PDA

View Full Version : left handed high elf lord

isidril93
15-02-2009, 16:34
as some of you who have read my post concerning the emperor's champion of 40k i am a lefty...and i like lefty models

there arent that many out there but i want my high elf prince to be a lefty or at least carry a two handed weapon. the only problem is that there are none out there. i have the plastic noble already who is right handed along with many other right handed (*shivers*) generals

i need one that:
looks like he comes from nagarythe
has a largish sword
is left handed or is holding his sword in both hands

now i was contemplating these options:

1) convert the sword of the dragon box set onto the plastic on foot noble by cutting it and putting on the left hand
problem is that i might screw the cutting up, he does not look really nagarythish, the left hand is too unactive without major conversions

2) the noble with longwsord and bow from the collector's range, he's left handed and no coversions
the thing is that the sword is not big enough to be a great weapon and its not a great model

3) the wood elf noble wth great weapon. he's an amazing model, got a great weapon and looks like he has little armour but enough to be heavy.
problem is he's a wood elf and has the leaves and stuff. might not look too great near my white lions.

my favourite is no.3 but it is also the only which i feel most uncomfortable (think it wont look good)

any ideas?

WhiteKnight
15-02-2009, 17:11
Just get rid of the trees a bit. It will look good if you match your guys around him.

Chiron
15-02-2009, 17:49
It all sounds a bit sinister

*dies*

isidril93
15-02-2009, 18:20
thanks...how do i get rid of the tree bits?

Chaos Mortal
15-02-2009, 18:59
white lions live in a forest though dont they? (at least they they can move through the woods for no penalty in game) so maybe just scater a few leaves across the base of your lions?

ps. after thinking about it im not sure the model will go with the lions but its probably worth a try

isidril93
15-02-2009, 19:01
it is meant to go more with the shadow warriors but will be put in with WL.

i think i will paint his armour silver with a blue wash to create a magic armour effect, his sword blended silver blue to silver, his cape shadow grey, white and some red

just like my shadow warriors.

Thurizdan
16-02-2009, 05:32
Alith Anar is from Nagarythe and has a large sword in his left hand. 3/3

Foegnasher
16-02-2009, 06:09
as the proud owner of a converted skaven general who is a lefty (and therefore REALLY evil) i wholeheartedly endorse this thread.

isidril93
16-02-2009, 21:22
why thank you

thurizdan i considered alith anar but i dont really like the model, also my shadow warriors are the old ones

when i get the new one ill be picking up him as well

Lordsaradain
16-02-2009, 21:31
Go for option nr3. That is a great model. ;)

Neckutter
16-02-2009, 21:38
My HE lord with the S6 bow is the warwatcher lord model for WE. WE have amazing models, and before the plastic characters kit, were a better choice for metal character models. go for the wood elf, if you dont like the nagrythe HE model.

and yeah, my HE looks a lil different, but my army colors are shadow grey, and dark angels green, so its ok. :)

isidril93
17-02-2009, 12:32
i've finally deciede...im gonna buy both!
they're not that expensive and i love painting character (thats why i have about 12 high elf ones) and then ill decide

i looked at alith anar again and im starting to like mh more and more but i still like the other one

only thing that loses out is my wallet

WhiteKnight
18-02-2009, 03:16
I did a decent conversion by taking bits from the chariot sprue such as the 2-handed spear (which is convienantly located as left handed!) and the alith anar waist down, with the rocks from the mage and had him on the rocks. It was pretty cool but I took it apart.