PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find a Lieutenant Harker?

souljaking09
14-02-2009, 23:45
He is called that in the newest codex. Where do I find him?

TRICorp
14-02-2009, 23:49
I dont have any idea what you are talking about... Which codex? Space marines?

tuebor
15-02-2009, 00:02
I think he's talking about the picture in the IG Codex on page 22 with the text "Lieutenant Harker leads his platoon through the dense jungles of Piscina V".

As to the model you'll probably have to look on the GW site, probably under the Collectors section. He's not a special character or anything, he's just a random Catachan officer and "Lieutenant Harker" is just a random name they came up with for that picture.

souljaking09
15-02-2009, 00:29
its in the IG codex. i looked in the collectors and didnt see him. any other ideas? maybe he's an old model?

Surgency
15-02-2009, 00:35
It's just a normal model. GW just gave the model a name, something they did a lot in a few of the other codices.

tuebor
15-02-2009, 00:38
its in the IG codex. i looked in the collectors and didnt see him. any other ideas? maybe he's an old model?

He's definitely an older model. It's also possible he's an old Necromunda ganger.

Bloodknight
15-02-2009, 00:40
That Lt Harker is the generic Catachan Lieutenant model from 2nd edition (you mean the guy in carapace with sunglasses and boltgun, right?). Since there was no other Cat lieutenant model back then (only "Harker" and a Captain model with power fist and boltgun) and Catachans were pretty popular, it should be easy to get hold of him, even if GW don't sell him anymore - I used to have 4 of these guys when I still had my DWV army...

Just for notice: while they attached names to some of the models, Captain Chenkov and Captain Al'Rahem used to be special characters in 2nd and early 3rd edition.

edit: I looked at the GW site, and no, they don't sell that specific model anymore, only the old Captain. I also noticed how awful the current Catachan officers are. Were they serious releasing these? They look like an aged and shrinked Ogryn in the face. The old models are better IMO.

souljaking09
15-02-2009, 02:11
yeah, i dont like the new catachan officers or the new ogryns that much. anyone that has the old ones should offer them to me. ill pay for them.

hemogoblin
15-02-2009, 02:38
I also noticed how awful the current Catachan officers are. Were they serious releasing these? They look like an aged and shrinked Ogryn in the face. The old models are better IMO.

but they are much better than the cadian officers who look are rediculously skinny.

souljaking09
15-02-2009, 02:42
ursurkar creed looks pretty cool. i forget his partner's name, but he looks cool too. this is kind of random, but I wish there were a few more officers with the type of hat colonel schaeffer has. i like his hat better than the one ibram gaunt wears(the one that has a flat circular top with a real short brim).

i must say i find it pretty annoying that GW completely discontinues all the old models once new ones are made. they are nearly impossible to find anywhere else. i looked on ebay and googled it but couldnt find the the officer with shoulder pads and sunglasses. i could understand not selling them in stores, but they could at least keep all the old ones on the website.

Corrode
15-02-2009, 03:08
It's an economics thing. Usually old models that get replaced get replaced for a reason. They do keep some older stuff in the Collector's section, but not everything. I believe there was a post somewhere explaining their logic.

starlight
15-02-2009, 03:22
10X sales = profitable enough to make in plastic

X sales = profitable enough to make in metal

X-1 sales = not profitable enough to make

Corrode
15-02-2009, 03:38
Haha I didn't mean that one starlight - I was referring to the Collector's stuff. Something like 'Some things will be kept on permanently, some things will rotate through on a limited basis, some things are consigned to the dustbin of history.'

mweaver
15-02-2009, 05:32
souljaking09, I did an eBay search for Catachan Lieutenant and there are three in eBay stores at the moment.

He is one of my favorite IG figures, by the way. Don't know if you noticed from the picture in the Codex, but he's chomping a cigar.

starlight
15-02-2009, 05:40
Can we get a picture, or link to one? :)

souljaking09
15-02-2009, 06:17
thanks for telling me the keywords. i kept searching catachans and it didnt show up for some reason. or maybe i didnt see it. whichever it was thank you, now i can have a cool looking officers.:D

decker_cky
15-02-2009, 07:48
Can we get a picture, or link to one? :)

I believe it's this one:
http://i2.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/22/31/04f5_1.JPG

starlight
15-02-2009, 07:53
Many thanks. :)

*goes to check Bitz Crate 'O DOOOOOOOOM...* :D

souljaking09
15-02-2009, 21:33
i like the old catachan sergeant with the chainsword too. maybe im just old school, but im new and from an outsider's perspective, the new catachan officers look stupid. i plan on getting the old catachan lieutenant with bolt pistol and the old catachan sergeant with chainsword.

decker_cky
15-02-2009, 22:37
souljaking...you might want to hold off on getting catachan officers since the new catachan command squad is looking amazing. You get excellent officer/sergeant models, along with all your special weapons and a heavy flamer on each sprue. Plus, you get extra arms which seem to be quite well scaled.

But yea...I love the old catachan metals. There's actually 2 different sergeant ones from the 2nd edition metals holding chainswords:
http://i1.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/1b/83/b053_1.JPG
http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Imperial_Guard_Catachan_Sergeant_1.gif

edit: BTW, look ing the rumour forum and you can see the sprues for the command squad.

souljaking09
16-02-2009, 00:21
wow, i like that one too. what happened? were the sculpters on crack? why did they change them? i don't want to hold off though, because those officers are hard to find and i want to get some while i still can. even if the new ones look cool, ill probably get them too. don't get me wrong, i love the newer catachan trooops, but the officers just don't look good to me.

decker_cky
16-02-2009, 09:29
I managed to get the harder to find sergeant on ebay, and you see them every now and then, but you tend to need to buy them as part of a 10-man squad. Just look for catachans on ebay and check once per week and you'll tend to find some deals on old catachans.