PDA

View Full Version : Empire Handguns on characters?

nickdahkwik
15-02-2009, 16:00
I am able to equip my Empire General with a Handgun for +10pts how many shots does he get just 1 for the gun or does he get 3 because he has 3 Attacks on his profile? i thought Attacks on profile just meant combat and the only way you could get multiple shots is if you were able somehow to get a repeater handgun? which is right a single shot or 3 shots due to profile? please help in a game right now and can't figure this out...we are on a lunch break so i figured why not ask the peeps at WARSEER!!!! thank you!

Dexter099
15-02-2009, 16:03
Read the rulebook on statistics.

Braad
15-02-2009, 16:10
As you say it yourself, attacks on the profile are combat only. A shooting weapon only get more shots if it has the multiple shot special rule.

Neckutter
15-02-2009, 17:05
having a handgun on an empire character is a waste of points. however i have repeater crossbows on my DE characters, so who knows.

nosferatu1001
15-02-2009, 17:50
Depends how you're using the characters - if youre expecting to get charged and can stand and shoot with handgunners, you then get the joy of the S7S being resolved at half range....

My themed DE hunting party list has everything with RXB, because...well theyre just cool :D

nickdahkwik
16-02-2009, 02:30
in response to the last post...um str 7 shots? i thought handguns only had str 4? and he would get 1 str 4 shot to stand and shoot or am i completely playing the game wrong here?

Volker the Mad Fiddler
16-02-2009, 02:36
Depends how you're using the characters - if youre expecting to get charged and can stand and shoot with handgunners, you then get the joy of the S7S being resolved at half range....SNIP

in response to the last post...um str 7 shots? i thought handguns only had str 4? and he would get 1 str 4 shot to stand and shoot or am i completely playing the game wrong here?

I am going to guess he meant Stand and Shoot [S&S] at half range because the character has a pistol- since the character has only an 8" range, that is the range used for the stand and shoot which is within short range for the handguns.

nickdahkwik
16-02-2009, 02:43
o ok, pistols S&S got it thanks to all whom responded i appreciate it as always have FUN!!! playing not ARGUING it makes this game WAY more enjoyable later after games or during breaks its great to come to WARSEER and ask all questions and meet cool people! have fun gaming dudes!!

nosferatu1001
16-02-2009, 15:08
Ooop, yes i meant S&S not S7 ;)

It's about the only use, and even then not a great use....

Templar_Victorious
16-02-2009, 16:45
I could see a use in the 7 heroes setting. 3 Captains with BS5 firing at a skink priest would perhaps cause some ruckus. But it's pretty situational. Never had a handgun on a Captain or a General in a regular game.