PDA

View Full Version : 1st game of Warmaster

Nuada
18-02-2009, 19:02
I've just had a game of warmaster for the first time yesterday, got to say "WOOWWW" what have i been doing playing warhammer, warmaster is loads better!!! Why didn't someone tell me earlier!!! :p

I've got my empire army all painted up, i've comissioned a friend to build me a 10mm scale castle. Two of my friends also tried it out, one is painting up HEs, the other mortal chaos

Also ordered the warmaster medieval book

Lemonbrick
18-02-2009, 22:26
:D

I had my first in about 6 years on tuesday ! I have to agree warmaster rulz!

just twisting the wifes arm to let me buy another army! (or two :angel:)

Lemonbrick

azraelezekiel
19-02-2009, 10:12
There is a free tournament at warhammer world in Nottingham next Saturday 28/02/2009.
It is very friendly and informal so get yourself along to it if you are nearby, even if you don't know the rules that well.
You need to let them know you are going to attend.
You can find further details on the warmaster yahoo group (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gw-warmaster/).

azraelezekiel
19-02-2009, 15:07
As for siege rules the ones written by David Simpson clarify a few issues (like wounds to stands on collapsing walls).
They used to be available on the old SG site, they may still be available on the net somewhere.

Nuada
19-02-2009, 18:44
I got the warmaster medieval book today, they have siege rules at the back.

I'm going to look out for some siege towers, battering rams, mantlets etc

azraelezekiel
19-02-2009, 21:00
yes I got that when it was released but the main draw back we came across was the vaguaries around what happened to stands on collapsing wall sections.
Dave sorted that out.

heffo
14-04-2009, 20:58
Played my first proper game tonight after buying the rulebook over ten years ago. Though we both were hazy on some aspects of the rules it was an excellent game. In the edge my Kislev force somehow scrapped a victory. I have a high elf force and Kislev/gaul force now in development.