PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Terminator and Terminator Champ

Silverbullet5774
17-02-2009, 19:39
So I want to run my five terminators as terminator champions. I was looking at the images of each on GW's website, and cannot see any major discernable difference between the two. Does it defy WYSIWYG to use regular terminators as champs? and if so, how can I modify my terminators to make them champs?

Invid
17-02-2009, 19:45
in the space marine codex it says that the Iron Skull is given to champions. So if yoaur terminators had a skull on their foreheads ort on their chestplate then it would be WYSIWYG from a fluff and rules standpoint.

Fay_Redd
17-02-2009, 19:49
Well, in the ways of converting, you could add some daemonic possessions from a possesed box, maybe add some extra bits from vehicle upgrade sprue, that sorta thing.

Gray Hunter
17-02-2009, 23:31
Traditionally, I would have the Terminator with the biggest tusks as the Champion. A cool bare head would also work to help him stand out. With Chaos Champions, they are really just the "first amongst equals" anyway. It's not like Imperial Marines where there are specific insignia to mark them out (and incidentally broadcast "place headshot here" to snipers everywhere).

Silverbullet5774
18-02-2009, 00:21
in the space marine codex it says that the Iron Skull is given to champions. So if yoaur terminators had a skull on their foreheads ort on their chestplate then it would be WYSIWYG from a fluff and rules standpoint.
This is what I was primarily looking for, must have missed the Iron Skull thing in the Codex, thanks!

Well, in the ways of converting, you could add some daemonic possessions from a possesed box, maybe add some extra bits from vehicle upgrade sprue, that sorta thing.
This might look pretty darn cool, I'll be thinking about giving them some spikes and whatnot.

Traditionally, I would have the Terminator with the biggest tusks as the Champion. A cool bare head would also work to help him stand out. With Chaos Champions, they are really just the "first amongst equals" anyway. It's not like Imperial Marines where there are specific insignia to mark them out (and incidentally broadcast "place headshot here" to snipers everywhere).

The entire squad is going to be 5 terminator champs with dual lightning claws and MoK (or MoS... not sure yet) loaded into a possessed land raider, so I think the snipers are gonna want to be shooting all of them when they get there chance.:D

Culven
18-02-2009, 00:27
The entire squad is going to be 5 terminator champs with dual lightning claws and MoK (or MoS... not sure yet) loaded into a possessed land raider, so I think the snipers are gonna want to be shooting all of them when they get there chance.:D
Hehe, I just this past Saturday played against someone using 4 Lightning Claw Terminators with MoN and Typhus. The arrived via Deep Strike, and I proceeded to assault them with a squad of Sentinels. I effectivly neutralized the unit for the entire game. My opponent learned two important things. One, a Powerfist might be a good investment, and two, don't Deep Strike a unit that can't handle Vehicles in front of a squad of Sentinels.

The Land Raider is a good choice for issue two. I have always thought that Deep Striking a unit of Assault based Terminators was a waste.

pookie
18-02-2009, 09:36
This is what I was primarily looking for, must have missed the Iron Skull thing in the Codex, thanks!

This might look pretty darn cool, I'll be thinking about giving them some spikes and whatnot.

Run them with the MoS its much more useful than the MoK - 5 attacks on the charge with re rolls to wound at I5 is better imo than 6 attacks at I4 with RR.