PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Lizardmen Casual Army

Johnson
19-02-2009, 18:08
I don't plan to be playing any tournaments with this army, just going up against friends and whatnot.

The main army I will be playing against is Vampire Counts.
I will also be playing against Ogre Kingdom often.
If I could get some input on weak points or something I may have messed up on let me know.

Heroes: 537 points

Skink Priest

Level 2 Wizard
Ancient Stegadon

Saurus Scar-Vetteran

Light Armor
Shield
Additional Hand Weapon
Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent

Core: 558 Points
12 Skink Skirmishers(4 Squads)

Brave

16 Saurus Warriors

Champion
Musician
4 Spears

Special: 405 Points
20 Temple Guard

Revered Guardian
Musician
Bearer
Totem of Prophecy

Total: 1500 Points

Spirit
19-02-2009, 21:34
Ok, where to start.

Skink Priest. With only 5 power dice you do not have a lot going for you in the magic phase. Give him the diadem of power so you have 6 dispell dice and 3 power dice. This way you will close down their magic phase, stopping your army getting hurt.

Scar veteran: If a model has a magic weapon he must use it, and only mundane hand weapons can be combined with an additional hand weapon, so the additional hand weapon you have bought him cannot be used unless his magic weapon is destroyed (very unlikey) Drop it.

Put him on a cold one, this gives him a 2+ save and makes your unit of saurus immune to the effects of fear, stupidity isnt an issue with LD8 and 3 dice to roll it on.

Core skinks: Drop the brave in each unit and give each unit an extra skink, taking them to 13 each. This means they will have to lose 4 models before taking any panic check. Guaranteed to save you numerous times with Ld6. Plus 2 more shots is better than +1 to hit on 2 shots, especially when poison is concerned.

Saurus: You have said "4 spears" in your list, if you do literally mean 4 spear armed models, this is illegal, you must buy spears for the whole unit, or none at all.

Also, give them a standard, not a champion, a champion gives one exrtra attack that MAY give you 1 combat resolution, a standard WILL give you +1 combat resolution, itsa much better choice imo.

Changes to the army: If i were to make an army like this, i wouldnt have temple guard, i find them to be little better for their points without a slan than regular saurus. If you took normal saurus you could fit in some.....

Terradons!! These things are amazing, 4 of them will completely deter any light armoured flanking units, mages will be forced to stay in units, which means you can get into combat with them and kill them, hey are unit strength 2 each so if you place them behind a unit and that unit flees, that unit dies, instantly. And they shoot. And they marchblock. All for 120 points. Yes please.

vamp
19-02-2009, 22:04
in a 1500 point game thats casual I think your list is great. You don't need 50 power dice to play a casual low point cost game that is fun=)

Johnson
21-02-2009, 03:22
Heroes: 870 Points

Skink Priest
Level 2 Wizard
Ancient Stegadon
Diadem of Power

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Light Armor
Maiming Shield
Sword of Battle

TikTaq'To
Mask of Heavens
The Blade of Ancient Skies
Mount: Zwup

Core: 530 Points

12 Skink Skirmishers(4 squads)

16 Saurus Warrios
Musician
Standard Bearer

Special: 100 Points

3 Terradon riders
Brave

Total: 1500 Points

So fixed up a new list. I dropped the temple guard and swapped them with a hero and a terradons. Threw a diadem of power on my wiz and made my warriors legal for the game by dropping the 4 spears. Input or suggestions?