PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any problems with GW staff on phone?

Hrw-Amen
15-02-2009, 13:11
I recently purchased a box of Eldar Shinning Spears, admittedly ata reduced rate as the shop was shutting. However I have just openned them and discovered that they did not have any flying bases in with them. (They were still shrink wrapped.) Obviously I could not take them back to the shop as it had closed.

I telephoned mail order, whom I usually find to be really helpful, (Although I've not recently had to report anything missing?) and the chap on the telephoen was really off hand and just told me to buy some on the website. Now I had already tried this (As I said I got them cheap.) and for some reason it kept crashing on me. I asked if he could deal with it over the telephone for me and explained I did not mind buying them, but he was really rude and basically just said no and hung up?

Whilst I have not placed any orders with them for some time, I've always been able to get stuff ordered over the telephoen before so was somewhat surprised by this turn of events?

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Hicks
15-02-2009, 13:46
That's strange, most companies that deal with clients on the phone also have super tight control on their employees, so surely this guy's boss knows about the incident. Still he was an ******** to treat you like that.

Anyway, the only time I had to call GW the guy on ther other side was really helpfull. I was ordering very specific necromunda minis and he didn't make any mistake with my order. The guy was even bilingual wich I tought was neat. Whenever GW makes a mistake with my orders it's usually resolved over emails and so far they have been very good to me.

Ward.
15-02-2009, 14:00
Anyone had any similar experiences?

Persoanally, never like that.

You may want to call again and attempt to get it sorted out.

Earthbeard
15-02-2009, 14:13
Never had anything like that at all.

I know recently if you have missing parts etc in a kit, they advise you take it to a GW store for exchange (and they will easily) - I assume this is for all the ******s that took advantage of there kind nature and ripped them off.

mweaver
15-02-2009, 14:38
No, I have never had anything but excellent service from them when I have called.

zedeyejoe
15-02-2009, 20:16
No, in fact I have good conversations with GW staff (on the phone).

the_reaper
15-02-2009, 20:36
Same as everyone else, fantastic service, when it comes to things like missing parts, GW are the best (most of the time).

Are you going to follow up on his behaviour?

-reaper

75hastings69
15-02-2009, 21:17
I have NEVER EVER had a bad attitude from any of the Direct Sales staff. Are you 100% sure that he said what you think he said? "He basically said no and hung up" is that exactly what he said? or is that what you have perceived his sentiment to be on the telephone?

I have always without exception found GW (and for that matter FW) staff to be helpful, polite, and quite often FUN in my dealings with them.

Harry
15-02-2009, 21:28
Likewise. Never once had anything but outstanding cusomer service.

Foolish Mortal
16-02-2009, 07:18
Not really, no.

I've had times where the phone has rung for ages, and then the guy who answered sounded a bit stressed, but never had a situation where they were rude or unhelpful.

ozzyboy
16-02-2009, 07:27
Well i called last summer to say that i didn't like the new website, and to see if there we're actually terrain articles as i hadn't found them. The reps words were "well i guess we all just have to learn to deal with change don't we?" Now granted that i was complaining and all, but still. From what i got from the direct service ads in the back of White Dwarf it would have been nicer and he may have helped me find the articles. They said "or even just have a chat" which i'm wondering about. has any one "just had chat?"

Wildkard
16-02-2009, 10:29
Mail order guys have always been polite and helpful for me...even when you ask them if they sell 40K movement trays! ;)

zedeyejoe
16-02-2009, 11:32
And I will sell you 40K movement trays! like this one

http://www.3vwargames.co.uk/shop/products/sk_25r_15.jpg

Angelwing
16-02-2009, 12:35
Never as a customer. They have always been top notch.
However, as a red shirt I dreaded working april fools day as all the local shops telephoned each other pretending to be difficult customers asking for silly things. You always had to play ball as they just might have been real customers.

Sleazy
16-02-2009, 13:12
of GWs many faults their customer service aint one of them, especially the mail order guys.

I've always put the phone down very impressed at the customer care I've recieved.

As a customer care manager for a very large multinational I'd hire the guys at UK GW mail order in a flash.

Hrw-Amen
16-02-2009, 17:10
I must admit that was I was taken aback, I have over the years spoken to them many times, (Just not in the last few months due to finances.) and have never before had any problems, they have always been more than helpful. Apart from yesterday.

I cannot recall the exact words but after explaining what I wanted it it went something like.

"I've tried looking online but cannot find them." (Me)

"Oh, well they are on the website you can get them there." (Him)

"Well is it possible to buy them over the telephone now." (Me)

"It is just as easy to do it on the website." (Him)

"But, I've alre-----" (Me)

"That is the quickest way." (Him)

"Oh, well I, ------" (Me)

"Thanks then Goodbye." (Him)

I realise that everyone has off days and maybe he'd had a grumpy person on before me? It's not a huge deal, I did evenetually manage to find them on the website once I could get it to load properly. I just wondered as I had not spoken to them for a while if this was now the norm.

Obviously not, but thanks anyway for the replies.