PDA

View Full Version : Minor Gripe with WH/DH/Karskin

LostTemplar
06-12-2005, 15:10
Has anyoen noticed how you can't really use Karskin Sargeants as Veterans in Witchhunter squads? They don't have the hell gun/pistol availabe.

Also, why can't Inquisitor Acolytes take the Carapace armour in WH but not in DH? Argh.

They scattered the Karskin gear all over the two 'dexes, and even though you can use Karskin as Inquisitorial Storm Troppers, you can't really model the Sargeant for a WH force, which was my original intent.

Has anyone noted this?

boogle
06-12-2005, 15:19
if you're talking about the Hell Pistol and Hellgun, they are just omissions, you pay the points smae points as you do in the DH book

RE the carapace armour, its probaly the same Reason you can take Terminator Armour in the WH Armoury

LostTemplar
06-12-2005, 15:30
Its... Carapace Armour, the regular warrior have them... And you can't just buy a cheap way to protect your loyal servant? I can easilly buy a Power Armour for him, but not Carapace armour? (This justi n the Daemon Hunter's codex)

As for the Hell-weaponery, the problem is that the WH codex doesn't clearly say that. However, I can easilly use a Doctrined Imperial Guard army to overcome the minor dificulty, iirc.

boogle
06-12-2005, 15:49
seeing as the models has a Hellpistol, just pay the pointy and tell youir opponent that you have done so, its not like its a game winning weapon is it?

LostTemplar
06-12-2005, 15:58
lol... Evidently not.

TWB
06-12-2005, 16:18
I always took it to mean that Inquisitorrial stormtroopers were armed with hellguns . . . .

boogle
06-12-2005, 16:18
or count it as a Bolt Pistol

TWB, :LostTemplar is concerned that the Kasrkin Vet Sgt has a Hellpistol, but by the Codex can't take it, plus in the DH Codex, Hell Pistols and Hellguns are part of the Armoury, whereas in the WH Codex they are not

Gecko
06-12-2005, 18:06
moral of the story... dont play WH... jks the real moral is... dont use storm troopers in a WH army. i mean seriously for all of 1pt more you get powerarmour, a bolter and the ability to be faithful. :p

honestly though the missing hell-weapons is just an ommision from the WH codex, if anyone complains then tell them that they are carrying modified bolters around and the hose to the backpack is the feed for the gun so they dont have to reload... :p sry im just ranting now.

TWB
06-12-2005, 18:35
TWB, :LostTemplar is concerned that the Kasrkin Vet Sgt has a Hellpistol, but by the Codex can't take it, plus in the DH Codex, Hell Pistols and Hellguns are part of the Armoury, whereas in the WH Codex they are not

I know, but as they are Kasrkin, not storm troopers, there is no real gripe here, yes you can use them as stormtroopers of all varieties (I do), but they aren't, in fact, Inquisitorial Storm Troopers. If GW released an =][= Stormtrooper squad with the hellpistol guy then it might be an issue, otherwise it's like complaining about the lack of Reaper Autocannons in the New Terminator Box.

boogle
06-12-2005, 19:55
to be honest i'm more annoyed that Hell Weapons were kept in the IG Codex as 'Officers Only' equipment

Kyuss
06-12-2005, 21:43
While were on the subject of WH grumbles....

...How comes you can't give WH Characters decent hand flamers? And why the rarer fluffwise inferno pistol as a choice?

Seriously, All I wanted to do was an army of flamer wielding manics, and I was denied.........

Kyuss

Tom
06-12-2005, 21:48
Because it looks like the Inferno pistol and hand flamer have become one fluffwise to some extent.

What is odd is the fact that Seraphim get both.

boogle
06-12-2005, 21:51
but there is no Inferno Pistol Seraphim model

TWB
06-12-2005, 22:30
to be honest i'm more annoyed that Hell Weapons were kept in the IG Codex as 'Officers Only' equipment

I get the reasoning, the Hellgun/pistol are essentially special forces standard issue, so to have one means you are "The Man" in some way, a Hellguns Doctrine might have been nice perhaps (I don't think so personally)

It's silly that the Bolter, which is supposed to be far more difficult to aquire maintain and use seems to be far more available than the HG/HP

But I'm still annoyed I can't give My Army Commander a Lasgun, let alone anything else.

And whilst we're complaining :P how come there are at least three different interpretations of a "Veteran Guardsman"? Damnit :mad: :rolleyes:

With Regards to Handflamers/Infenopistols, Handflamers were declared "Hand to Hand combat weapons" but two combined had the same effect as a flamer so exactly what profile do you give a pistol that's half of a flamer? who would buy a St2 template pistol? To be honest, any model in your WH army (or any other Imperial force, for that matter) can carry a Hand flamer as a CCW, no worries, the Inferno pistol is THE weapon for pyromaniacs everywhere ;)

boogle
06-12-2005, 22:37
[color=#8999bb]

But I'm still annoyed I can't give My Army Commander a Lasgun, let alone anything else.

And whilst we're complaining :P how come there are at least three different interpretations of a "Veteran Guardsman"? Damnit :mad: :rolleyes:

color]
i'm not too sure what you mean?

TWB
06-12-2005, 23:42
Ok
Hardened veteran, Bs4 Ws3 A1 Ld8
Veteran (command squad) Bs3 Ws3 A1 Ld7
IG Veteran (Inquisitorial Henchman) Bs4 Ws3 A1 Ld7

I'd like it if all "veterans" were equivalent of Hardened Veterans.
And don't even get me started on the High Command Squad "veteran".

And I'd also like it if Inquisitorial Henchmen got a bigger list of possible upgrades and wargear.

Lurien
07-12-2005, 20:03
Can Inquisitional Storm Troopers take Valkyries? That would be a reason to take them over Sisters?

TWB
07-12-2005, 20:06
Valkyries are FW stuff so I assume you can shoehorn them in somehow, but the flyer rules are horrid

LostTemplar
07-12-2005, 23:07
Ok
Hardened veteran, Bs4 Ws3 A1 Ld8
Veteran (command squad) Bs3 Ws3 A1 Ld7
IG Veteran (Inquisitorial Henchman) Bs4 Ws3 A1 Ld7I'd like it if all "veterans" were equivalent of Hardened Veterans.
And don't even get me started on the High Command Squad "veteran".

And I'd also like it if Inquisitorial Henchmen got a bigger list of possible upgrades and wargear.

Well... You can model them holding a Heavy Bolter or heavy weapons fro ma list... It depends on how you look at the term "gun servitor".

It is a warrior, which is identical to the IG veteran Inquisitorial Henchman, but with a Heavy weapon isntead of the hellgun!