PDA

View Full Version : 200 Points Tomb Kings

Malarowski
18-02-2009, 22:12
This is my first go at a fast cavalry based army. The goal will be to quickly hit the opponent with some fire support. I had a Casket in this list before, but replaced it with 2 Swarms and the Heavy Cav. Any comments are appreciated, adjustments can be made. I have pretty much everything available to play around with, so I am open to a lot. :)

1 Tomb King 313
Light Armour
Flail of Skulls
Brooch of the Great Desert
Collar of Shapesh
Chariot

1 Tomb Prince
Flail
Light Armour
Chariot of Fire

1 Liche Priest 160
Hierophant;
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar

1 Liche Priest 173
2 Dispel Scroll
Skeletal Steed

3 Skeleton Chariots 165 (For the King)
Banner of the Undying Legion

3 Skeleton Chariots 120 (For the Prince)

20 Skeleton Warriors 160
Bow

10 Skeleton Warriors 80
Bow

2 Tomb Swarm 90

6 Skeleton Light Horsemen 84

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen 80

5 Carrion 120

1 Tomb Scorpion 85

1 Tomb Scorpion 85

1 Screaming Skull Catapult 110
Skulls of the Foe

Total: 1999

P.S. Yeah great, forgot a "0" in the title. Embarrassing.

Mooglemen
19-02-2009, 00:24
If it were my list I would find a way to get the casket back in the list. I never leave home without it, and find no list complete without it. There are just too many good things to be said about it to not field it. That is, of course, up to debate. If you squeezed the casket back in, you could drop the horse for the priest and she would able to cast on the catapult all game.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
19-02-2009, 03:46
I think three liche priests are necessary. I magic phase in which the opponent is completely at the mercy of the Tomb King player's mercy is one that the Tomb Kings will win without question.
Besides that its a really solid list. I would be afraid to fight it :D

Malarowski
19-02-2009, 13:15
If it were my list I would find a way to get the casket back in the list. I never leave home without it, and find no list complete without it. There are just too many good things to be said about it to not field it. That is, of course, up to debate. If you squeezed the casket back in, you could drop the horse for the priest and she would able to cast on the catapult all game.

I understand that a casket is very powerful, yet my entire army will run away from it, blocking LOS to it basically. Then on another hand it could cover my back, but I think that can be managed by the archers anyway. I just fear that it will be some 300 points sitting around waiting to be killed after 2nd or 3rd turn.

longshot007
19-02-2009, 21:55
i don't think a 200 point tomb king army is gonna work too well. :p