PDA

View Full Version : Terrain in 7th box set.

EvilIncarnate
05-12-2005, 20:59
What do guys want to be in the new box set? I am hoping it will be plastic orc huts. We know it is going to be Dwarfs and O&G in the box set. This should narrow it down a bit.

Reabe
05-12-2005, 22:34
As far as we know, it'll be Goblins and a Troll (Maybe more than one.) on the Greenskin side. A couple of huts, or maybe hills will be most acruate. Maybe a hill to act as an entry-way to a Dwarf Mine of some sort.

Jedi152
06-12-2005, 11:15
Hows about the dwarf terrain we saw from GD?

Avian
06-12-2005, 11:46
Aren't you optimistic! :D

I wouldn't be suprised if you got one of those new plastic hills along with a mine entrance and a barricade or something, but a complete brewery? Keep dreaming! :D

Nineswords
06-12-2005, 11:59
A dead plastic giant would actually be awesome.

Blackadder
06-12-2005, 13:39
I wouldn't be suprised if you got one of those new plastic hills along with a mine entrance and a barricade or something, but a complete brewery? Keep dreaming! :D
The hills are from the Battle of Five Armies box, so I don't think they are going to be part of the WHFB box.

boogle
06-12-2005, 15:54
but they have been re-released on their own, the mine, huts thing seems the most plauseable to be honest

BlazeXI
07-12-2005, 07:41
Hows about the dwarf terrain we saw from GD?

Not all of us could attend to GamesDay UK and the GW representatives do not care about polish fans. So at our games Day (in april) and they hardly bring anything new to show. And we can forget of getting limited minis as in England they get it in september and we cannot be before that (but it is ok to get it in America in march:cheese: )

Anyway to the point:
not all of us have seen the Dwarf terrain you're refering to. Please post some links:)

Jedi152
07-12-2005, 08:11
Not all of us could attend to GamesDay UK and the GW representatives do not care about polish fans. So at our games Day (in april) and they hardly bring anything new to show. And we can forget of getting limited minis as in England they get it in september and we cannot be before that (but it is ok to get it in America in march:cheese: )

Anyway to the point:
not all of us have seen the Dwarf terrain you're refering to. Please post some links:)
I didn't go to GD, the pics were posted here.

But for the life of me i can't find them. :confused:

I spent ages yesterday looking through the gallery and through past posts in Fantasy News & Rumour, but to no avail. I'll try again today.

Basically there was a Dwarven Road, Some Dwarf Statues, and some Brewery type buildings.

Stu
07-12-2005, 12:40

Some of us don't even have proper GW representatives:cries:

Anyways it will probably be some ruins, some lose material and perhaps a hill if it goes anything like the other sets.
I do hope that like the last time we see an improvement in the terrain pieces they pack into the box.

SO MANY NEW THINGS:eek:
GOT TO GET THEM ALL;)

BlazeXI
07-12-2005, 13:21
I didn't go to GD, the pics were posted here.

But for the life of me i can't find them. :confused:

I spent ages yesterday looking through the gallery and through past posts in Fantasy News & Rumour, but to no avail. I'll try again today.

Basically there was a Dwarven Road, Some Dwarf Statues, and some Brewery type buildings.

Sound like the terrain pieces at the back cover of current White Dwarf (312?).

By the way, have you noticed, that the Dwarf Regiments on that picture are duplicated in Photoshop. Basicly you see there 2 units of slayers in two different spots and after looking closely these are the same models. They did not even bother to swap front rank minis around. The same goes to all other unit types. I have noticed that both Slayer units have the same (new) bannertop. That got me thinking:wtf: why would they not use different bannertops for such a splendid army and looked more closely to this pic.

BlazeXI
07-12-2005, 13:43
Some of us don't even have proper GW representatives:cries:

You surely have some GW salesmen visiting independent retailers. I was refering to these people. We don't have a GW store either.

Avian
07-12-2005, 13:44
The hills are from the Battle of Five Armies box, so I don't think they are going to be part of the WHFB box.
That doesn't have to mean anything. Those (useless) buildings from the 6th edition starter set were from Mordheim.

Jedi152
07-12-2005, 13:51
Sound like the terrain pieces at the back cover of current White Dwarf (312?).
If you get the UK White Dwarf, then yes it is ... i think.

Cpt. Drill
07-12-2005, 20:28
Seeing as the new box will be like battle of mc cragg where the terrain was really really good! I expect the mine entrance and maybe some objective and hill or something...!

Griefbringer
07-12-2005, 20:48
By the way, have you noticed, that the Dwarf Regiments on that picture are duplicated in Photoshop.

Yep, I noticed this almost immediately upon looking at the back cover. Shame on them! I can be impressed by a real sight of a lot of models, but I won't be impressed by somebody photoshopping a few models to look like they were many. And it is not the first time - they did it at least for the zombie pirate regiment on the website (6 zombies photoshopped to look like 20).

Back to the topic, whatever terrain there will be in the 7th edition boxed set, it cannot be worse than what was included in the 6th edition boxed set - one ruined building recycled from Mordheim. Nice piece us such, but a bit low in quantity and usefulness. That said, with the limited amount of space in the boxed set it is difficult to include there a bunch of hills and a whole forest.

Avian
08-12-2005, 08:45
I assume that part of the reason they are making a smaller version of the rulebook to go in the starter sets is to allow more room for terrain and things like that. The LotR one certainly had a lot of components, it was almost like when I bought the old Warhammer Quest set. :)

Morph
08-12-2005, 14:49
I can't really see it being Orc huts, they're quite army-specific and you'd have to wonder why every battle has some Orc huts in it.

Working backwards, the previous editions have included: Mordheim ruined building (ok looking but rubbish for Warhammer), card buildings and card buildings. Looks like human buildings are popular.

A hill is quite a big piece of terrain, I can't see that being included. Trees are highly unlikely unless there's a new rubbish plastic tree they are going to unveil.

I'm thinking its human village buildings again, possibly ruined.

LaughinGremlin
08-12-2005, 16:58
The broken dwarf statues can be on a sprue in theory, and not take up much space in a box like a hill would. I'd bet my battalion on dwarf ruins being available.

Crazy Harborc
08-12-2005, 20:08
I assume that part of the reason they are making a smaller version of the rulebook to go in the starter sets is to allow more room for terrain and things like that. The LotR one certainly had a lot of components, it was almost like when I bought the old Warhammer Quest set. :)

Yeah, I bought the 40K starter set with the "smaller rulebook" With my vision problems I had to buy the full size version to be able to read the darn rules.

IMHO, "starter sets" should include full(size) versions of rules.

Hal
09-12-2005, 04:03
The broken dwarf statues can be on a sprue in theory, and not take up much space in a box like a hill would. I'd bet my battalion on dwarf ruins being available.

That's quite a bet there :p

is there a chance they could re-create some of the old dwarf terrain (not all of it, obviously) from Grudge of Drong?

~Hal|That'd be the day...~