PDA

View Full Version : Manowar

Nineswords
05-12-2005, 12:19
Not the game, the band. Now Bro. Smith has established there are a lot of metal fans here, what do Warseerers think?

Personally, Im a huge fan, and Im not even a metalhead, having watched Hell On Earth IV (or HOE IV as it says on the DVD) I was a little disappointed with the DVD compared to HOE II (which was absolutely awesome), although the new song is really good!

I know they are a band you love or hate, I like the fact they are OTT and dont realy care what people think of them, and their ego inflating is hilarious.

EDIT: HAIL AND KILL!

Brother Smith
05-12-2005, 12:35
Love em, but nowhere near as much as my other favourite bands.

The Gods made heavy metal
And they saw that it was good
They said to play it louder than hell
We promised that we would
When losers say it's over
We'll know that it's a lie
The Gods made heavy metal
And it's never 'gonna die!

\m/

Hicks
05-12-2005, 12:45
I am a huge fan myself. I even have that huge poster flag haging from a wall in my room. I saw them live together with Rhapsody once and that's when I really got into them. Like you said, I think it's a band you hate or absolutely fall in love with. For the few people out there that really don't conform to the emo fad, they are a huge beacon of light.

On a side note, anyone ever counted how many times they use the word power, in "the power"?

Crux
05-12-2005, 17:41
I like 'em. Definately in my top three favorite bands list.

Melchor
05-12-2005, 17:51
Manowar embody every stereotype people might have about Heavy Metal. They're loud, sexist, macho, wear leather, ride motorcycles, and drink lots...

God bless 'em! :D

Venomizer
05-12-2005, 19:58
I like 'em.............for certain tin my top 10 favourite bands (although that changes from month to month)

Makaber
05-12-2005, 20:02
They're mind boggingly stupid, but entertaining nontheless. Not something I'd buy, nor consider taking seriously enough to rate.

Melchor
05-12-2005, 20:12
I see what you mean Makaber.
But I must confess that many of the great, classic heavy metal bands can be pretty stupid at times, in image or music or both.
Take Iron Maiden and Judas Priest for example. Both are heavy metal icons, but their image is kind of erm.. corny at times, even to a fan.

Don't get me wrong, my heart is made of metal, and heavy metal first and foremost but you've got to admit the genre has some silly aspects.
Manowar embodies every silly little thing in heavy metal.

That is both their greatest strength and their greatest weakness...

To quote 'The D': 'It doesn't matter if it is good, it only matters if it rocks!'

\m/:skull:\m/

Minister
05-12-2005, 23:34
Although if you buy one of their t-shirts... well, the large could probably fit two small sized people.

Ophidicus
06-12-2005, 05:00
NOnonono!! Manowar bad *Covers ears* No, bad, wrong, silly.

WASP good, Priest good, Manowar bad and wrong. You try and resist, you know they're totally brainless and higher camp than Butlins in the Andes, but you just can't help but grin and sing along. I will never buy a Manowar record, because the paradox would tear my fragile Metal mind in two. I hate them but cannot help but love them. Screw it, back to Aborym.

BlazeXI
06-12-2005, 08:23
Other bands play, ManowaR KILLS!!!

Great band. Simple, yet entertaining, Heavy Metal. Good for a change after listening to technically advanced bands like MAIDEN, Annihilator.

As the Dutch guy has said, they are for most peaple archetype of a HM band:skull:

And Nine Swords, Hell on Earth DVD's show two best fans. One in Brazil (was it part 2??) and a polish one in czech city of Zlin (Part 4):evilgrin:

Nineswords
06-12-2005, 10:55
Manowar Is My Religion And My Life!

Brother Munro
06-12-2005, 12:01
Manowar rock. 'Nuf said.

Crube
06-12-2005, 12:03
Manowar - 'kin awesome...

Battle Hymns, manowar, Play on 10 - classics...