PDA

View Full Version : Favorite new Lizardmen SC

Drayken
15-02-2009, 18:45
Who is your favorite special character from the new lizardmen armybook?
(Personally, I think they could have been a lot stronger, considering what happened with Chaos and Demons)
My vote is split between Chakax for combat and Mazdamundi for magic.

isidril93
15-02-2009, 18:55
i love the chakax model
what other obes are there beides tiktaqto, mazdamundi and kroak?

Drayken
15-02-2009, 19:15
Lizardmen SC's :

Kroak
Mazdamundi
Krok-Gar (guy on carnie)
Chakax
Gor-rok (saurus, good CC)
Tictacto
Tehenhauin (skink priest, hates skaven)
Oxayotl (chameleon, sniper)
Tekko-ekko (skin priest on palanquin, good magic)

And I almsotforgot, the greatest of all, (but not in the book :cries:) Nakai the Wanderer!

isidril93
15-02-2009, 19:32
i remember krok-gar (as i now not the post before) but i dont think the other characters have models do they?

Geoduck
15-02-2009, 19:54
My vote will have to go with Chakax. I love his model!

Though he seems to be a tad on the pricey-side, I will find a place for him in a lot of my lists :)

Geoduck...out!

C-Coen
15-02-2009, 20:58
Altough not blown away by his rules, Tehenhauin does it for me.
That's some real background that guy has.
Strange rules tough, nowadays. Except for Chameleon bloke, he -as a lord- is cheaper than the hero characters.
Still, Tehenhauin on an Engine is pretty nice. Others said the real weakness of an engine is getting the priest killed in a duel. Try that with the Prophet of Sotek..! (with Bears Anger.. yeah..!)

Drayken
15-02-2009, 21:56
I was disappointed to see tehenhauin is now only a lvl 2 wizard. Then again, tekko-ekko is a really good heavens wizard, he has his own little palanquin, yet he's a lvl 2 also. Sad for both of them.

ScalySkin
15-02-2009, 22:20
Tekko-ekko for sure, he enables you take a heap of skink priests and get irrestable force on all doubles (except 1's), take this guy (well-protected with some kroxigor mixed in with the skinks) with a couple of skink priests on EoTGs with plaque of tepok and you have a juggernaut of destruction! His redeploy ability is also great to set up some flank attacks on a weak enemy flank. He also knows all lore of heavens spells, all for only 255 pts!

The new cost and stats for Kroak are also awesome, I am greatly anticipating the destruction kroak could cause on a battlefield. Chakax is great for protecting slann blocks and taking out most other characters in a challenge.

I could easily find a place for all of the special characters except for Kroq-gar, you can tool up an old-blood carnosaur combination with better weapons for 200 pts less. I would love to hear from someone who has used him with the new rules as to why he is worth all those points.

I am also wishing that nakai was released. I would have also loved to have seen Inxi-Huinzi released (horned one riding skink chief with hail of darts special ability). I would have also loved to have seen Gor-rok given leadership 9 to make him the ultimate general.

Desert Rain
15-02-2009, 22:50
Tetto'Eko is so cool, an ancient withered venerated skink slann. What more can you wish for??

To bad he isn't a L3 wizard, he deserves it considering his fluff.

Drayken
16-02-2009, 01:31
Sadly, most of the characters aren't really worth their points worth. Even though they're good, most of them are very expensive. It seems only mazdamundi, gor-rok and tekko-ekko are really worth their points.

Desert Rain
16-02-2009, 18:21
I would sat thar Lord Kroak are weth his points more so than Mazdamundi, otherwise I agree with you.

The SkaerKrow
16-02-2009, 19:42
Oxyatl ninja'd his way out of the Realm of Chaos, and witnessed things that would break a Slann. That's enough to get him my vote.

Sarah S
16-02-2009, 20:02
They are all ridiculously overpriced. Even Kroak isn't really worth it with the prevalence of spell destroyers in the game (they will become more popular if Kroak becomes more popular).

Gaargod
16-02-2009, 20:48
Kroak is really not that good. He costs about 200 points more than a normal slann and has only one spell that can be destroyed. Yes, its quite a reasomable spell, but the real way to use it is stupidly left out by GW. All they needed to do was to give him Focused Rumination (+1PD per cast) and he'd have been a very reasomable character choice.

He basically enables a lizardmen deathstar list - take him, tekko, some skinks, salamanders and terradons and about 40 unbreakable fear causing temple guard, walk into the middle of the enemy line and spam the 5+ version of the spell 6 times a magic phase. At longer range, he simply gives his dice to Tekko who gives them a nice 4+ ward save against shooting and slams people with lightning bolts. However, no focused rumination (or for that matter, any discipline. What's up with that?) = really not as good.

Same for mazda in many ways. Ok, he's a total tarpit with 2+ armour save, 4+ ward save, T4 W5, stubborn LD9 coldblooded rerollable, but he can't do as much as a normal slann because of his total lack of the best slann discipline.

Kroq-Gar... horribly horribly overpriced and really not very effective.

Chakax - costs almost as much as a combat lord and will generally die against them. Unbreakable TG is nice, but LD8 coldblooded rerollable is basically unbreakable anyways. If his silly axe did D3 wounds, then he'd be worth his points (and then some). And where's his light armour??? Although the model is awesome.

Oxyatl - what's the point? His fluff is cool, but he costs more than a unit of 6 chameleons, who will do a hell of a lot more of the same.

Teeny-weeny - Combat/magic lord (hah, you are kidding right? He's a fricking lv2 wizard with goblin warboss stats!) who's unbreakable. Fun for a skink army leader (especially with bear's anger, which does make him good), but pretty useless otherwise. If you stick him on an Engine, on the plus side he makes up for one of its major weaknesses, but on the negative side he is riding a mount therefore not US1 therefore no bear's anger. Overpriced for what he does.

Tictactoe - Just why. Terradons are fliers, they don't need to enter from the sides. He costs a bomb and his only real compensation is MR1 and -1 to shooting (which is very usable combined with skirmishing fliers). Would rather just have a unit of terradons.

Tekko - Very good if used in combination with Kroak, otherwise simply reasonable. Knowing all heavens is nice, redeploy is useful, irresistable heavens is great. But he's still only lv2, so without Kroak's 4 dice he's gonna have a big problem casting lots of stuff and with a max of 3 dice comet is still very hard to do. Quite pricey too, but possible.

Gor-rok - probably the best overall. Not insanely overpriced, reasomably hard and best of all, he is stubborn. Certainly the most usable one.

Neckutter
16-02-2009, 20:50
by far my favorite is the chameleon skink. i wish you could upgrade your normal skink chief to be chamelions for like 15 points or something.

at any rate, he seems pretty neat. he march blocks by himself, and shoots unit champs all day.

Wrathiel
16-02-2009, 20:54
Gor'rok all the way. I would gladly pay his cost just for the weapons, but making him stubborn puts him over the top!

Chakax is amazing, just too expensive. Kroak is cool, the rest are garbage IMO.

Drayken
16-02-2009, 21:02
Gor-rok can tke a lot of punishment, he is immune to killing blow, stubborn, negats charge bonuses and ennemies reroll succesful wounds. On the other hand, all he has to fight back with is basic oldblood stats and rerolls to hit in first round.

someone2040
17-02-2009, 01:00
Teeny-weeny - Combat/magic lord (hah, you are kidding right? He's a fricking lv2 wizard with goblin warboss stats!) who's unbreakable. Fun for a skink army leader (especially with bear's anger, which does make him good), but pretty useless otherwise. If you stick him on an Engine, on the plus side he makes up for one of its major weaknesses, but on the negative side he is riding a mount therefore not US1 therefore no bear's anger. Overpriced for what he does.
Tehenhauin can't use Bears Anger irregardless, as he's on a 40x40mm base. Therefore he's unit size 3 (And has been since Lustria). He's not horrible, but he could be better. He really needed that magic level 3 though, as he can really screw himself over if he rolls poor spells. That, and he pretty much has to sit on an engine which he's the best possible choice to do so with... just... it doubles his points and you're using a lord choice to do so.

I've been thinking about Gor-Rok. I think combod with a Slann, he'd be quite decent. Use him as a road block against Chariots and other things (He's stubborn, and enemies have to re-roll successful wounds). Buff him up with Bears Anger and possibly some help in the following round (Can't do it in the first round, otherwise he loses his bonus from the shield against the chargers). That or have him in the Slann's unit, buff him with Bears Anger and just use him to challenge. Strength 7, toughness 6, 7 attacks, enemy has to re-roll successful wounds, not too shabby. Personally I don't think his equipment is so great due to the fact the damage has to be targetted at him.

Gork or Possibly Mork
17-02-2009, 01:42
I haven't used any at all but I like Gor-rok the best.

The others are
A. Underpowered for cost.
B. Powerful but too costly.
C. Limited usefulness ( but Im actually happy thier not OTT ).

Chakax his my favorite model. I like the tekko's fluff the best.

No Nakai:cries:

vamp
17-02-2009, 02:03
My favorite Lizardmen chacter is......(wait for it).............COUNT MANFREDD .....MUhahHahHahHahahahhahahahahahahwhwhwahahahwah whahhahahwHWAWAHh!!!!!!!!!

Gork or Possibly Mork
17-02-2009, 02:38
My favorite Lizardmen chacter is......(wait for it).............COUNT MANFREDD .....MUhahHahHahHahahahhahahahahahahwhwhwahahahwah whahhahahwHWAWAHh!!!!!!!!!

My favorite VC character is...Stega Von Sandwich'ed:p

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
17-02-2009, 02:45
My favourite character is the Venerable Slann Xirnot-Appiring-Inzis-Booq.

Failing him, Gor-Rok all the way. I just love the idea of stubborn Saurus who negate all the enemy's charge bonuses.

dunagrad
23-02-2009, 19:58
I'm not say he's my favorite, but doesn't Tiq-Taq's ability to bring terradons in from the sides make it easier to access war machines while avoiding fire? Assuming they get brought in anyway. I guess that's the danger you run.

Coram_Boy
23-02-2009, 20:25
I like Tettoekko, but I am outraged at the lack of Itzibitzi :D It's so hard to read serious sounding fluff about him...

truthsayer
23-02-2009, 20:34
I think id only use Gor-Rok from the list, run him out of a unit into the path of a chariot. makes sense really especially my mates khorne chariot of doom.

Danny_D14
26-02-2009, 00:57
Chakax would have to be mine. Not for his tabletop abilities but just his fluff. Mauling a demon prince is always worth two thumbs up.