PDA

View Full Version : New Vampire count conversion ideas need advice!

Zachary
17-02-2009, 22:42
I am facinated by these vampires! They seem awesome!(unless im totaly wrong). Well heres my idea: A high elf army is travaling. A vampire is stalking them. It had somehow infiltrated Ulthuan and corrupted thew highest ranking nobles in the army. He then used the combined force of his own power and that of his pet nobles to shatter a waystone close by. The result was a magical explsion that froze time in place around these elves. The elves souls were forsaken but their bodies were frozen in time(like some say are those of vampires) The only survivors were the vampire and his undead nobles. They used there powers to force the corpses to call back their souls and obey them. now theres an army that wont cost the additional money to buy new heads and stuff. and i already own a large high elf army. I would say silver helms are black nights and they are slowed down because the vampires cannot comand such force without a small delay as they must maintain their commande over the other undead as well. The wights and ethreal creatures can just be the souls of those elves that had been slayn for the vampires to feed on and were trapped in the mortal real, by the freeze in time.
There you go
plz tell me your oppinion on my idea

Sifal
17-02-2009, 23:17
high elves seem a bit noble and 'too good' to ever be corrupted by necromancy. To me undead elves just never seem right. just my opinion though. If you do do it you'd have to make sure that it is obvious at a glance that it is a VC army and not high elves so don't scrimp on conversions and 'dead' bits too much.

Kronos
17-02-2009, 23:27
it has been done, theme was a blood dragon army ... the high elf prince/ vampire lord being from caledor, i believe prince tyrion was used for the conversion, nerco's were mages. Great eagles converted a bit for fell bats and high elves kitbashed with skeletons... though a simple paint scheme can make any model look dead/risen from the dead.

There is also a great project log here on warseer with this theme, i can't remember the members name but he did an outstanding job of kitbashing units to make a unique theme and his dire wolves were converted to look like rotting white lions.

It's a tried and tested theme and if you focus on each unit inidvidually instead of just trying to keep a coherrent them the army will look brilliant, reaosn i say that is because undead really are a big mox of undead units, so when it comes to high elves do not just stick to one region (ie cledor, Ellryian, go for the whole lot and just go mad (if you wish) with conversions.

Have a look at elf models from other armies (wood or dark) as those arer a tad more grim and could be intresting to add a unit of say cold one knights with some conversions as blood knights (cheap blood knights at that ;))... you could even run a theme where the Dark elves are the only vampire type models and high elves are the risen foot troops (zombies, skellies etc).

Hope that helps.

Draxas
17-02-2009, 23:36
I am facinated by these vampires! They seem awesome!(unless im totaly wrong). Well heres my idea: A high elf army is travaling. A vampire is stalking them. It had somehow infiltrated Ulthuan and corrupted thew highest ranking nobles in the army. He then used the combined force of his own power and that of his pet nobles to shatter a waystone close by. The result was a magical explsion that froze time in place around these elves. The elves souls were forsaken but their bodies were frozen in time(like some say are those of vampires) The only survivors were the vampire and his undead nobles. They used there powers to force the corpses to call back their souls and obey them. now theres an army that wont cost the additional money to buy new heads and stuff. and i already own a large high elf army. I would say silver helms are black nights and they are slowed down because the vampires cannot comand such force without a small delay as they must maintain their commande over the other undead as well. The wights and ethreal creatures can just be the souls of those elves that had been slayn for the vampires to feed on and were trapped in the mortal real, by the freeze in time.
There you go
plz tell me your oppinion on my idea

To be honest, it seems a bit far-fetched. I can see vampires infiltrating the social structure of humans but not elves. When you live for hundreds or even thousands of years, your mental discipline and moral values are going to be many times that of an ordinary human. Elves don't seem like they would be tempted towards undeath, because where's the motivation? It's not like they don't live long enough already.

Far be it from me to squish your imagination though. If you want to do it and your opponents agree then fine. On the other hand you yourself said that this means you wouldn't have to shell out extra cash for a new army. Why don't you proxy VC this way for a few games and see if it's to your liking, and then start slowly buying your army? You could always proxy until it's done.

Zachary
18-02-2009, 21:27
Hey
I dont think the elves would have to agree to their transformation into a vampire. If a powerful vampire lord bit a elf lord then i think the elf might not have the strength of will to stop such a powerful and ancient creature. Anyway if the elf isnt a mage, the vampire can just use his powers to twist the elfs mind into thinking its what he wants

Sifal
18-02-2009, 22:16
this is what i mean, powerful high elves just seem like they would die if bitten not get turned and i think immortals like this with a higher state of mind than humans would not be subject to the beguiling affects of a vampire. imo they are just too clean....

Zachary
18-02-2009, 23:06
Once turned they would slowly lose emotion, and if the vampire kept them under lock and key for a while they would have no chance to kill themselves. The elves would not neccesairlily have to be "powerful" they would just be on an expedition or patrol around the borders of Ulthuan. The commander could be just a petty child of a mere 100 years old. He would not have the experiance against such creatures to stop their influence. They might not even realise since they would never have heard the legends shared by the humans. The mages would probably just be a young novice trying to gain experiance and power by slaying maurading beast and such.

darkace77450
18-02-2009, 23:56
high elves seem a bit noble and 'too good' to ever be corrupted by necromancy. To me undead elves just never seem right. just my opinion though. If you do do it you'd have to make sure that it is obvious at a glance that it is a VC army and not high elves so don't scrimp on conversions and 'dead' bits too much.

GW made a skeletal elf model for the Cursed Company, so at two people (the sculptor and the person who approved the model) think that in the Warhammer world elves are not too noble to be affected by necromancy.

If this were Middle Earth, I would be inclined to agree with you. But the Warhammer world is a much darker place where the concept of a noble or "too good" race isn't very present; even if they are trying to make it that way as of late.

Guardian_A
19-02-2009, 00:00
I saw a High Elf/Vampire Counts army done once. It was really cool looking. If you do the conversion, by all means, post some pics!!! I'd love to see them.

soultaker87
19-02-2009, 01:09
high elves seem a bit noble and 'too good' to ever be corrupted by necromancy.

and yet many of them were tempted by slannash and now we have dark elves. there are many ways they could of been corrupted, maybe one of the arrogant nobles decided to see how far into immortality he could go for an elf can live forever, but a sword to the gut can still kill ya.