PDA

View Full Version : Magic and shooty heavy dark elves 2k

Adam87
17-02-2009, 19:32
Hey. I already have a dark elve army but I want a massive army so decided to come up a very different 2k list. Any help would be nice.

Supreme sorceress, extra level, pendant of khaeleth, focus familiar, dragon.

640pts.

Sorceress, extra level, sacrificial dagger.

160pts

Sorceress, darkstar cloak.

160pts

10 warriors.

60pts

10 Crossbowmen

100pts

10 Crossbowmen

100pts

5 Dark riders, crossbows, musician

117pts

5 Dark riders, crossbows, musician

117pts

7 Shades, great weapons.
Assassin, extra hand weapon, manbane, reading stars.

277pts

7 Shades, great weapons.
Assassin, extra hand weapon, manbane, reading stars.

277pts

The main plan is to use the dragon and dark riders to march block whilst my gun line picks things apart. Then fight in combat with my shades and dragon when it suits me. Anyone use an army like this? If so can you tell me how you get on with it? Cheers.

Malorian
17-02-2009, 19:42
The problem I see are the regular sorcerers. They don't have any solid unit to join. For the sorcerer with the dagger that means that one turn two her unit is probably having to already make a panic test for the losses, and both have to worry about getting caught and giving up easy Vps.

You might be planning to have them join the shades but that really depends on the terrain and the situation.

I'd really think about dropping something to either put those sorcerers on steeds or provide them with a solid block to hide in.

Adam87
17-02-2009, 19:53
I know I was worried about that too. I was thinking about droping the warriors and adding dark steads. Then drop the dagger and add three power stones. What do you think? Do you think the list has the power to stop armys with its shooting and magic? I have never had a shooty fantasy army.

Malorian
17-02-2009, 20:52
I know I was worried about that too. I was thinking about droping the warriors and adding dark steads. Then drop the dagger and add three power stones. What do you think? Do you think the list has the power to stop armys with its shooting and magic? I have never had a shooty fantasy army.

That would help a lot.

It will take some getting used to, but I'm sure once you are well practiced with the list it will do very well.

Adam87
17-02-2009, 21:21
Cheers for the help. I think Im facing woc on thursday with my dark elves. Think I will prob use my old list for that tho.