PDA

View Full Version : Devastator squad serg question

Darth Rubi
14-02-2009, 22:44
I couldn't quite decide if this belonged in m, p & t but here goes...

For a typical codex SM chapter, would the sergeant be a veteran serg or a regular one? The reason I ask is because it makes the difference between a termie honours shoulder pad and just a normal one,

And another completely unrelated question... my pedro kantor model just came, but the ammo belt for the storm bolter was moulded short. Is this the sort of thing that GW replaces or do I just have to bear it?

thanks in advance

blackroyal
14-02-2009, 22:48
LD 9, A2... He's a Vet.

As for the ammo belt. Sounds like a "greenstuff" repair to me.

starlight
14-02-2009, 22:57
If it's worth the hassle of returning it to you, by all means take it back. If not, GS it and move on.:)

According the the stats, he's a Veteran, but your background can have him painted however you like.:)

march10k
15-02-2009, 09:24
Just to offer un-asked-for advice, I think the best model to use as a devastator sergeant is the metal bare headed one holding an auspex and pointing. I can just see him saying "there's something gribbly in yon thicket, boys...hose it down!"

Laser guided fanatic
15-02-2009, 14:52
Do i have to give my ultramarine sarges white shoulder pads?

Blue Orphen
15-02-2009, 14:55
On a side note...

I'm pretty sure the newest Codex: SM does away with "Sergeants" and replaces them with "Veteran Sergeants" in every unit that can take them.

Ivan Stupidor
15-02-2009, 15:12
Do i have to give my ultramarine sarges white shoulder pads?

Not unless they're leading a squad from the 1st company. A Sergeant (even a Veteran Sergeant) is a member of the same company as his squad - a Veteran Sergeant of a Second Company Tactical Squad will have yellow (or gold) trim, for example.

Leftenant Gashrog
15-02-2009, 17:10
I'm pretty sure the newest Codex: SM does away with "Sergeants" and replaces them with "Veteran Sergeants" in every unit that can take them.

Yes and no, all Sergeants now have the statline of the old Veteran Sergeants, but they aren't referred to as Veteran Sergeants.

AngryAngel
15-02-2009, 17:14
Well as Vet Sgt was just a way of speaking of an upgraded Sgt and there are no regular Sgts. It really wouldn't matter if you refer to them as Sgts or Vet sgts. Basically they are all bet sgts if they are a sgt. So go with what makes ya feel good.