PDA

View Full Version : Thunderfire Loota??

MortalTurky
17-02-2009, 09:41
I was right now in the local game store, and saw a quite cool model. Itīs package read Thunderfire cannon, and i remembered a text in codex Orks which said that some Painboys and Mekboys worked together to creat Cyborks, who where Machine than Ork.
So i was wondering if i might use that one to have a Loota with a really big gun and tracks, without having to pay for a cybork body?
I think this would be really cool, but i dont now if the rules allow it.....

Thanks in beforehand//
MortalTurky

MasterGideon
17-02-2009, 09:57
Only way I would see that happening as if it was a Warboss, so go buy both Gazgull and the Thunderfire and see what crazyness you can make up!

MasterGideon

Born Again
17-02-2009, 10:05
It sounds cool and definitely orky in terms of the fluff, however I'm not sure how you would work it in the game. Warbosses aren't allowed any weapons that size anymore, the biggest they can get their hands on is a TW shoota. What about a Big Mek with cybork body and kustom mega-blasta? I'd be willing to accept that. If you go ahead with it, make sure you post pics!

Providence
17-02-2009, 10:14
You could easily use it as a conversion for a Shokk Attack Gun on a Big Mek, so that he is actually a part of the gun lol, that actually sounds like an interesting conversion, hmmm :D

Corrode
17-02-2009, 10:18
Why not model 5 Orks scrambling all over it and counting it as representing half a unit or something? As long as all of the models it represents are shown (so that your opponent doesn't have to keep track) it should be fine. Maybe not something to take to a tournament, but definitely a fun piece for the LGS.

genestealer_baldric
17-02-2009, 10:35
You could use it as cannon battery as your heavy surpport choice, but i like the idea yeah photos would be kool when your finished ;)

TheOverlord
17-02-2009, 11:24
Why not model 5 Orks scrambling all over it and counting it as representing half a unit or something? As long as all of the models it represents are shown (so that your opponent doesn't have to keep track) it should be fine. Maybe not something to take to a tournament, but definitely a fun piece for the LGS.

This. Come on, it'll be hilarious :D

Corrode
17-02-2009, 11:54
I hadn't thought of big guns. It could make an excellent zzap gun.

Mannimarco
17-02-2009, 12:19
nah its a lobba, a big 'un

MortalTurky
21-02-2009, 09:47
so it cant be an ordinary loota with that gun instead of the normal deffgun? If it makes it possible to have that gun i might think to skip the track. But would be better with tracks I think

Metaphorazine
21-02-2009, 13:38
Well that depends what you're asking. You could make a Loota with that gun model, but rules-wise he'd still be firing a standard deff-gun. Which is stoopid, that gun model is too big/imperial to represent a deffgun imo, though I havn't seen it personally. Or you could use that gun model converted a bit as something else in the ork codex which would make a bit more sense, Mek with SaG has been suggested. But ruleswise you can't use that gun model on anything in an Ork army as a Thunderfire cannon. It's not legal.

Maybe you should explain a bit better exactly what it is you're trying to do.

Blue Orphen
21-02-2009, 13:45
Something that big, with that much DAKKA involved, would belong to the biggest Big Mek in the Waaagh!...or the Warboss, but he wouldn't have time to use it because he'd be busy krumpin', so his Big Mek would operate it.

I have been working on something I'm calling the "Thunda-dakka Kannon", a huge pile of bits in the vague shape of a Thunderfire Cannon that will be a "counts-as" Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun.

MortalTurky
02-03-2009, 18:22
Im thinking of a Loota wielding it as a ordinary deffgun, since looted it from a destroyed bunker:evilgrin:

is that possible?

Kelpi
02-03-2009, 18:45
Im dubious, the size difference and capability difference is pretty big.

I could theoretically see it representing 5 lootas as long as there are the appropriate number of crew are there. Its still a bit of a wysiwyg nightmare but if you draw los from the crew and just ignore the gun its doable.

MortalTurky
02-03-2009, 20:17
its then better to use it on a big mek than on a ordinary loota?

Kalec
02-03-2009, 21:54
Use it to represent a big mek with the SAG. Nothing else fits.

Treadhead_1st
02-03-2009, 23:48
Hmm, I love the idea from this.

How about using it as a weapon for a Mega-Armoured Warboss? Stats-wise it's still only a TL-Shoota, but it should look pretty awesome, no?

I 'gree with the others that the weapon would have to be on some sort of character, or as a part of a squad - it's too big n shiny to belong to a normal boy (and Warboss.Mek worth his teeth is going to nick it first chance he gets).

How about using it on a Battlewagon (treat it as a Kannon and 2 Big Shootas or something)?

Blue Orphen
03-03-2009, 15:35
You'd need a pretty damn big Warboss to arm him with a Thunderfire cannon, even if you strip out the armor and just use the gun barrel.

I mean, the thing is bigger than a Marine!

MortalTurky
03-03-2009, 20:41
well truth is, that i never saw itīs actual size, i just saw the package and thought. Dakka to Da DAkkabringas (my loota skwad)
I dont know how big it actually is
But then it would be some kind of vehicle mounted killer or what?