PDA

View Full Version : Why does GW scramble all the imperial guard units?

souljaking09
16-02-2009, 05:23
there is only a standard bearer and medic for cadians, but there is only a catachan demolition team.:wtf:

Maskedman5oh4
16-02-2009, 05:25
there is only a standard bearer and medic for cadians, but there is only a catachan demolition team.:wtf:

Why do you keep making threads?

souljaking09
16-02-2009, 05:28
why do you keep responding to them if you don't have an answer?:mad:

i make them because that is what you do on a forum. you ask questions and others answer.

ehlijen
16-02-2009, 05:38
I believe his point was:

We don't know, it's just what they do.

That said, have a look at the rumour forums. There's some nice pictures of the contents of the upcoming command squad boxes (both cadian and catachan) flying 'round.

souljaking09
16-02-2009, 05:42
that's the second time i heard about it. somebody put the link here cuz i looked but couldn't find it.

laudarkul
16-02-2009, 06:25
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183499

That's the thread.

Jackmojo
16-02-2009, 14:27
Different release times for rules and miniatures.

IIRC the demo team first came in the catachan supplement fro 3rd ed. and so thats where the miniature was designed/released.

Cadian stuff came out with the newer codex and incorporated those options.

Jack

Johnnyfrej
16-02-2009, 14:54
Just use a Cadian model holding two Mortars and count him as an improvised Demo.

EVIL INC
16-02-2009, 15:34
I used the gas cans from the russ kit. A little thread through the handle and it loops over the head of the model I want to carry it. After it is used, lift off the can.

Nostro
17-02-2009, 01:06
Why do you keep making threads?

why do you keep responding to them if you don't have an answer?:mad:

i make them because that is what you do on a forum. you ask questions and others answer.

In this forum we also use: :rolleyes:
- social skills: ask your local game shop clerks
- the search function: to find answers to some people having posted the same question
- patience: look around and read instead of creating a thread for any question that crosses your mind. And read your codex.

I understand that you are new to both the hobby and this forum and want to learn things, but you can read what is already available and/or combine questions. And also read the posting guidelines.

You already posted two or three threads about tactics, three or four about modelling, two or three about painting, etc. If any new guy posts 10 threads everyday this place would be unusable. You have already been warned by t-tauri about posting threads several times in the wrong place, one of yours has been put to the wastes (=garbage).

This is a forum, not a chatroom.

Oh, and welcome to Warseer. :evilgrin:

Hicks
17-02-2009, 01:20

I think us guard players can consider ourselves very lucky. What other army has whole different ranges of models to represent the same unit? Marines almost have that, but chapters just have different colors and sometimes they get an accessorie sprue. Some of the IG ranges happen to have more diversity, but you can always get by, by doing convertions. I wish my Steel Legion would have rough riders or autocanon teams, but you know what, I prefer having to convert those than be forced to use generic IG miniatures painted grey and tan.

souljaking09
17-02-2009, 02:25
Well, looks like i am the most hated person on warseer.

Bookwrak
17-02-2009, 02:33
Don't whine, it's unbecoming.

Short answer for the op: because they just didn't do specific models for all the variations previously, although they seem to be filling in those oversights with a lot of the new IG releases coming up.

Thought of the day: Post smarter, not harder.

Hicks
17-02-2009, 02:44
Looks like i am the most hated person on warseer.

Not by me. I apologize if my post seamed offensive, it wasn't intended as such.

Inquisitor Engel
17-02-2009, 03:27
And people thought I was harsh. :p

Gutlord Grom
17-02-2009, 03:49
One minor note on IG metal models: its oddly easier to have metal models used in a variety of rules. Very few metal models, like Kell, have any regiment specific markings, so a Cadian officer model is just as good for any other regiment. Marines however suffer from a lot of Chapter specific metal models which tend to have big obvious symbols on them.

souljaking09
17-02-2009, 04:42
Don't whine, it's unbecoming.

Short answer for the op: because they just didn't do specific models for all the variations previously, although they seem to be filling in those oversights with a lot of the new IG releases coming up.

Thought of the day: Post smarter, not harder.

im not whining, im honored. you all need to chill man, im just having a little fun on the forums. even when i admit to being hated, i still get slammed. i apologize to anyone i have offended by my numerous posts.

Wiseman
17-02-2009, 08:49
Well, looks like i am the most hated person on warseer.

Oh please, not everyone on Warseer knows you:p

By not doing every option for every army, it then gives you the encouragement to convert for your army.

Brimstone
17-02-2009, 08:56
Lets keep this a little more polite please chaps otherwise I will be displeased.

The Warseer Inquisition

genestealer_baldric
17-02-2009, 10:49
when two people with fixed ideas clash things can sometimes turn a bit mean, so you sometimes have to grown some thick-skin or ignore them ;)
anyways the mods step in genrally to stop lots of mud being thrown :)

all these new guard realses make me whant to start a IG army, and so hopefully in the near futer IG will be "unscrambled". i love the idea of the ordinace IG HQ who can call down diffrent bombardments each turn

EDIT: opps didnt realise a mod was allready here, kinda proves my point though:)

ash_wednesday
17-02-2009, 12:06
I think us guard players can consider ourselves very lucky. What other army has whole different ranges of models to represent the same unit? Marines almost have that, but chapters just have different colors and sometimes they get an accessorie sprue.

That would be a good idea for IG as well. Accessories packs for IG with the different mainstream IG armies. Mostly different style heads, weapons..etc. Would be cool.

souljaking09
18-02-2009, 01:31
ive seen a few pics of the catachan command squad, but not of the squad in it's entirety. i like the bearer and the officer with the hat. that's all ive seen and i am impressed.

Sir_Turalyon
18-02-2009, 01:51
GW was always giving different weapon options to different guard units, especialy in metal ranges. For instance, Steel Legion had plasma and grenade launcher models, but no flamer, melta, autocannon or mortar I know of; I've never seen vostryan missle launcher, meltagun or autocannon, only vostryanm catachans and cadians have human sniper models and so on. Perhaps GW wants to give each regiment individual "feel" by each not having some weapons, perhaps making each option for each regiment is not cost-effective.

As for demo charges, they were originaly a Last Chancers gear (unique weapon used by unique character), then they appeared in Codex: Catachans; only in 3.5 edition Guard codex they were given to all guard regiments. Hence only demo charge models are Catachan and Last Chancer.

TheEndIsHere
18-02-2009, 02:02
Umm dude, you aren't the most hated person on Warseer, although you can be.

You see, the guy with the red avatar that looks like a monster, Brimstone, the expression everydog and his grandma, thats Him, He is every dog, every grandma, He is you, He is Chuck Norris, He is the Alpha, He the is the Omega, He is the envoy of beguinning, He the bringer of the end. You are not the most hated person on warseer unless he hates you, then everyone in the world hates you. Until then, He is the most hated person on Warseer and the most love, for He, is everything.

If I get banned, I want my last words to look cool, and to inform people to not mess with Him...

Remember

On warseer

~War is Peace~
~Freedom is Slavery~
~Ignorance is Strength~

TheEndIsHere

But really:P

I think GW is doing that for the old gamers who would be angry to see Cadian Demo Charges or anything like that...

GW doesn't HATE the vets:P

Lord Cook
18-02-2009, 03:48
If I get banned, I want my last words to look cool, and to inform people to not mess with Him...

At least you went out with style. Nice knowing you... :p

NotElite
18-02-2009, 03:55
The Catachans have that badass, desperate, I'll carry a satchel charge and shove it down your throat style. They are all Rambo. Cadian pussies wear helmets.

That is the difference.

Inquisitor Engel
18-02-2009, 03:55
I really, really like the Catachan banner, all furled up and held like a banner really would be.

decker_cky
18-02-2009, 07:00
I'm surprised they didn't put plastic demo charges on the new command sprue. Seems like a perfect place to integrate that with minimal sprue space. Certainly seems more worthwhile than adding a sniper there when they already have great snipers (for both plastic ranges actually).