PDA

View Full Version : From War to Strategy: making profiles from the New War minis

Joewrightgm
17-02-2009, 02:54
So I'm just kind of playing around, and would like to try some of these profiles from War of the Ring playable with Lord of the Rings: Strategy Battle Game, a-like so:

Easterling King:

Points Value: 70

F S D A W C M/W/F
5 4 6 2 2 5 2/2/1

Wargear: King's Sword (Elven Blade), Heavy Armor

May have the following at additional cost:
Armored Horse 15
Shield 5

Basically this is a King of Men profile with an elven blade with options matching those available to Easterling Captains, so you could concievably have a king leading Kataphracts.

Morannon Orc Shaman

Points Value: 55

F S D A W C M/W/F
3 4 5 1 2 5 1/3/1

Wargear: the Morannon Orc Shaman carries a spear and wears heavy Armor.

Magical Powers:
Fury. Dice score to use: 3+
Transfix. Dice score to use: 5+

Definitly more of a flavor piece than for competitive or 'practical' gaming, and simply helps tie the force together, rather than having a weedy 'common' orc shaman hiding behind your shield wall.

Option for Morrannon Orcs:
Banner (maximum one per hero included in the same force) 30pts

Because of all the orcs permited to wear Sauron's red into battle, they can't have a standard? Please!

This is all for now. If anyone wants to jump in and throw out stats for the other races that now have cool looking models, please do!

VeriNasti
17-02-2009, 08:09
As i play Lotr elves, i would guess for the Guards of Lorien
Points - 25
F S D A W C
6/- 4 6 2 1 6
With heavy armour and pike

Bodyguard, Terror, woodland creature

Being the bodyguard for Celeborn and Galafriel, you would say that these guys would be pretty strong

Can't wait for the new galadrim models

lotrchampion
17-02-2009, 11:20
You do realise they will be releasing SBG profiles in WD and on the website for the WotR profiles that don't have SBG equivalents as the models for them are released? :)

Joewrightgm
17-02-2009, 12:55
oh. Wah wah waaaaaah.

Call me impatient, lol