissengel86
14-02-2009, 14:38
I just wish I could simply paint and model them correctly and not feel like i just threw 40 bucks down the drain :cries:

Vesica
14-02-2009, 17:42
I wish that all of the larger models/models with a lot of different options came with magnets =p.

ScooterinAB
17-02-2009, 17:17
I really liked the Space Marine upgrade kits when they first came out (Dark Angels and Black Templars). I also like the "new" chapter shoulder pads that are available in store. Basically, what I'm getting at is making it viable to play other chapters/army types. Here's why.

As an old Blood Angel player, I was eagerly awaiting new models, new rules, etc all the time. With several chapters to update to the current edition, not to mention other armies and their variants, I now know that this will pretty much never happen. A Blood Angel army, by rules, will only be appropriate for a short time during any edition, where are Ultramarines or the lesser chapters (like Aurora) will always be current and usable, as there will always be a SM codex.

End rant. Now, I've heard that the new SM codex makes all Marines the same and bland, discouraging anything but Ultramarines. That's where chapter upgrades come it. Things like shoulder pads, special equipment/greeblies, common equipment (ie Blood Angels having more chainswords than say, Dark Angels), and other details. This way, the armies are similar ruleswise, but are visually different.

Ork and Tyranid players (to an extent) and even Chaos have always used modelling to set armies apart and make them unique. Why not do this for other armies?

Laser guided fanatic
17-02-2009, 17:45
I wish they gave you metal shell casings that you could sprinkle on bases

TheBigBadWolf
17-02-2009, 17:48
this thought came to me when I was wishing wistfully that GW had a transparent model for Tau Stealth Suits. this made me wonder if there were any other things that you wish GW did for fluffier models.

I remember somebody actually did a transparent stealth suit here on warseer (and no it wasn't the footprint version :p)

Vesica
17-02-2009, 19:37
I wish they gave you metal shell casings that you could sprinkle on bases

Yea that would be pretty cool.

ooo i want tanks with working treads so they can actually move across the battlefield :D

TheEndIsHere
17-02-2009, 19:58
Yea that would be pretty cool.

ooo i want tanks with working treads so they can actually move across the battlefield :D

OMFG

And ramming NOT using the stupid damage rule, I can see alot of ork vehicles with chainsaws around:) They WILL win.

TANK SHOCK: models ripped to shreds
RAMMING: Tanks ripped to shreds
Losing: Winning player Ripped to shreds:)

D-End :P

EDIR: Actually, if i had remote controled tanks, I'd ram/tank shock my opponent's minis off the table. Makes me wanna start orks.

maelstrom66669
17-02-2009, 21:09
I dont know how to link a thread, but in the modelling project log, there is a guy who made a radio control landraider, and a baneblade that is radio controlled, has moving turrets, and even fires plastic bb's.

Illiterate Scribe
17-02-2009, 21:59
To link a thread, type some url that you want to link to[/B]]a title for the thread ([B) (without the bolding).

Anyway, I wish that the white metal used by GW was more easily polished up. Mirror sheen figures look awesome, but they either have too many deep scratches on them or they dull down pretty quickly.

Reflex
17-02-2009, 22:16
eww, those green rods for necrons annoy me. it seems like cheap from a painting point of view. why cant you just paint them green or blue, makes them look much better imo.

maelstrom66669
17-02-2009, 23:20
They have to use em, what else would they make from all the old Light Bright pegs laying around?

Also you could make a khorne army with actuall straightpins, or exacto blades on them, if someone touches your models, be sure to yell, "Blood for the Blood God!"

Or you could put peanut butter on some plague marines, maybe give some people salmonilla if they touch em and dont wash their hands XD.

carldooley
17-02-2009, 23:42
Also you could make a khorne army with actuall straightpins, or exacto blades on them, if someone touches your models, be sure to yell, "Blood for the Blood God!"

Or you could put peanut butter on some plague marines, maybe give some people salmonilla if they touch em and dont wash their hands XD.

EVIL!!! I Like It!!!

JCOLL
18-02-2009, 01:03
To the person who said they wanted empty shell casings: Why not get a pit of plastic or brass rod and cut it to get the desired effect? Even easier, raid your moms craft area and find similar looking beads.

BLZBOB
18-02-2009, 13:47
To the person who said they wanted empty shell casings: Why not get a pit of plastic or brass rod and cut it to get the desired effect? Even easier, raid your moms craft area and find similar looking beads.

Luckily my other area of hobby that of jewellery making coincides nicely with this, tubular crimps come readily obtainable sizes including 'boltgun' & 'heavy bolter'. Also had a bad consignment come in from China that are useless as crimps (metals far too soft, like warmed butter) but should do okay for scenery, 10,000 of them lying around my desk. :eek:

Ceryx
18-02-2009, 14:02
hmm i want glowing eyes for my black templars. real lights and LEDīs for my tanks.
and what would be real awesome:
when opening the LRC and 15 Black Templars running out in zealous rage, some smoke should be released as if compressed air from the pneumatics =) + a sound device playing "live for the kill" from amon amarth ^^

Noserenda
18-02-2009, 14:27
Id love an appropraite sized (And possibly modelled) crater to come with every tank, would make things easier as a LGS owner! (More Rhino sized Craters! Scream the regulars :chrome: )

Bregalad
18-02-2009, 16:43
I was unsure what to expect in this thread after reading the headline ;)
Anyway, clear resin Stealth suits (and fire prisms) would be very nice. Clear resin would also be fine for flame effects (flamers). Lighting options would also be great.

grissom2006
18-02-2009, 17:03
always wanted to make a marine so all the limbs moved and the helmet would come off

Groo The Wanderer
18-02-2009, 17:16
OOOOooooo, I would love some plastic titans (like Warlord or Imperator) and for the GW release dates to coincide with my pay dates :)

the1stpip
18-02-2009, 19:30
I was going to hook up a kidsd noisy toy to my Noise Marine Rhino with Warp Amp, but I don't have the electronic skills.

RexTalon
18-02-2009, 19:30
I really wish there was an easy way to paint Lictors so they change color when you look at them from different angles. That would be sweet!

chromedog
18-02-2009, 20:45
GW have proven that they CAN do "invisible" or clear models (there's a LE invisible frodo for LotR, and the fallen giant template is clear plastic) so doing an invisible lictor, stealth suit or Harlequin would make them money. Hell, even if only FW did them (it's not that difficult to switch to a different resin for a particular job run).