PDA

View Full Version : WoC 1500

Used Car Salesman
17-02-2009, 21:43
Well after taking a decently long break from Fantasy I'm back at it and here is a 1500 pt list. I got kinda stuck with the last 100 pts so I just threw in more marauders.

Exalted Champion of Nurgle-176
Sword of Might
Shield
Favor of the Gods
Barded Horse

Sorcerer of Tzeentch-210
Lvl 2
Black Tongue
Disc of Tzeentch

Sorcerer of Tzeentch-215
Lvl 2
Disc of Tzeentch
Infernal Puppet
Conjoined Homonculus

25 Marauders-180
MoS
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

25 Marauders-180
MoS
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

20 Marauders-150
MoS
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

7 Chaos Knights-395
MoN
Full Command
Rage Banner

Neknoh
17-02-2009, 21:48
Incredibly small and lack support units, should those knights die, you've pretty much lost I fear. If you want that hard a centre, might I suggest swapping one of the Marauder units for a smaller unit of Warriors? Makes the army even smaller model-wise, but at least you have something to pick up where your Knights leave off.

Otherwise, dropping the 20 strong Marauder unit will net you one unit of 5 Marauder Horsemen with Flails, Musician and the Mark of Slaanesh allong with two units of Warhounds to help screen your knights with and support units as well.

Adam87
17-02-2009, 21:48
I like the list but I dont think you need the Exalted Champion with the knights. I would drop him for some hounds and marauder horsemen. Use the hounds to shield the knights from shooting and so stop ppl from baiting them. Hope this has helped.

Used Car Salesman
17-02-2009, 22:24
Alright revised and here it is.

Sorcerer of Tzeentch-210
Lvl 2
Black Tongue
Disc of Tzeentch

Sorcerer of Tzeentch-215
Lvl 2
Disc of Tzeentch
Infernal Puppet
Conjoined Homonculus

20 Marauders-150
MoS
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

20 Marauders-150
MoS
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

15 Warriors-270
Shields
Full Command

7 Chaos Knights-365
Full Command
Rage Banner

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Flails
MoS
Musician

5 Warhounds-30

5 Warhounds-30

Neknoh
17-02-2009, 22:31
Oh yes, THAT list looks good.

Do consider dropping 3 Warriors though, this will free up enough points to add around 4 Marauders to each Marauder unit to enable some losses to shooting before losing their rank. If you have 12 points over, Hallberds would be excellent to add to the Warriors as well.

Used Car Salesman
17-02-2009, 22:48
Oh i just realized I forgot to cop and paste the other sorcerer on here. I edited it into the revised list.

Neknoh
17-02-2009, 22:54
Drop the Black Tongue, not worth it on a sorceror with only two wounds and especially not at this points level. Drop the Tongue and get him the Golden Eye of Tzeentch and a Spell Familliar instead, a lot better for a flying spell battery.

You could drop the disc from the Puppeteer, replace it with a Steed or with him going on foot, you really don't want a scatter or a cannonball bounce to end up on top of him. Hiding in units is a tried and tested tactic, and it'll do the puppeteer a lot of good. Basically, at this points level, the Black Tongue is a waste of points.

Used Car Salesman
17-02-2009, 23:42
Oh by the way this army is mainly for fighting my friend's VC so I'm not too worried about cannonballs and the such. Likewise, my friend likes to take three vampires so I'm worried that if I hide him in a unit when the unit gets to combat the sorcerer will die in the resulting challenge. Magic missiles could be a slight problem but I would be more worried about them dying in cc.
Anyways here are the changes I've made. Got rid of MoN on the knights because its not that useful against VC and replaced Banner of Rage with MoK. Put the Sorcerer on foot and added in 5 more marauders.
Sorcerer of Tzeentch-200
Lvl 2
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Spell Familiar
Disc of Tzeentch

Sorcerer of Tzeentch-195
Lvl 2
Infernal Puppet
Conjoined Homonculus

25 Marauders-180
MoS
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

20 Marauders-150
MoS
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

15 Warriors-270
Shields
Full Command

7 Chaos Knights-360
Full Command
MoK

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Flails
MoS
Musician

5 Warhounds-30

5 Warhounds-30

Lafkak
18-02-2009, 04:17
Looks like a solid list to me. I usually run a list very, very similar to this one except it doesn't have the Marauder Horsemen. Instead I have two Spawn to protect from marchblockers or to add some CR to the Marauders' static CR, or even to redirect chargers or tarpit. Horsemen are definitely a viable option though, so that's not a critique.

If you want to make this an all-comers list, it might be worthwhile to slap a Blasted Standard on that unit (and/or make them Tzeentch), since I get the feeling this is a unit that's going to be riding up the flanks and might not always need the extra Khorne killyness and/or tendency to get redirected. If this unit is meant to go in your main battle line, forget what I've said, since it can probably hold its own slamming into someone's front and there's not much redirecting that they can do that won't end up into their other units (if you play it well).

Also, I'm always a little bit paranoid about my disc-rider, so I always go for the Enchanted Shield instead of the Spell Familiar. Since he only has two wounds I like having the 1+/3+ a lot more than a 3+/3+. Helps a lot with handgunners, or anything that has armor piercing really. I feel like in low-points games you're not going to be trying for Gateway so spell choice isn't AS crucial; of course, a well-placed Pandi or Treason is always nice.

Also, I feel that Bloodcurdling Roar might be really nice on your Disc rider if the VC player uses Blood Knights...killing even 1 Knight per shooting phase is worth it and you'll have easily made up the points back for the roar. Granted, you may not have points for it *shrug* I'm not going to suggest what you should/could cut :)

Finally, I know you might be concerned about your Sorc dying to a Vampire in challenges, but I still think he's better off in the Knight unit simply because he has a better armor save, one more S4 attack (horse), and the unit is less likely to get owned in combat (that is, if you stuck him with the marauders). Granted, sticking him in Marauders makes the opponent consider their priorities (Knights? Warriors? Marauders with Sorc?), but I think he would work well with the Knights. Have you given any thought to surprising your VC friend and zapping his General in a duel with your Sorcerer? It's almost assured that he'd accept a challenge from your Sorcerer with his General if he's able, and if you give your Sorc the silly surprising combo of Warrior Familiar and Word of Agony (+ Enchanted Shield / Sword of Might, depending if you want more offense or more defense) he can zap most stuff before it attacks (I don't know how nasty Thralls get in 1.5k, but I suspect that build might even prove dangerous). D6 S4 hits with no AS + 1 S5 hit + 3 S4 attacks might do the trick, you never know.

Anyway, those are just some things to consider that you've probably already thought about :) If not, glad I could help. That's all just suggestions though, I think you've built a solid list and I trust Neknoh's advice. Good luck and tell us how it performs!

Used Car Salesman
18-02-2009, 05:29
I see some very solid advice in here.
While a Blasted Standard is nice for dealing with skirmishers or shooting units I feel that to take it would mean getting rid of something else necessary. That being said, if I was going to get rid of some points to make room for some more stuff(which I probably will), it will most likely be the Mark of Khorne. Yeah it's nice, but they can reasonably be expected to deal with a lot of threats in the VC army, including a charge from a Varghulf, without it.
Again Bloodcurdling Roar is nice, but its another 20 points to get rid of. Now that I think about it, I could potentially take 5 marauders from the 25 unit.
Now as much as I like the idea of zapping the General, I do like to have the Puppet when I know an opponent will be running three mages, as a well placed Pandaemonium can ruin his day, especially when even if I kill the general, the only things that will be dying in droves are zombies, as the skeletons will have heroes in them and blood knights/black knights/grave guard are LD 8. Needless to say I'll consider it as that could be very fun.

Anyways thanks a lot for the advice I will definitely keep everyone posted of how this army does.

Neknoh
18-02-2009, 08:59
On the topic of Mark of Nurgle and Mark of Khorne, MoN+Banner of Rage is ESPECIALLY mean against Vampire Counts, since it means that unless he helmet-buffs his zombies, you are automatically hitting them... with ALL of your attacks. Are you really sure it's worth dropping?

EDIT: Furthermore, I really do reckommend Hallberds on those Warriors still, wounding on 2's and reducing the skellie save of 4+ to a 6+ is equally huge. Not to mention you can throw around 6 attacks at strength 5 against any vampire in the skellie unit.

Lafkak
18-02-2009, 17:10
I agree with Neknoh. In an all-comers list, like I said, it might be worth dropping a Knight for the Blasted Standard, but honestly against the VC the MoN + Banner of Rage can really mulch a lot of his units (I totally forgot that MoN reduces Zombies to WS0 and thus are hit automatically, good eye Neknoh).

I also agree about the halberds on the Warriors, just to threaten his vampires.

As for the sorcerer's equipment, the Puppet is definitely a solid alternative when he's leading his low-Ld blocks with heroes. You're right that zapping the general won't do you a great deal of good if he does that :) I wasn't sure if this was the kind of player who stacks his heroes in his uber-units to make mini-deathstars or if he distributes them evenly to make everything fairly good, now I see it's the latter. Cool, go with the Puppet and with Pandi make sure to pull his vampires into the Realm of Chaos :D