PDA

View Full Version : Gobbo Sprues

WarriorOfJustice
05-12-2005, 19:58
Gobbos come with Hand Weapons and Shields automatically, but the sprue has shields and spears.....where do you get the HW's from or even a right arm for that matter??

Lady's Champion
05-12-2005, 20:10
lol the time honoured question!

Chuffy
05-12-2005, 20:12
I think Cpt Drill should take a look at this thread, he had a great time converting his gobbos to carry handweapons.

Things like Skaven and Dwarf arms work the best, since they are all pretty cartoony and so can fit on a goblin quite well.

Cpt. Drill
05-12-2005, 20:16
*SIGH*

Yes I wanted eco-goblin units of 25goblins with a Musician and I had to do handswaps for 50 goblins befor i got bored... luckily I had collected the other two members of the 'BIG HAND ALLIANCE' (dwarfs, skaven and goblins all have giant hands!?) so the hand swaps all look pretty natural....

But god damn.. they are 2pts each...

strv
05-12-2005, 20:23
First and most simple solution(sp?) is handswapping with hands which has wepeons, as allready said.
But if you don't have an earlier army, the thing you do is taking all swords from the sprue. Cut down spears to only the blade, thus becoming a knife.
Shape the bow to a knife, cut down spears so they become clubs.
And if it is night goblins, then take the skaven drumstick thing, as a mace.

WarriorOfJustice
05-12-2005, 20:35
I think cutting the spears to look like a knife ends up looking crappy. I am going to cut the bottom part of the spear and the part right before the blade, so I'll have a unit of club wielding Gobbos!! Thanks for the input

mooze
06-12-2005, 01:42
empire militia sprue leftovers,scale is good and lots of weapons choices!(it helps if you also play empire so you already have them)