PDA

View Full Version : The hardest, cheesiest, most badass enemy ever!

XXL
17-02-2009, 17:22
Whats the hardest, most dumbass, pure evil list you ever played against in 7th edition? :)

Pinball wizard!
17-02-2009, 21:38
well i don't know if this fits the criteria but me and a mate played a doubles tournement which was like 500pts per player and some really evil guy had taken a steam tank, i looked as he put the tank down and though as many of us do "how the hell am i going to kill that".

funny thing is, we won!

oh yeah and last week i played a deamons army....................nuff said.

Laughingmonk
17-02-2009, 22:21
I play empire, and I currently face rather decent opponents.

If it came down to the one army I would hate to face, it would probably be slaanesh daemons. They would spam siren song, their ridiculous banners, the masque, along with the the ridiculous icon of despair, and probably table my army by turn three. And there would be nothing I could do about it.

Makaber
17-02-2009, 23:36
I guess the worst I've fought was a Slaaneshi Daemons Ld bomb army. I was playing Tomb Kings, and even being immune to psychology it was a mouthful. I did fairly decent until he finally got Temptator through on my Tomb King who mowed down half his Tomb Guard regiment with his Destroyer of Eternities, and it went downhill from there. :(

That said, I did a lot of stupid mistakes, and would probably do better at least, if I had a rematch.

w3rm
18-02-2009, 00:09
20 Skaven Slaves :P

On a more serious note I play old Lizzies alot (my buds haven't gotten the new book) and I must say Stegadon is a real pain for my skaven on G&G(I don't have a spear chukka).

Stmr5000
18-02-2009, 01:23
I really hate warriors, especially if they roll the spell pandemonium. I had once rolled irresistible force, then my opponent reminded me that "Oh, look, doubles are miscast!" Grrr...

WhiteKnight
18-02-2009, 04:19
Probably a special character heavy WoC list. Archaon, festus, and some other guy. Backed up by 1 unit of warriors and 2 units of marauders, hell cannon, and chaos knights.

havoc626
18-02-2009, 06:38
I'd probably also say the Slannesh Ld bomb, as it is just plain deadly against the majority of armies out there, and those immune to it will have a hard time against the daemons themselves. I've had the bad luck to have Phantasmoria in play, within range of the Icon of Dispair and have my opponent cast a few Slicing Shards of Slannesh all in the one magic phase. Needless to say that there was nothing left of any of the squads targeted by the spells.

There are other annoying armies out there though.

genestealer_baldric
18-02-2009, 07:07
lord mazzimundi in a squad of 24 templeguard with full command and chackax (sp) things just bounce off them :(

Tyranno1
18-02-2009, 08:07
Slaanesh LD bomb.

Also vampire invo spam I hate the most. "Oh look I can field far more points than you, its sooo fair" _.

bork da basher
18-02-2009, 08:20
i tried out finally my all cav khorne warriors of chaos list the other day and it just steamrollered the enemy, turn 3 wipeout boo yeah!! exalted with filth mace/enchanted shield on jugger, exalted BSB with banner of the gods on jugger and exalted with flail on khorne chariot. 4 units of hounds, 3 units of MoK flail horsemen and 4 MoK knights units.
more or less everything got to charge in round two and everything was dead or running away by the end of turn 3. twin terror bombing exalteds and 20 khorne knights = the win

played against some nasty armies before, the thorek gunline is sick, the bloodthirster, flesh hound horror spam list is nasty, dark elf monster mash with black dragon and two hydras etc etc.

Nicha11
18-02-2009, 08:26
Kroak, Tetto'ekko and Chakkax together with 31 Temple Guard.

There is not a force in the Warhammer unvierse that can halt such a unit.

Gharof von Carstein
18-02-2009, 08:34
ya right its that bad with the temple guard?

Nicha11
18-02-2009, 09:03
ya right its that bad with the temple guard?

It is with those guys in the unit.

The Red Scourge
18-02-2009, 09:13
i tried out finally my all cav khorne warriors of chaos list the other day and it just steamrollered the enemy, turn 3 wipeout boo yeah!!

And what would have happened if your enemy had had the first turn.

Enemy turn 1: Land harpies, furies, eagles, fast cavalry etc. in the middle of the field. Remove warhound screen.

WoC Turn 1: Crash knights into each other, expose flanks shout wild curses.

Turn 2: Countercharge knights, hit exposed flanks with cannonballs and bolt throwers. Make chaos player cry :evilgrin:

Pinball wizard!
18-02-2009, 09:19
Apparently so, i haven't played against the new lizzies yet but i'm going to have to be careful when i do.

bork da basher
18-02-2009, 10:04
And what would have happened if your enemy had had the first turn.

Enemy turn 1: Land harpies, furies, eagles, fast cavalry etc. in the middle of the field. Remove warhound screen.

WoC Turn 1: Crash knights into each other, expose flanks shout wild curses.

Turn 2: Countercharge knights, hit exposed flanks with cannonballs and bolt throwers. Make chaos player cry

he did have the first turn, he was using dwarfs (our supposed bane army) i lost several minis but still hit home on turn two, he didnt take a gyro so march blocking wasnt an option for him, i did suffer a bit to his cannon, organ gun and two bolt throwers but any other army would have done too, proberly much worse in fact because as a mounted army i got to combat about 1-2 turns sooner than a footslogging army would have.

not every army i play against has access to these things and besides ive been playing this game for 15 years and have played khorne lists in 3 editions of the game so i know what im doing with the army and i know the risks involved in taking a frenzy heavy list.

i posted up the list because it was incredibly powerful and despite its obvious weakness (frenzy) it still performed against an army that generally thrashes all comers. just trying to contribute to the thread you know. :rolleyes:

The Red Scourge
18-02-2009, 11:45
Sorry Bork. I just had to point out the inherent weakness of the list.

I too have run a lot of khornate cavalry. The cheese part in the new WoC is that you can both use the frenzied marauder horsemen and the sacrificial dogs to screen the heavy knights – and there really is something quite appropriate for WoC starting the game by showing the enemy their backside ;)

Maetco
20-02-2009, 18:55
I don't know if it's the hardest, cheesiest or the most badass army but probably the most annoying when the opponent gets it to work. I'm also giving a vote to LD Slaanesh. In one game I (yes I'm the ******* using such an army) got 34 S5 hits with the slicing shards of Slaanesh and as you all probably already know, auts-time for the receiver.

NecronBob
20-02-2009, 20:19
What is this LD Slaanesh army? No one in this area plays deamons, so even at tourneys, I've never seen the army (maybe I'm lucky that way?).

Is it just the -2 banner, phantasmorgia, and cacophany? Or is there more to it? Is the only defense lots of MR, or is there something else you can do to counter it?

I'm really just curious since its come up so much in this thread.

librisrouge
20-02-2009, 21:59
I hate Slann with the ability to ignore normal ranged weapons and then have a +2 ward against ranged attacks. Playing dwarves, only my rune machines can even hurt him (1/6 of the time that they would have normally) and I'm almost certain to not catch him in melee.

Laughingmonk
21-02-2009, 04:06
Kroak, Tetto'ekko and Chakkax together with 31 Temple Guard.

There is not a force in the Warhammer unvierse that can halt such a unit.

No, but I would imagine there are many that can avoid it....

WhiteKnight
21-02-2009, 04:15
laughingmonk is right. Just kill everything around it, then avoid it and laugh as it tries to kill you.

Johnnyfrej
21-02-2009, 08:24
Hasn't there been like twently of these "OMG post teh cheez listz plz" thread this week?

Captain Plowman
21-02-2009, 08:53
I'm playing a tournament this weekend and there is a Lizardmen army there with 6 stegadons in 2250pts. I could smell the cheese from the next room.

Putty
21-02-2009, 09:13
I'm playing a tournament this weekend and there is a Lizardmen army there with 6 stegadons in 2250pts. I could smell the cheese from the next room.

Wow... sounds like Warhammer Fantasy has its own version of Nidzilla... xD

fubukii
22-02-2009, 08:03
i think that stegadons are really just over pointed chariots :x

Now imagnie if you have to face a army with 16 tuskgor chariots :(

fluffstalker
22-02-2009, 10:47
Well Whitenkight and Monk, its not really that simple, most armies like that you can at beast draw them unless you play a similarly silly list. This is because there is just too much point sunk into the unit, and then probably a few terradons to contest quarters or march block you.

However I can see why the Lizzie deathstar wouldnt be as good as say, a GG deathstar whom the VC player can assisst with raised units. This would nullify its lack of mobility and give him the ability to grab quarters. He also could danse it around.

Buddha777
22-02-2009, 13:31
No, but I would imagine there are many that can avoid it....

Fair point but Kroak will be casting death incarnate all around him so you ignore the deathstar at your own peril. That said, I don't want to even think of the point costs on that sucker :eek: