PDA

View Full Version : Fordidden Lore Help

WH40KAj
18-02-2009, 10:30
Quite a simple question, if I take forbidden law on a vampire and a lore from the rulebook, do I also get to take spells from lore of vampires equivalent to my level also?

I.e: I take lore of shadow with forbidden law then do I also get a spell from lore of vampires with a level 1 vampire?

Thanks,
WH40KAj

Lord Malorne
18-02-2009, 10:33
No, you do get Invocation though, in the VC's book the only one with more than one full lore is Lord choice Mannfred.

Spirit
18-02-2009, 11:34
Im not sure if there is actually a rule covering this and i is a bit vague, but i would also say no, forbidden lore replaces your rolled spells.

Asmodiseus
18-02-2009, 12:35
Actually it is not vague at all. It specifically states that in addition to IoN, the vampire knows either all the spells from the lore of vampires, or all the spells from one lore in the BRB (except for life)

I am not sure what is vague about that.

Neckutter
18-02-2009, 12:59
um, why on earth would you ever not take lore of vampires?
Lore of Vamps has a 2d6 S4 hits, curse of years(for big unit/cavalry killing), and the best spell ever VanHel's.

The Red Scourge
18-02-2009, 13:25
I am not sure what is vague about that.

That it doesn't directly exclude knowing both spells from Lore of Vampires and Lore of BRB. Mannfred indeed suggest that this is possible by knowing two lores (he being a special character of course allows him to know both lores fully).

Has this question been adressed in a FAQ?

nosferatu1001
18-02-2009, 13:44
It does specifically exclude knowing both - it states you know all the spells from vampires or..... - nowhere does it state you can also roll for spells. In fact you would most definitely replace the rolling for spells with "i know all this lore, so no roll" - the BRB talks about generating spells, well this method exclusively replaces the method for generating spells, i.e. overriding it.

Also, if it looks like an easter egg, it probably is one.

Next people will be saying Slaan can get a whole lore frmo BRB as well as their normal ones...hell, they could have 11 spells, the "all lore" discipline as well as the plaque to give them an extra spell

As for Mannfred setting a "precedent" - SC are in no way shape or form normal - the clue is in the name. Otherwise people would start saying that casting values of 20 are now normal as Kroak can do it.....